DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

Is there an option after installing the stand alone to opt into open beta?

I ditched the regular DCS World version and downloaded the Beta from here (bottom of the screen): http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have missed something: Just looked at Wags' latest DCSW 1.5 Blacksea map video (Sept. 6), and the ground textures seem to be completely different from what we have now. And I thought the Blacksea map won't be updated. Looks great now, btw.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Been stated,

DCS1.5 uses mustang's high resolution textures.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Will we get a changelog before the 1.5 open Beta release?

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Open Beta and DCS 1.5/ 2.0

When DCSW 1.5 comes out on open beta and I have my regular DCSW installed, do I need to buy all my bought modules again to work in the open beta or do they automatically transfer over by recognizing it from the public release version on my PC? I've never installed open beta so I'm unaware of what exactly the procedure is. Thanks or the help. - Elmo

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Whoa, that would case a lot of problems and hostilities if you would have to buy all your modules AGAIN just for the open beta!

No, like StandingCrow said: You don't have to rebuy anything, just reactivate maybe. The Open Beta is exactly the same as the normal version, the only difference is, that the open beta will automatically download the beta updates while the normal version will wait until updates get released to the public version before downloading them.

You can even convert your normal DCS installation to the beta, so you don't have to install it separately. How that works is explained here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just watched Wag's Sep 6 video. I am SO relieved to hear that ED is now paying attention to missile flight dynamics and operational performances. I really don't care if the 9M completely sucks at launch by falling off the rail or flies for 100 miles and takes out cigarette lighters... so long as it's based on reality. From what Wags said, that's what they are shooting for. That realism is what I expect out of a study sim.

As for the eye candy in 1.5, ah... who cares? (Okay, okay, okay! I am joking!!!! Don't yell at me!) Seriously, the scenes in the video are incredibly awesomely wonderful.

Finally, I don't know about what other people were looking closely at, but I was hoping to see the L-39 touch the runway just a little off bank so I could see the physics kick in to level the plane. Wag's landings were very smooth so it was only on the last landing that I wasn't distracted by the scenery enough that I could see the "bump" of leveling. Awesome physics!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

re: missiles

i wonder if EOS/IRST performance will be held to the same rigid standard as missiles?

(ie.. reliance on "hard data" ---- no "guesstimating" (oops, looks like they already did) ---- listening to "both sides" in the argument (east v west ---- etc)

all i'm saying is.. fair is fair

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

re: missiles

i wonder if EOS/IRST performance will be held to the same rigid standard as missiles?

(ie.. reliance on "hard data" ---- no "guesstimating" (oops, looks like they already did) ---- listening to "both sides" in the argument (east v west ---- etc)

all i'm saying is.. fair is fair

There is plenty of info available on EOS systems no difference to radar implementation. The comparison with missile performance is a strange one to make, sounds more like grasping at straws to make a point.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

So apparently my post here was irrelevent to the DCS world discussion but my question was if I download the open beta 1.5 and still have the public release version 1.2.16, do my modules get avaliable automatically in the open beta or would I have to transfer them again. Just wondering as I assume most people will transfer to open beta and not wait for public release. I would rather not transfer my modules over and then back when 1.5 comes to public release.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

So apparently my post here was irrelevent to the DCS world discussion but my question was if I download the open beta 1.5 and still have the public release version 1.2.16, do my modules get avaliable automatically in the open beta or would I have to transfer them again. Just wondering as I assume most people will transfer to open beta and not wait for public release. I would rather not transfer my modules over and then back when 1.5 comes to public release.

Just download the open beta and use the module manager. It will transfer all of your aircraft over to the beta version.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Just download the open beta and use the module manager. It will transfer all of your aircraft over to the beta version.

So I don't need to transfer them manually or buy them again new?

Ok I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but:

Do I really need to Download the Whole DCS Beta for 1.5? I mean it shouldnt use many different files than the normal .exe does or?

So is it possible to copy the normal DCSWorld Folder and just change some install paths or files? I dont have any mods installed btw.

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

Excellent, much appreciated help folks, gonna sleep well tonight knowing that. Another quick one, open beta and public versions of DCSW are seperate installs correct?