DCS World 1.2.12 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED you can correct this error? When the anti-collision light is turned on. It cuts in the cockpit. And the outside view he is right. Just inside the cockpit que this happens. In all aircraft and all types of lights. It's like a limitation Placed on the cockpit. The light has to get out from under the aircraft. And not just in front. Looking marking in blue. She should have the Anti-collision light from under the aircraft.

1271558_762338280506937_2399529986479039989_o.jpg

10750017_762338317173600_2413357891215142936_o.jpg

1491371_762352307172201_4983714405539518034_o.jpg

10750289_762352303838868_1191714723619809918_o.jpg?efg=eyJvbGF0IjoxNjB9

1492549_762352263838872_6049042210375099450_o.jpg

10847681_762352353838863_3447525231560897355_o.jpg

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Not entirely sure but I'm going to say the Spitfire IX?

Yes, the Spitfire was tentatively slated for December, but we've only just got the Bf-109, which was initially gauged for October.

I guess by that logic we may see the Spitfire in February.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The actual dropdown menu to select custom textures seems to be hidden. I browsed the directory structure though, and found this readme:

--/N/ v.3 Nov 2014.

------ CUSTOMIZATION DISCLAIMER ---------

Leatherneck Simulations holds no responsibility for your customization, cockpit liveries errors, general MiG-21 loading errors or any other error or damage that might happen as a result of inappropriate DCS MiG-21BiS customization.

Customization of cockpit livery or other DCS: MiG-21BIS files is solely users responsibility.

-----------------------------------------

1. Folder default content

By default, this folder contains only

description.lua

file, which will enable default (original) cockpit livery to behave as a custom livery.

2. Enabling custom cockpit livery

To enable custom cockpit livery, you can either make one by copying and editing one of original Leatherneck's liveries (e.g. MiG-21BIS\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\english) or you can download already created livery from known and trusted DCS community sources (like Chinese or Finnish cockpit livery).

Your livery files along with description.lua should be placed in this folder.

Make sure you know what you are doing before attempting customization.

3. Credits

Idea for custom cockpit livery option by Xueqian Zhao (AKA uboats).

didn't anyone notice the switchable cockpit texture by drop-down menu for mig-21bis? Glad that LN has done this.

ED you can correct this error? When the anti-collision light is turned on. It cuts in the cockpit. And the outside view he is right. Just inside the cockpit que this happens. In all aircraft and all types of lights. It's like a limitation Placed on the cockpit. The light has to get out from under the aircraft. And not just in front. Looking marking in blue. She should have the Anti-collision light from under the aircraft.

This is actually a product of the way cockpits in DCS are drawn - it has been flagged for years, present since Lock On, and will take a major reworking of Cockpit rendering technique to fix. I personally hate it too.

Nate

This is actually a product of the way cockpits in DCS are drawn - it has been flagged for years, present since Lock On, and will take a major reworking of Cockpit rendering technique to fix. I personally hate it too.

Nate

This reshaping will take to arrive? Thanks! +1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The actual dropdown menu to select custom textures seems to be hidden. I browsed the directory structure though, and found this readme:

--/N/ v.3 Nov 2014.

------ CUSTOMIZATION DISCLAIMER ---------

Leatherneck Simulations holds no responsibility for your customization, cockpit liveries errors, general MiG-21 loading errors or any other error or damage that might happen as a result of inappropriate DCS MiG-21BiS customization.

Customization of cockpit livery or other DCS: MiG-21BIS files is solely users responsibility.

-----------------------------------------

1. Folder default content

By default, this folder contains only

description.lua

file, which will enable default (original) cockpit livery to behave as a custom livery.

2. Enabling custom cockpit livery

To enable custom cockpit livery, you can either make one by copying and editing one of original Leatherneck's liveries (e.g. MiG-21BIS\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\english) or you can download already created livery from known and trusted DCS community sources (like Chinese or Finnish cockpit livery).

Your livery files along with description.lua should be placed in this folder.

Make sure you know what you are doing before attempting customization.

3. Credits

Idea for custom cockpit livery option by Xueqian Zhao (AKA uboats).

I believe it is not hidden, actually, I looked at the script, the list is not there but just chechbox instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

New flares itself are looking really good. On the other hand, smoke trails they now produce is a big step backward IMO. It is no longer "shattered" for a lack of better world (like flare is no longer rotating in the air). Moreover smoke trail seems to dissipate too quickly.

flares_new.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My apology if I miss something mentioned before but I have one question. I think that I had latest DCS World update installed. When I saw that new update is announced, I run DCS World update for every case. Not beta.

Anyhow, I expected, nothing will happen since I didn't run DCS World Beta update, but the update download has started, and it is huge! It has about 3700 MB !?

What's going on? Did I miss something?

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

My apology if I miss something mentioned before but I have one question. I think that I had latest DCS World update installed. When I saw that new update is announced, I run DCS World update for every case. Not beta.

Anyhow, I expected, nothing will happen since I didn't run DCS World Beta update, but the update download has started, and it is huge! It has about 3700 MB !?

What's going on? Did I miss something?

Patch was released but official info is yet to be published.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Hm. It is really short beta period then. :)

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Newsletter will likely announce the 1.2.12 release and BF-109 Beta.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

nothing about 2.0?

I was refering to the lack of an announcement that 1.2.12 was releases on stable.

*I do not know the contents of the newletters.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Bummer the Su-27 trim hasn't been fixed yet. This plane is close to unflyable IMHO. Full trim nose down and I still have to push my stick forward even further to stay level. MS FFB2 with FFB activated, of course, every axis totally linear. Didn't test without FFB yet, but I highly suspect my problem is linked to the FFB trim mechanics somehow as I don't see others complain :D

That put aside (as well as the MiG-21 double trim), the changelog looks great, quite something happened, which is always good :)

G940 FFB doesn't have a problem with a trim. Nicely the trimming moves new center where wanted. Need to test it more tomorrow as didn't push it to limits at all.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.