DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

seems it covers edwards afb

it covers the area where Edward AFB locates, but the AFB will not be included and the texture detail will be rough there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will not see more AFBs!

it covers the area where Edward AFB locates, but the AFB will not be included and the texture detail will be rough there

ok, gotcha, but what about the cities ? (there are large cities on the outer boundaries of the caucasian map such as anapa, mineralnye vody, tbilisi and batumi)

and what kind of detail will get the grand canyon and on the other side the sierra nevada ? and on the north the monitor range mountains and great basin national park with the wheeler peak ?

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

The focus of the map is NTTR, most content outside of that area will be lower detail. That is not to say it cant/wont be added, just dont expect every area included on that map to be populated and detailed.

I dont know whether dcs 2 will bring a new map architecture that it can support plugin even nttr map has been well baked and packaged. If so, then modders can add other AFBs freely (only visible for those who installed the mod, but there would be much funny scenes :lol:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Looking at the map, it doesn't reach to LA. The western edge of the map ends at the eastern sierras, just east of Bakersfield/Fresno/King's Canyon region. It does seem to include the western edge of the Grand Canyon.

It's a big map, takes a while to fly across that in a commercial flight at least.

Will be a great map for sightseeing once it's released. I went back and had a good look at some of the videos Wags released in late 2014. Looks like a huge upgrade over current DCS (which I think is pretty good) and will be serious fun once released.

-Nick

• ED Team
Looking at the map, it doesn't reach to LA. The western edge of the map ends at the eastern sierras, just east of Bakersfield/Fresno/King's Canyon region. It does seem to include the western edge of the Grand Canyon.

It's a big map, takes a while to fly across that in a commercial flight at least.

Will be a great map for sightseeing once it's released. I went back and had a good look at some of the videos Wags released in late 2014. Looks like a huge upgrade over current DCS (which I think is pretty good) and will be serious fun once released.

-Nick

The outer areas will be lower resolution textures and wont have any objects such as buildings.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The outer areas will be lower resolution textures and wont have any objects such as buildings.

... and from what I have read a lot of the airfields that are actually within the detailed areas will not be present either... such as NAWS China Lake, Ft Irwin, Edwards AFB and a lot of the smaller civilian airports scattered around.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Hopefully it is released in 2015. There is no official date set for release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

with this being neveda and groom lake and all, i hope they program in some hidden easter eggs like a rare ufo sighting or something :D

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Hello i,m french, sorry for my English.

DCS World 2, for 2015 is possible ? The date please.

Thank you for this simulation, i love

Thank You

Hi tenevas,

The latest info we have from Matt on DCS 2.0 is below...

We hope to release DCS World 2 in the first half of 2015. This is not a promise but simply our best estimate given the current development status as of December 2014. We also cannot promise that each feature listed above will make it into the initial release.

Is it possible to disclose any information on possible file sizes in comparison to the Caucus map? Is that information still off the table for discussion?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Is it possible to disclose any information on possible file sizes in comparison to the Caucus map? Is that information still off the table for discussion?

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never noticed the bombs on that Eagle. Is that new ? (When I searched the thread no one else mentioned anything about it- sry for not reading through 190 pages)

Oh boy I look forward to 2.0

I am sure many new sim-pilots will be born with the release. ^^

Keep up the good work! - Can I pay now ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I did not find anything if metioned earlier but how is it with HOTAS profiles in DCS 2? Are those .diff files compatible?

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro