DCS: Mi-8MTV2 English Flight Manual

Wow I didn't think this would happen. I guess I should apologize for spreading bad words across the forum then. The dome lights and the APU amm-meter started working recently too. You're back to being the good guys in my book :) I've just bought the Sabre.

Thank you for positive responses. The delay situation was worrisome for the entire team as we fully appreciate the image problem this was creating, so it is very reassuring to see this reaction despite the difficult waiting period.

An updated version of the manual is being prepared now that will replace all of the images and have some additional editing/formatting improvements. This is going out shortly (days). There may be additional updates as we move forward, but a final version is not likely to be ready until the module itself goes final. I don't have a target date for this at the moment, but I would not recommend getting your expectations up for Christmas. Besides completing documentation and training, there are still features being developed/completed in code, so estimate further out, though hopefully not too long!

P.S. Sling feature is WIP.

Awesome guys! This is very much appreciated :)

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has this manual as a PDF file I could download for my iPad.

Sadly it dosnt like the download link and I'm currently away on holiday.

Fancy getting something to read while I'm visiting relatives.

:D

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 months later...
Thank you for positive responses. The delay situation was worrisome for the entire team as we fully appreciate the image problem this was creating, so it is very reassuring to see this reaction despite the difficult waiting period.

An updated version of the manual is being prepared now that will replace all of the images and have some additional editing/formatting improvements. This is going out shortly (days). There may be additional updates as we move forward, but a final version is not likely to be ready until the module itself goes final. I don't have a target date for this at the moment, but I would not recommend getting your expectations up for Christmas. Besides completing documentation and training, there are still features being developed/completed in code, so estimate further out, though hopefully not too long!

Any news on updated manual? It's been few days already...

• 5 months later...

Did the manual ever get updated?

Just curious as I'm starting to dip my toe back into the world of Mi-8.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 10 months later...

Well, they've never been exceptionally talkative in EN section of the forum, have they?

I wouldn't mind a little update on this subject, though!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
now in translation FINAL part of manual! I think we will ready after 2-3 weeks!

Bloody marvellous!

Thanks belsimtek, I am really looking forward to it!

Top notch work boys!:D

Door gunners are in there right?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.