DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

So you can throw away the "smartgraf recommended specs of Xfired R9-290s to maintain 60Hz at 1080px argument now

:music_whistling:

I wouldn't until we are flying it and have Ai or multiplayer match going with many vehicles and objects. If it still runs like what is perceived in that video then I'd say success.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed that it can run so well on these specs and not massively OC`d Titan SLI`d rig.

on the other hand , top end machines these days are benchmarked with games at 1440p or 4K resolution.

Anyway im optimistic about DCS future.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

performance looks great with that system spec... Oh I prey EDGE will give me mirrors and in cockpit shadows!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

performance looks great with that system spec... Oh I prey EDGE will give me mirrors and in cockpit shadows!
I hope so too for your sake. Shadows do add a lot to the immersion factor. Mirrors .. well, I use sparingly because I sometimes get a bit of choppiness in denser areas with them on.

EDIT: speaking of mirrors and reflections, I find one of the biggest FPS hits in the current world is water reflections. Whenever I fly the Huey instant action "Harbour Tour", my computer chunks down to 20 FPS at the harbour just from all the building and ship reflections in the water.

Edited by kontiuka

I hope so too for your sake. Shadows do add a lot to the immersion factor. Mirrors .. well, I use sparingly because I sometimes get a bit of choppiness in denser areas with them on.

EDIT: speaking of mirrors and reflections, I find one of the biggest FPS hits in the current world is water reflections. Whenever I fly the Huey instant action "Harbour Tour", my computer chunks down to 20 FPS at the harbour just from all the building and ship reflections in the water.

Just Curious - what are your system specs?

Nate

There's in cockpit shadows on the F-15C Video...... :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

i7-3820 quad core @ 3.6 gHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 680 2 GB, Windows 7 64 bit. All graphics settings on high.

Hmmmm, not too Dissimilar to mine. I don't seem to get that much of a hit with that mission.]

EDIT:- actually I take that back - just retested and am seeing similar when looking toward the city over the sea.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

It's actually very much how it looks real-time...

Glowing: can you say something about new grass features?

It seem that the new grass we saw on some old screens are missing in the most recent videos/screens.

CA_new.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Hmmmm, not too Dissimilar to mine. I don't seem to get that much of a hit with that mission.]

EDIT:- actually I take that back - just retested and am seeing similar when looking toward the city over the sea.

Nate

Thanks for testing it.

Im watching the Toad and Albatros videos over and over, trying to find out if the trees are old 2d ones, or if they are some new 3d modeled ones.

Imho the best shots to investigate are in the Albatros video 1:00 - 1:01 in the lower left corner

Im watching the Toad and Albatros videos over and over, trying to find out if the trees are old 2d ones, or if they are some new 3d modeled ones.

Imho the best shots to investigate are in the Albatros video 1:00 - 1:01 in the lower left corner

Old trees, new shadowing and lighting makes everything look new.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Glowing: can you say something about new grass features?

It seem that the new grass we saw on some old screens are missing in the most recent videos/screens.

CA_new.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Bye

Phant

Most likely made too much performance hit and got removed or wont be implemented to old map.

Most likely made too much performance hit and got removed or wont be implemented to old map.

That's too bad if it's true. That grass was the best part and would make us rotor heads and ground pounders very happy with that immersion. Guess old grass and bushes will do as long as it's a much farther draw distance .

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Will aircraft receive individualized smoke trails in DCS 2.0? Right now it seems all jets have the same black-ish smoke from their engines.

They all have different smokiness levels in the LUAs afaik in 1.2.x

Effects are pretty much WIP, And the Videos are recorded using WIP builds and not gold builds, so some items may be turned off or missing from videos that were in previous ones.

I just think they could use some more improvement, I'm hoping 2.0 helps.

I hear you. DCS could use all kinds of make-over but the problem is which one first? We have our priorities and ED have theirs. Bohemia Interactive are raking in cash, yet their simple fps, compared to DCS world, still could use a bunch of improvements. I'm guessing size of cash flow and manpower don't make one iota of difference.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Regarding World 2, does anyone know if Mission building is going to be any simpler?

For currently one have to be a programmer to create one.

At least is there a manual out there explaining commands etc?

335th_GREros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The basic mission building is simple (no need for a programmer - the challenge part is the testing of trigger action conditon.

Just do a youtube search for Tutorials.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Regarding World 2, does anyone know if Mission building is going to be any simpler?

For currently one have to be a programmer to create one.

At least is there a manual out there explaining commands etc?

IIRC Wags stated that the mission builder won't change much. I don't see why it would to be honest, it's quite powerfull and you can get the hang of it after a few tutorials.

May the 4th be with you all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]