DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

Yes, I know.

It is the 'advanced control' of labels I am looking for though. I want to set the Labels for all mission users.

There is no half way house. Either ful labels are on or they are off. If they are on they can only be modified by the individual player locally through a Labels.lua in the \Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\ folder

the very fact that this is the very first time i have ever seen or heard about this particular request, leads me to believe no, this specific thing will probably NOT be part of the graphics update known as 1.5 or the graphics+map update known as 2.0

(graphics update - not program/code/functionality update)

if it was, i'm sure there would be a comment about it by people in the know

and people not in the know, wouldn't make a statement regarding it

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that they dont mention an exact release date for 1.5 makes me nervous and anxious...

According to Facebook posts by ED:

Mid- to late-September 2015

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

the very fact that this is the very first time i have ever seen or heard about this particular request, leads me to believe no, this specific thing will probably NOT be part of the graphics update known as 1.5 or the graphics+map update known as 2.0

(graphics update - not program/code/functionality update)

if it was, i'm sure there would be a comment about it by people in the know

and people not in the know, wouldn't make a statement regarding it

Is there a way to request this "new" fuctionality? If so, what would be the best way?

Korea/WW2 warfare (anything without sophisticated radar) would benefit greatly..

Greetings,

Morkster

--------------

4790k @4.7, 32Gb 2400 Mhz, maximus VII ranger, 980ti sli on water, 3x asus rog swift, 512 Gb m.2 hyperx, 512 samsung ssd, ffb2 with g940, trackir 5, dk2

System requirements for DCS world 2.0

Hey guys,

Maybe this is an stupid question :D

I couldn't find the answer... are the system requirements for World 2.0 going to be the same as the current DCS World version?

Thanks!!

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

Hey guys,

I couldn't find the answer... are the system requirements for World 2.0 going to be the same as the current DCS World version?

Thanks!!

One of my favorite sayings is "there is no such thing as a stupid question", so no worries there. The reason why you couldn't find an answer is because officially there isn't one. No hardware requirements have been posted for DCS World 1.5/2.0. other than it does require a DX11 capable graphics card.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

One of my favorite sayings is "there is no such thing as a stupid question", so no worries there. The reason why you couldn't find an answer is because officially there isn't one. No hardware requirements have been posted for DCS World 1.5/2.0. other than it does require a DX11 capable graphics card.

Good... so I'm not that bad looking for topics in the forum.

Thanks a lot guys, you're really quick to give answers!

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

Hey guys,

Thanks!!

Windows 7 and DirectX11 are the only thing's set in stone right now, as the New EDGE Engine is DirectX11, which requires Windows 7 or newer.

Everything else you should assume it's the current minimum specs at least for now.

SO, Don't expect Minimum/Recommended Specs to be lowered.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Windows 7 and DirectX11 are the only thing's set in stone right now, as the New EDGE Engine is DirectX11, which requires Windows 7 or newer.

Everything else you should assume it's the current minimum specs at least for now.

SO, Don't expect Minimum/Recommended Specs to be lowered.

you miss 64bit OS :megalol:

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

64Bit is already a minimum requirement, which falls under the "dont expect minimum specs to be lowered" comment.

64Bit is already a minimum requirement, which falls under the "dont expect minimum specs to be lowered" comment.

I was more under the impression that, for the same spec anyone already has, EDGE would bring improvements in Graphics performance (otherwise my GTX980 and 3 new screens will have been pointless). I hope 1.5 / 2.0 is not somehow pushing other boundaries that would negate such Graphics performance improvement.

Can you shed any light on that?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Things are getting exciting, people. :) Can't wait for the new video coming on the 6th.

Yeah apparently some kind of big reveal will be on the sixth, or at least an answer to a very popular Q&A question.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Is there one place I can go to and see all the recent Wags videos and Edge goodness?

Yeah, in the official news section: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144516

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Its not a reveal, its just a discussion on a hot topic more or less.

A hot DCS World topic? What could that possibly be...?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Weather...or not

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10