Try the open Beta 1.2.12 for MI-8MTV2

Ventilators still don't work .... :noexpression:

j/k :D ... alone the now available manual makes the Hip feel like it's a completely new helo for me. Discovering stuff I haven't seen/noticed before, understanding stuff - even if it is russian tech (:smilewink:)

BST, continue on this way and you have won a fan back. :thumbup:

Where did you go Flagrum? ;)

Joking aside, the Mi8 is the best module in DCS at the moment. Or rather I should say the best module I own, I dont have the Mig21 and it also looks really cool. Something about how the helicopter handles and feels just feels right to me, its huge imposing size, power and even docility in handling is fantastic. No wonder the 8 is considered one of the best helicopters in the world.

I really, really, really hope that Belsimtek goes on and does the Hind after the Cobra, because even though I like the Huey fine and everything, it cant hold a candle to how beautifuly the Mi8 flies and handles, and we all know that the Hind is basically the Hip on steroids :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Has anybody got the sling load camera to work? I was able to pick up a load but not use the camera when I tried yesterday (I only spent a few minutes so it might have been my fault).

This is way better for sling loads than the Huey! Actually has power and stability.

The dust clouds are a welcome addition.

• ED Team
Has anyone to shut down the engines and then restart them? After the last update, AI-9V restart was not possible. Somehow the batteries didn't provide enought juice.

sorry, but battery in the stage of tune the model. Maybe in next update will be complete adjustment..

Has anybody got the sling load camera to work? I was able to pick up a load but not use the camera when I tried yesterday (I only spent a few minutes so it might have been my fault).

This is way better for sling loads than the Huey! Actually has power and stability.

The dust clouds are a welcome addition.

The cargo camera has been disabled and replaced by the cargo position indicator. See attached picture guide.

49398703_cargopositionindicator.thumb.png.a78fef089f6595c223b99f48d553d094.png

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

FYI, sling feature is still WIP. We have some interesting longer-term ideas for expanding this feature, but for now more immediate plans are to add adjustable cable length, properly model the external cargo support system inside the cargo cabin, including the open floor hatch, and hopefully add a cargo cabin camera view.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Where did you go Flagrum? ;)

Joking aside, the Mi8 is the best module in DCS at the moment. Or rather I should say the best module I own, I dont have the Mig21 and it also looks really cool. Something about how the helicopter handles and feels just feels right to me, its huge imposing size, power and even docility in handling is fantastic. No wonder the 8 is considered one of the best helicopters in the world.

I really, really, really hope that Belsimtek goes on and does the Hind after the Cobra, because even though I like the Huey fine and everything, it cant hold a candle to how beautifuly the Mi8 flies and handles, and we all know that the Hind is basically the Hip on steroids :)

I love flying with Mi-8 as it just handles like a dream, second only to KA-50. Huey is even today to me a unbalanced suicide box with rotors (but love it too!). Sadly haven't got much time to fly either as KA-50 has taken usually the time from helicopters.

Now Mig-21 is resting next to those in a "virtual hangar" and noticed after buying it that Soviet vehicles have the most amazing basic feeling and simplicity over technicality.

Like a Mig-21 and a KA-50, the Mi-8 screams about pure tool. Mount a rockets etc and it becomes so lovely!

Now I just hope I someday have possibility to transport troops, UAZ/BRDM or do some other tasks like rescue pilots from sea, work as rescue pilot for civilians, land personnel to submarines etc.

PS. I dis read a rumor that Mi-24 might come out before AH-1.... Those two are next day 1 bought decisions.

Mi-24P or VP would be so cool.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

with module release - yes!:)

FYI, sling feature is still WIP. We have some interesting longer-term ideas for expanding this feature, but for now more immediate plans are to add adjustable cable length, properly model the external cargo support system inside the cargo cabin, including the open floor hatch, and hopefully add a cargo cabin camera view.

That's great news. This beautiful helicopter deserves the love of having this detailed modelling. Of all the DCS modules I wouldn't be surprised if I had the most time spent in the Mi-8 by now. Keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A helicopter 'sim-lite' I miss from back in the day is Search & Rescue 3 and 4 (and that Vietnam rescue one too) Man, it'd be awesome to script using the winch to lift people and ambulance litters while holding a hover. One can dream.

Has anyone to shut down the engines and then restart them? After the last update, AI-9V restart was not possible. Somehow the batteries didn't provide enought juice.

I've been trying to figure that out myself, but at least you got an answer straight from the source. As an aside, the AI-9V ammeter works now :)

Mi-8 5.5V cocpit lights don't work for 1.2.12

There's a new 'dimmer switch' behind the co-pilot which is at the lowest setting by default. Dial that up to increase the brightness.

with module release - yes!smile.gif

:) I know it's more of an environmental thing (like the wipers), but I love to hear it's going to show up.

Edited by Strekaya

Brilliant update - I can't wait to get stuck in and try it :-)

Thanks Belsimtek!

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

That will be applicable to the UH-1H, EvilBivol?

Thank You very much for news! :thumbup:

We'll wait.

antonio.

Thank for update, that`s great news :]

We`re gonna really need something like cargo cam - so we could place cargo on the spot we choose :)

Excuse my English, please.