A-10C Only-Voiceattack Profiles

Fakum

I was inspired to purchase "voiceattack" by this thread here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2250694#post2250694

I, and likely others, would be interested in sharing profiles, especially when it comes to Radio Comms. So if you have any, please share. I have only downloaded the software so far, I haven't installed, but will this weekend. Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

dwvac?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

No, VoiceAttack is a different app. It's a less capable rip-off of DWVAC. There actually seems to be a lot of people using it. They had probably never seen VAC and thought that VoiceAttack was the only product of it's kind.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Good idea to start this thread. I'm currently testing and finetuning a complete dynamic comms profile for A-10C. I'll upload here when testing is finished. I expect in about a week, stay tuned.

EDIT: all future VAICOM updates in separate thread here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139880

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

No, VoiceAttack is a different app. It's a less capable rip-off of DWVAC. There actually seems to be a lot of people using it. They had probably never seen VAC and thought that VoiceAttack was the only product of it's kind.

You got me there, never heard of DWVAC until you mentioned it.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Im wondering if I am overlooking the obvioise when it comes to the use of the radio. I am planning on still using the radio button on my hotas (AM,UHF,FM) but when the menu comes up, I expect I would still have to call out the Function Keys to process the communication, correct?

By the way, here are the commands I used for voiceattack for the "F" Keys, as you can incorporate more than just one "when you say" in the text field, this mitigates some of the voice recognition obstacles you may encounter if you only put one in.

F1;F 1;F One;F won;Ef1;Ef 1; Ef One; Ef Won

F2;F 2;F Two;F To;F Tew;Ef Two; Ef To;Ef Tew;EF2;Ef 2

F3;F 3;F Three;Ef Three; Ef3;Ef 3

F4;F 4;F Four;F For;EF4;Ef 4;Ef Four;Ef For

F5;F 5;F Five;EF5;EF 5;Ef Five;

F6;F 6;F Six;Ef Six;Ef6;Ef 6

F7;F 7;F Seven;Ef Seven;Ef7;Ef 7

F8;F 8;F Eight;F Ate;Ef Eight;Ef Ate;Ef8;Ef 8

F9;F 9;F Nine;Ef Nine;EF9;Ef 9

F10;F 10;F Ten;Ef Ten; Ef10;Ef 10

F11;F 11;F Eleven;Ef Eleven; Ef11;Ef 11

F12;F 12;F Twelve;Ef Twelve;Ef12;Ef 12

I'm using the mic keys to bring up the radio also.

I did the same thing using phonetics instead of spelling it right. For the F keys, I used "eff", as in eff one, eff two, etc. I'm getting 98% accuracy and have the confidence level set at 95%.

For RTB, I used "are tee bee", AWAC's is "A Whacks, JTAC is "Jay Tack", etc.

I only put the F (eff keys), in as a backup in case of flub ups or I need to go back, ie "eff eleven".

For the ATC, I have one command, "Tower", that sends the first F5 command, that pops up the list of closest towers, then have all separate commands for the next command. So if I want to land at the 3rd one in the list, say "three inbound", and it will send the appropriate F3 command.

Did the same thing with Tanker and JTAC, since sometimes there is more than 1 in a mission.

For the wingman commands I went with the full sentence, so if I say "Wingman are tee bee", it sends F1, F1, F2, or "Wingman engage air defenses", would be F1, F2, F4.

It's been working really well and I'm quickly becoming addicted to it and constantly expanding on it.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Again, if you're interested, Voice Attack is just a poorly executed rip off of Voice Activated Commands. VAC is much easier to use and integrates more seamlessly to the speech recognition libraries. I can even talk with my pipe in my teeth and it never misses a command. The profile builder allows an unlimited amount of inputs and outputs per command, and is much more organized.. so you could literally say 'Start Up' and have it perform your entire start up, with appropriate pauses between commands. I have a really old A-10 profile for VAC that I need to update, but my KA-50 profile is complete. Here's what it looks like:

attachment.php?attachmentid=104187&d=1416167228

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was trying to figure out the best approach to handling the comms, so that is a work in progress.

I am a bit confused here though, I may be mis interpreting what i am reading, so let me start out by stating that 1st of all,, I had no knowledge of "dwVAC" until AFTER i found out about "VoiceAttack" and purchased it.

Now it seems to me that zarthrag started out with VoiceAttack, then moved onto dwVAC, but found VoiceAttack more user friendly? Which opposes the thought of StrongHarm? Im just trying to get a handle on this, please correct me if im wrong I have no intention on derailing this thread and turning it into a debate over which one is best, input is appreciated but Id like to keep the course of discussing and sharing profiles. Thanks

Hi,

I'm using Voice Attack and I find it very user friendly and incredibly fun to use for radios etc. Never tried VAC but very happy using VoiceAttack. Here's my profile for the A10C. You have to rename the file with the .vap extension. Don't unzip, Is NOT a zip file! :thumbup:

Let me know and please share your profiles!

DCS A10 Dewolf-Profile.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I installed the VA demo a few days ago, and it works quite well.

Might try the other one as well if there is a demo.

EDIT: For the non-english speakers there is also one thing to keep in mind:

VA uses the voice recognition libraries for the language of your Windows OS.

That means that if you are German and want to start DCS with a voice command, don't type this:

"start DCS"

but something like this: "start Die Sie Es"

At least if you are (like me) using english phonetics for the abbreviation.

Works pretty nicely. I think most people that are using a voice command software actually don't know that, and that's why it doesn't understand them. It listens for the OS language.

Edited by Aginor

I didn't intend for my post to be a commercial.. I told you about VAC, Fakum, to prevent you from creating profiles in VoiceAttack and having to redo them in VAC later (as so many others have) when you find out it's a much more flexible product. I design BI interfaces in my day job, so I'm something of an expert on the subject and I like to help people out. Either way, any voice capability is a real asset in DCS so I'm glad you found it. Luck to you.

---------------- VAICOM release 1.0 beta (for Voice Attack users) ----------

I'm uploading VAICOM here as 1.0 beta. VAICOM is an advanced scripted profile for VoiceAttack which I developed and tested over the last few weeks. Once set up, VAICOM allows for a seamless and virtually menu-free approach on radio comms for DCS World A-10C, adding a great deal of depth and realism. It does away with step-by-step going through menu's and essentially gives A-10C pilots a new transparent way to communicate with AI.

Please read carefully the included User Guide for installation und usage instructions.

Appreciate your feedback in this thread.

EDIT: updates here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139880

Happy hunting!

VAICOM 1.0 beta.zip

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I didn't intend for my post to be a commercial.. I told you about VAC, Fakum, to prevent you from creating profiles in VoiceAttack and having to redo them in VAC later (as so many others have) when you find out it's a much more flexible product. I design BI interfaces in my day job, so I'm something of an expert on the subject and I like to help people out. Either way, any voice capability is a real asset in DCS so I'm glad you found it. Luck to you.

All Good! I am learning, feedback is all good. i did watch a YouTube video the other day for VAC, and one of the things that was shown (that I did not like) was that I could not implement a string of phonetics, much like I am currently able to do with VoiceAttack e.g.

"F1;F 1;F One;F won;Ef1;Ef 1; Ef One; Ef Won"

The video I watched showed that you had to create a new command for each phrase to accomplish the same command, that is not so user friendly. Of course, this could be all outdated information and that is no longer the case?

---------------- VAICOM release 1.0 beta (for Voice Attack users) ----------

I'm uploading VAICOM here as 1.0 beta. VAICOM is an advanced scripted profile for VoiceAttack which I developed and tested over the last few weeks. Once set up, VAICOM allows for a seamless and virtually menu-free approach on radio comms for DCS World A-10C, adding a great deal of depth and realism. It does away with step-by-step going through menu's and essentially gives A-10C pilots a new transparent way to communicate with AI.

Please read carefully the included User Guide for installation und usage instructions.

Appreciate your feedback in this thread.

Happy hunting!

Thanks Hollywood! I will read thru the file you uploaded as I am not really clear on what this is? If its a build ontop of VoiceAttack, basically enhancements to it, id be curious as to its support etc,,, I will take a gander at it in time,,,

That's actually a big asset Fakum. If you have different levels of command hierarchy, you can define the button press time and pause before next command time for each command in the string. It's the same thing only organized with more flexibility.

All Good! I am learning, feedback is all good. i did watch a YouTube video the other day for VAC, and one of the things that was shown (that I did not like) was that I could not implement a string of phonetics, much like I am currently able to do with VoiceAttack e.g.

The video I watched showed that you had to create a new command for each phrase to accomplish the same command, that is not so user friendly. Of course, this could be all outdated information and that is no longer the case?

Yeah, I did read thru the instructions,, I just haven't had time to implement,,, I am going to see if I can find time next weekend to give this a go,,, thanks

• 1 month later...

For those of you who are using Voice Attack and you haven't given VAICOM a try I urge you to do so. I've recently been flying the Mig 21 and it was pretty straight forward to get it working with the Mig 21. Its very immersive!! Will totally change your experience with the sim. Thanks again to Hollywood. I hope that you continue your excellent work with VAICOM. I think it would be a good idea to have a separate VAICOM thread in the Mods section so more people can find out about it. I just happened to stumble across it here.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

VAC has this feature, as well. Multiple "Activation Commands" can be defined for each profile action.

For those of you who are using Voice Attack and you haven't given VAICOM a try I urge you to do so. I've recently been flying the Mig 21 and it was pretty straight forward to get it working with the Mig 21. Its very immersive!! Will totally change your experience with the sim. Thanks again to Hollywood. I hope that you continue your excellent work with VAICOM. I think it would be a good idea to have a separate VAICOM thread in the Mods section so more people can find out about it. I just happened to stumble across it here.

I googled it and came up with nothing.

VAC does indeed allow strings, I use VAC myself w/ a universal profile for the radio menu. It's quite useful and handy.

Hmmmm, the Youtube tutorial I watched stated otherwise,, I will take your word for it as i do not have it,,,