DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that they are not coming up with any news because they are on the very final steps before release.

I hope that the next newsletter will have something like "EDGE is going to be released in Public Alpha on "exact/date".

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

My guess is that they are not coming up with any news because they are on the very final steps before release.

I hope that the next newsletter will have something like "EDGE is going to be released in Public Alpha on "exact/date".

If that was the case then surly we would be seeing screen shots. I mean, screen shots are hardly classed as news, are they? A few screen shots wouldn't go amiss just to keep people's interest afloat, it seems people are getting frustrated because their hearing or seeing nothing at all.

Edited by joebloggs

Exact date? Not likely to happen.

I don't think they have any date to tell us, before the DCS2.0 update is packaged and ftp'ed to the update site. So, basically a few hours before the update goes live.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Waiting for edge feels more and more like waiting for grandma to finish the roast.

Can't we at least get a bone to stare at?

I would like a progress report, listing what is finished (from todays perspective, always subject to change) and what lies still ahead.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I think when people hear nothing or see nothing they start to suspect something might be wrong. The last I heard it was just tweaking they were doing.

It seemed like they were close. This was 2 months ago though...

We are nearing a point where DCS World 2 will be available for a public, alpha release. The primary work remains with sorting out some issues with the unified .exe (no longer will the front end and simulation end operate as two separate exe). We have also been using this time to give mission builders better control of AI weapon jettison, afterburner use, and restrictions of when they can attack air and ground targets. Now that the 1.2.15 update is released, the team will be focused on final testing and preparing DCS World 2 (and the NTTR map) for its debut.

The natives are getting restless it seems with all this silence. :D I expect there will be more chatter and speculation as to what is or isn't happening. The moderators will get busier silencing us. This until that bone is thrown. I feel like they're close, but I said the same thing 3 months ago and last fall. :(

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

No it is not. Amazing sense of speed!

Included is a video demonstrating the urban density possible with DCS World 2 and the tremendous sense of speed it provides when flying at low altitude. No, no time acceleration is used.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

@Cibit - Has that video sped up? I find it difficult to believe that is a true speed we will see.

That's funny, they must have known people would be shocked. :D

In the newsletter it says "No, no time acceleration is used."

SNIPED :doh:

Can we get a thread for DCS2 for modding, away from the chit chat?

I previously asked about support for Substances, or other procedural textures, and it got lost in the shuffle. Having a spot for those of us who want to make content away from the general chat would be kind of nice :)

Knowing if things like that are available in advance we could have shader packs for wear and damage ready in advance of release.

(Note: I had created a thread at the time just for that topic and a mod stuck it in here instead).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

• ED Team
Can we get a thread for DCS2 for modding, away from the chit chat?

I previously asked about support for Substances, or other procedural textures, and it got lost in the shuffle. Having a spot for those of us who want to make content away from the general chat would be kind of nice :)

Knowing if things like that are available in advance we could have shader packs for wear and damage ready in advance of release.

(Note: I had created a thread at the time just for that topic and a mod stuck it in here instead).

That info might not be available yet.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png