What is the status?

Snacko

OK. Thanks again. ;-)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Thanks for the suggestion. Think I'll wait for my beloved 47. :-)

I did find the newsletter signup page in the Personal Section and just signed up. So there is no way to see the past ones that I missed?

And is the only content released so far just some aircraft? Nothing else?

You should really check the "Official Updates" section:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You assume that they believed they can make a ton of money on WWII planes and theatres and that if they can the additional work was worth putting off other projects.

A giant failed Kickstarter would have been terrible from a publicity standpoint though.

I hope they do make money. ED going out of business would be bad for the flight sim community. What would you replace it with? So ya, I'm pretty grateful for them picking it up AND hope they make some decent scratch from the endeavor. It goes both ways...

The only thing I assume is they behave like a company, planning investments and returns and not like a non-profit organization. Just avoids attribute to me something I've never wrote, please.

The only thing I assume is they behave like a company, planning investments and returns and not like a non-profit organization. Just avoids attribute to me something I've never wrote, please.

Indeed... ED isn't a non-profit organization, and they likely would never have gotten anywhere if they were!

AFAIK, ED doesn't release any kind of sales figures or financial performance, but I would imagine that they saw enough interest here that it was obviously not only a good PR move to back the original WWII concept, but also profitable. I have nothing but PIDOMA estimates, here, but it's always seemed to me that the WWII sim market had a much larger potential than modern sims. The conflict is well understood by most everyone, the planes are approachable without dozens of hours of systems study, and for the MP fans the fights are visceral and all about stick and rudder skill.

I just wish they'd put more prioritization on period maps and assets. I know it's coming, but if people could buy WWII planes with a well-modeled mid-40's Europe to fly them over and build missions on, it would be easier to sell the planes in the first place.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers