DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS World 2 Discussion

Have I successfully started a rumor that DCS 2.0 will be out in 7 days time?

Yup, get ready for the pitchforks! ;)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

:lol:GW You're KILLING US!!?:lol:

There is no reason to let it bother you. Just imagine all of the bugs that are probably there as well. Remember, there is a good reason that it isn't out yet. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Be optimistic guys, and trust me, once you get your own hands on DCS World 2.0 and the Nevada map, you will see that all the time waiting has definetly been worth it, and it shows. It seriously looks amazing with all the bells and whistles. :thumbup:

I think they did the same kind of promise for funding the F-35 :music_whistling:

Nah I am just kidding, I am sure ED is putting a lot of effort for polishing EDGE to a alpha playable state :pilotfly:

Does anyone know how much the NTTR map will cost for the non A-10C beta purchasers? I remember reading somewhere It was going to be $50.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Does anyone know how much the NTTR map will cost for the non A-10C beta purchasers? I remember reading somewhere It was going to be $50.

Someone guesstimated around the $50 but nothing officially announced.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

An Alpha test version of the NTTR map will be made available for free to those customers that purchased the A-10C beta. For those that did not take part in the A-10C beta, the NTTR map price and availability is TBD

You need to wait!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

This is not true. Unlike more recent modules, the A-10C shows as "DCS: A-10C Warthog (download version)" regardless of whether or not it was in beta when you purchased it.

Here is the press release for the DCS: A-10C official release: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/press_releases/TFC_ED_A-10C_Press_Release.pdf

any purchases prior to the date in that press release (February 21, 2011) were made during beta.

thx for correction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Be optimistic guys, and trust me, once you get your own hands on DCS World 2.0 and the Nevada map, you will see that all the time waiting has definetly been worth it, and it shows. It seriously looks amazing with all the bells and whistles. :thumbup:

Truth or dare?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Someone guesstimated around the $50 but nothing officially announced.

If map price is based on time and materials, then it should be less than a full aircraft module. I'm guessing it takes 1/3 of the time to make and implement a standard size map than it does to make a full DCS module (3-5 years). So I'd be betting more in the $25 price range. But really, who knows!

If map price is based on time and materials, then it should be less than a full aircraft module. I'm guessing it takes 1/3 of the time to make and implement a standard size map than it does to make a full DCS module (3-5 years). So I'd be betting more in the $25 price range. But really, who knows!

However they need a way to factor in DCS world 2.0/EDGE development costs, not just the map development cost.

Edited by Rangi
taint

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

$59.99

So the same as people who bought the A-10c when it was released ?

The people that bought the A-10c after the beta, do they also then get this all for free ?

From what i understood so far is that the entire update is for free to anyone, how ever after reading this :

An Alpha test version of the NTTR map will be made available for free to those customers that purchased the A-10C beta. For those that did not take part in the A-10C beta, the NTTR map price and availability is TBD

So people who bought the A-10C after the beta would somehow have to pay for the map that people who paid the same amount but during a beta get for free ?

So people who bought the A-10C after the beta would somehow have to pay for the map that people who paid the same amount but during a beta get for free ?

Exactly, because people who bought it during beta did so under the assumption that they would get Nevada for free. The same was not true for later purchasers.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team
That is a very bad move from them, unless the costs of the map would be very low.

Take a look at how pre-order bonuses work these days on big AAA games from big game companies. So no, I'm behind ED's decision on this one, since it was a promise to deliver the nevada map for free to those who pre-ordered the A-10C back in the day. :)

Yes exactly. Their business model is much much better than other big and greedy companies. DCS World is free and upcoming DCS World 2.0 will remain free. Who is giving free staff

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I am one of those people who paid the full $60 for the A-10c.... right after the beta ended! It is unfortunate, but it is what it is. That promise of a free map wasn't there for us when we purchased the A-10c so why are you expecting them to give you it? I'm annoyed at the prospect of spending more money of course, but having seen Glowing Amraam and Matts videos, it seems an easy decision to make. A lot of work has clearly gone into them and they will transform DCS: World no end.... I'm in.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
That is a very bad move from them, unless the costs of the map would be very low.

You obviously dont know what they are already giving away with the development of DCS 2.0, at some point they need to get paid for what they are doing, the maps look incredible, I am not worried about having to pay for them...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png