DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

thanks for that note Revelation, courious what we will get finaly ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Can you please explain more about the "Carrier DCL"? Does this mean that Hornet will not be able to do naval ops without said DLC?

Please ask here or the risk for your Q, to be overlooked is high.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144519&page=19

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Another nice video, nice to hear they are considering the option to remove all of the HUD on the L-39 (and hopefully the hood also) The clear view would be appreciated during joy flights.

KA-50 campaign was a surprise, I rarely fly it but it may give me the kick I need to finally learn that aircraft, I was expecting an F-15c campaign next, although I guess that may still be possible.

As for the carrier as a DLC, well I guess it's early and they are still trying to figure things out so we probably shouldn't make too many assumptions and get carried away. It would be nice to have a little more elaboration on that though.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Don't know if thats the right section, but what about Activations?

Will there be a new system or do we still will have 9 Activations max?

Edit: For some reason i thought there are only the graphical features listed on the front, i will look it up, thx.

Edited by amigastar

• ED Team
Don't know if thats the right section, but what about Activations?

Will there be a new system or do we still will have 9 Activations max?

Please read the first post in the thread, it lists the features that have been discussed, if its not there, it hasnt been mentioned, and we have no info about it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My belief is that Wags is referring to greater player control over the carrier. The question Wags answered was dealing with "advanced aircraft carrier operations." Wags may simply have went a different path with that verbiage.

The question that Wags answered wasn't actually related to "advanced carrier operations". The verbatim question and associated answer were as follows:

Will the F-18 come with a new map and will a high quality carrier come with it?

Probably not. What we're focusing on with DCS: World is having individual components as individual components. We'll release the Hornet as one DLC, the supporting map like Straits of Hormuz as a separate DLC and if we do a new Nimitz Class carrier, that'll be another DLC.

I'm not sure how "Will the F-18 come with a high quality carrier?" being answered with "Probably not. If we do a new Nimitz Class carrier, that'll be another DLC" can reasonably be reinterpreted into "Wags is referring to greater player control over the carrier".

That seems to be a pretty unambiguous statement that there will be no new carrier with the F-18 and "new carrier = new DLC".

Time will tell, I guess.

Edited by Pizzicato
  • Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

KA-50 campaign was a surprise, I rarely fly it but it may give me the kick I need to finally learn that aircraft, I was expecting an F-15c campaign next, although I guess that may still be possible.

I've just been getting back into the Black Shark and I'm an SP-only gamer, so this is great news from my perspective. :pilotfly:

In terms of the F-15C, I believe that it and the A-10C are both getting new Red Flag campaigns for the NTTR map.

Good times. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Moderators is it possible to sticky first post collapsible with every page? In that way a lot of already asked question will not be repeated

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Nice Q&A video, thanks. Clear and concise informations. :thumbup:

I hope the new PACE effect technoly is going well, it'll be so immersive to have all these new fancy weather, explosions, rain and grass effects. To name only those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any new regarding 1.5 and Oculus support?

I'm just sitting here with an AMD card, a DK2, and DCS for the past year and haven't gotten to try them due to no support.

I would also like to know that :thumbup:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

• ED Team

From the first post in this thread:

DCS World 1.5

Prior to the release of DCS World 2, DCS World 1.5 will be released. This version will be the much the same as described above for DCS World 2 but will NOT include the ability to use new maps and several of the new map features. We plan to release DCS World 1.5 along side DCS: L-39 Albatros in September 2015. Items of DCS World 1.5 include:

Direct X 11 support

Improved performance

Improved lighting

Better graphical effects (contrails and missile smoke trails)

Better use of multiple GPUs (CPU multi-threading is not being pursued as it will provide little if any gain)

Unified front end and simulation .exe

Improved API sound support

Improved Oculus Rift support

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My DCS FC3 module which is activated with DCS World will be compatible with DCS 1.5 or 2.0 when it will released? :huh:

i7-4790k @4.4GHz // GTX 980 / 16Go // Win 10 // Sennheiser PC 350

Samsung 28° LED 4K // Hotas Warthog // TrackIR Pro 4 // Track Clip Pro

My DCS FC3 module which is activated with DCS World will be compatible with DCS 1.5 or 2.0 when it will released? :huh:

DCS World 2

DCS World 2 is the next iteration of the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series that will include a new graphics engine (developed in our Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine development environment). It will be a FREE update and all of your DCS World module keys will work with it.

I guess people really don't like reading.. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• ED Team

DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Note: Please stay on topic. Off topic posts will be removed. This thread will be heavily moderated.

We also ask that you please abide by our forum rules:

http://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

In particular:

1.10. - Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Please note: When there is new news it will be posted in this post or as part of an official newsletter. We have no set schedule for news updates and news will be provided only when we feel there is newsworthy items to pass along.

DCS World 2

DCS World 2 is the next iteration of the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series that will include a new graphics engine (developed in our Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine development environment). It will be a FREE update and all of your DCS World module keys will work with it. In addition to the new graphics engine, DCS World 2 will also usher in the ability to have multiple maps integrated into DCS (both developed by Eagle Dynamics and our 3rd party partners). Maps currently in developed include the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), Strait of Hormuz, and Europe 1944. The Map SDK is available to qualified 3rd party development teams. Interested parties can PM me with detailed proposals.

Some features we plan to include in DCS World 2 include:

• Direct X 11 support
  • Improved performance
  • Dynamic shadowing of the terrain and mountains
  • Improved weather
  • Improved lighting
  • Clipmap support for new maps
  • Higher object counts
  • Higher resolution ground terrain mesh and textures for new maps (between 1 and 64 meters per pixel depending on area of map and clipmap level)
  • More detailed tree models with collision for new maps
  • Better graphical effects
  • High resolution road textures for new maps
  • Ability for road signs and light signals for new maps
  • Additional ground clutter (rocks, cactuses, etc.) for new maps
  • Skeleton animation for infantry
  • Better use of multiple GPUs (CPU multi-threading is not being pursued as it will provide little if any gain)
  • Ability to create dedicated servers in the future
  • Unified front end and simulation .exe
  • Improved API sound support
  • Improved Oculus Rift support

Several of the features will probably not be available when the DCS World 2 is first launched as an open beta. This includes improved weather and dedicated server.

The Black Sea map will see several benefits of this including better lighting, improved grass, effects and weather.

DCS World 1.5

Prior to the release of DCS World 2, DCS World 1.5 will be released. This version will be the much the same as described above for DCS World 2 but will NOT include the ability to use new maps and several of the new map features. We plan to release DCS World 1.5 along side DCS: L-39 Albatros in September 2015. Items of DCS World 1.5 include:

• Direct X 11 support
  • Improved performance
  • Improved lighting
  • Better graphical effects (contrails and missile smoke trails)
  • Better use of multiple GPUs (CPU multi-threading is not being pursued as it will provide little if any gain)
  • Unified front end and simulation .exe
  • Improved API sound support
  • Improved Oculus Rift support

The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Map

The first new map being developed for DCS World 2 is the NTTR map.

This map originally started as a third party project with no input from Eagle Dynamics. However, as we started to develop DCS: A-10C, we realized that this map could serve as a great location for the A-10C training missions. To make this happen, we officially partnered with the third party team to help make this happen. We were so confident in this endeavor that we included a very early version as part of the original A-10C beta.

Unfortunately, due to several reasons, the third party team dissolved and Eagle was left holding the bag of a promised NTTR map to customers that had purchased it as part of A-10C. After taking over the project, it soon became apparent that the current engine was incapable of running the map at the desired quality levels vs. performance. In order to realize this map as first envisioned, an entirely new image generator would be required... this later became a key element of the new graphics engine.

Building a new graphics engine is never an easy or fast task and DCS World 2 has proved no different. However, the NTTR map has provided an excellent test bed for the new map rendering technologies. So, all that being said, the NTTR was developed for the following reasons:

1- For training missions of western aircraft.

2- To honor A-10C beta purchases.

3- Allow creation of Red Flag type missions centered on the NTTR.

4- New map technology test bed.

Some facts about the NTTR map:

• Airfields include Nellis AFB, Groom Lake AFB, Creech AFB, and Las Vegas McCarren. At a later point we hope to also add Tonopah AFB.
  • The map is approximately 600 x 610 km. The airfield locations have the greatest detail (elevation mesh and textures of 2 meters per pixel), the center area of the map between the airfields (as indicted by the area covered by roads in the attached image) has the second highest detail (4-8 meters per pixel), and the area along the outside portions of the map have the least detail (16 to 64 meters per pixel). Attached are images from low, medium and high altitude from low, medium and high detail areas of the map.
  • We hope to release an Alpha test version within the next couple of months depending how debugging goes.
  • Currently, most of the art aspects are complete and most of the remaining work is in regards to integrating the map into DCS World 2 (AI, effects, collisions, weather, etc.)
  • An Alpha test version of the NTTR map will be made available for free to those customers that purchased the A-10C beta. For those that did not take part in the A-10C beta, the NTTR map price and availability is TBD

Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=108560&d=1417708206

attachment.php?attachmentid=108561&d=1417708206

64Sig.png

Months ago, Wags posted a thread to look for a voluntary Chinese localization team. But after that, we have no info/news about the Chinese localization of either the team or the sim.

Now 1.5 which is almost same as 2.0 (system fundamental) is approaching, so will we see CN support in 1.5 release in Sept? Any news please?

Months ago, Wags posted a thread to look for a voluntary Chinese localization team. But after that, we have no info/news about the Chinese localization of either the team or the sim.

Now 1.5 which is almost same as 2.0 (system fundamental) is approaching, so will we see CN support in 1.5 release in Sept? Any news please?

Chinese localization has started on the 1.2.16.43180 with some manuals

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2454890&postcount=9