DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

It's PFM? I thought it was AFM and that was the reason why some things donts work correctly, like the rudder, or the inability to do a knife.

Is AFM more than PFM? Sorry for the ignorance.

It isn't finished yet, or the final version isn't released anyway. Wags mentioned very recently that it is near completion so expect it to be updated sometime in the future.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is still sure that all old low poly and low texture resolution models are being reworked in DCS 2? Because when Matt in his latest video speak about "Old Carrier" it sounds a little bit confusing (It sounds to me like the low poly carriers stay in DCS2). Because Aircraft Carriers models need to be redone. I assume that we get a new "Old Carrier" model but functions stays the same and that theoretical Nimitz Carrier DLC will be aircraft carrier with all its complex functions etc...

As say, 3D models on DCS: W go slow to update them, you can check the progress on the "unofficial" roadmap or the 3D vacant model list

here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115

Q: If i understand it correct, DCS 1.5 will be go first into the OpenBeta. Will we see on a certain point a "stable/public" DCS 1.5 version or do we need to wait for 2.0 to see a public DCS with EDGE?

1.5 will be EDGE. 2.0 will be ability to import new maps into DCS World. (Check one of the last 2 Update videos. I think Matt mentioned and explained this better than I)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

1.5 will be EDGE. 2.0 will be ability to import new maps into DCS World. (Check one of the last 2 Update videos. I think Matt mentioned and explained this better than I)

You misunderstand me - we have stable/public and openbeta versions of DCS World x.y - my question was, will the 1.5 OpenBeta at a certain point goes into a stable/public version or do we need to wait for 2.0 to see a stable/public version

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

You misunderstand me - we have stable/public and openbeta versions of DCS World x.y - my question was, will the 1.5 OpenBeta at a certain point goes into a stable/public version or do we need to wait for 2.0 to see a stable/public version

Likely, It Would be:

1.5 Open beta,

1.5 Release Branch,

2.0 Open Beta,

2.0 Release Branch.

Just my assumption, not an actual statement of confirmation.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Pretty sure shadows are a engine feature not a specific terrain feature, so yeah, it's very likely.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

In the last videos only trees and buildings are casting shadows.

I believe Wags runs w/ flat shadows on IIRC from one of his Q/A Videos. Cant be entirely sure though/

Edited by SkateZilla

Pretty sure the self shadowing on the land in NTTR is pre-computed. Wags mentioned in a video that there are four shadow maps for four different parts of the day.

This is a pretty smart way to do it but whether pre-computed shadow maps can be made for the Caucaus map was not mentioned.

I believe Wags runs w/ flat shadows on IIRC from one of his Q/A Videos.

I think flat (or non-flat, whatever it's called) shadows option is only for objects, not the terrain.

Pretty sure the self shadowing on the land in NTTR is pre-computed. Wags mentioned in a video that there are four shadow maps for four different parts of the day.

This is a pretty smart way to do it but whether pre-computed shadow maps can be made for the Caucaus map was not mentioned.

That's what I remember as well. I'm really curious whether Black Sea will have those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

probably a pre release test for the actual public release of 1.5/2?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Please excuse my not re-reading 300+ pages if his has been asked before.

In 1.5 or 2.0 will it be possible to set aircraft Labels in the Mission Editor. I know we can set local labels in the Labels.lua but I would like to be able to control them for everyone as part of the mission design.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

In 1.5 or 2.0 will it be possible to set aircraft Labels in the Mission Editor. I know we can set local labels in the Labels.lua but I would like to be able to control them for everyone as part of the mission design.
It is already possible to turn labels on/off for everyone in the mission editor (under mission options). There is no advanced control of label settings though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is already possible to turn labels on/off for everyone in the mission editor (under mission options). There is no advanced control of label settings though.

Yes, I know.

It is the 'advanced control' of labels I am looking for though. I want to set the Labels for all mission users.

There is no half way house. Either ful labels are on or they are off. If they are on they can only be modified by the individual player locally through a Labels.lua in the \Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\ folder

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I believe Wags runs w/ flat shadows on IIRC from one of his Q/A Videos. Cant be entirely sure though/

Any thoughts on the pros an cons to using different shadow settings? Just curious. Performance impact? Different vehicles appearing different visually(spot distance etc)?:pilotfly:

Any thoughts on the pros an cons to using different shadow settings? Just curious. Performance impact? Different vehicles appearing different visually(spot distance etc)?:pilotfly:

Shadow settings will have an impact on performance, that is why Waggs typically ran with Flat shadows.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The fact that they dont mention an exact release date for 1.5 makes me nervous and anxious...

Yeaaaah, that's marketing! :smartass:

I am very very anxious too.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5