Jump to content

GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT


HiWay

Recommended Posts

On 5/1/2021 at 6:37 AM, =Andre= said:

Alan,

5 of the 8 transducers... Hmm, that's a lot... I'm afraid it's time for upgrade. I think I could provide you with a better device now. If you'd like me to make a new one based on your old KW-908 unit, we could discuss it via email.

Thanks Andre.  I suppose if the only alternative is a new one, I might as well take the old one apart and look for broken wires and dead transducers. 

 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, YSIAD_RIP said:

@TWC_Alamo upgrade if you can..

The new JetPads are really nice! I just got mine a few weeks ago and the fabric and quality is fantastic.  Vibration is stronger than I expected too!

 

Good luck. 

 

Anyone know of a source of replacement transducers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

 

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

 

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Where do you download the gametrix control panel software? All the links I click on crash.

It probably depends on the Browser you are using:

For Chrome did you Try the following?

  • Right Click on  setup  >>  Select Save Link as...   >> Follow the prompts

JetSeat Control Panel and Massage App (English) setup;

| A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Supercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | Mi-8MTV2 | Yak-52 | >> Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - *Borrowed 5700XT* - X56 HOTAS - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - <<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Where do you download the gametrix control panel software? All the links I click on crash.

Here is one more link to try https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZazqt_Ko-7gaBWliv3b_lOanzRMw?e=1b6n1h

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

 

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I've had my jetseat for years and it's been amazing until I recently built a new pc.  After installing everything again I can't get it to load when when boot up DCS as it keeps crashing. I can quit the app and then manually load SSA.  It seems like DCS can't see SSA .exe anymore or something.  Any ideas?  Should there be a SSA folder in Saved Games?

 

Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

 

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi Andre

 

My Jetseat has stopped working recently. I cannot get any response when I plug in the USB and I've tried numerous times to update the firmware to see if that resolves it.

Using a voltmeter I have confirmed 12V is getting though to the board in the foam backing. 

 

Are there any other options to try?

 

In addition as the Jetseat has stopped working, I've picked up a Simshaker and looking to activate the sound module?

Can you confirm that you can do this online? Is the shop closed for software keys?

 

Thanks again.

 

Alan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 11:37 AM, =Andre= said:

Hi Alan,

Maybe the control unit has died. Maybe DIN-13 connector has got broken. Have you checked it?

The shop is open now.

 

 

Interestingly, my unit stopped working recently. And I just checked this, The top/bottom pin (pin13 I assume) was indeed bent/broken. I don't suppose there is a way to fix it is the din cable/control unit replaceable by itself? Or am I SOL and buying another whole unit. I assume this is what happens when you plug it in backwards...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

 

Interestingly, my unit stopped working recently. And I just checked this, The top/bottom pin (pin13 I assume) was indeed bent/broken. I don't suppose there is a way to fix it is the din cable/control unit replaceable by itself? Or am I SOL and buying another whole unit. I assume this is what happens when you plug it in backwards...

This is what happens if you you plug it in backwards upside down

Once disconnected never connect it by touch, you should clearly see that the triangle keys on both sides match. Otherwise, the connector may be damaged.

 

Please watch this video how to fix 

 

 

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

 

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, =Andre= said:

This is what happens if you you plug it in backwards upside down

Once disconnected never connect it by touch, you should clearly see that the triangle keys on both sides match. Otherwise, the connector may be damaged.

 

Please watch this video how to fix 

 

 

 

Awesome, thanks... and yeah I'm sure it was my fault for doing that. 

  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

This may have been covered before, but I couldn't find any info on it.  I thought I was the only one with this problem until I discussed it with some guys in a group I fly with and others had the same problem.  I noticed an occasional problem where the JetSeat Usb would disconnect and reconnect in rapid succession when it was trying to fire multiple vibration motors at the same time.  This was indicated by the USB disconnect reconnect noise in Windows and stuttering in DCS.  I also installed a USB logging program to confirm it was the JetSeat disconnecting/reconnecting.  I could reproduce with the cannon in the F-16 over 50%.  Reducing the overall vibration level (about 50%) or each individual item (below 45%) seemed to make this better.  That led me to the conclusion that the provided power supply may not be sufficient on US 110v power with the plug adapter.  It is a 500ma supply and has to have an adapter to US 110v.  I tried a 2A power supply I had laying around from a USB hub and now it works with the levels at 100% and no USB disconnect, reconnect noises or stutters.  A replacement 2A power supply can be purchased from Amazon for about $10 in the US.  The plug on mine is 5.5mm x 2.1mm.

Visit SimStix for HAT Switches, HAT Switch Caps and other products for the DIY sim control builder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 3:58 AM, 01G8R said:

This may have been covered before, but I couldn't find any info on it.  I thought I was the only one with this problem until I discussed it with some guys in a group I fly with and others had the same problem.  I noticed an occasional problem where the JetSeat Usb would disconnect and reconnect in rapid succession when it was trying to fire multiple vibration motors at the same time.  This was indicated by the USB disconnect reconnect noise in Windows and stuttering in DCS.  I also installed a USB logging program to confirm it was the JetSeat disconnecting/reconnecting.  I could reproduce with the cannon in the F-16 over 50%.  Reducing the overall vibration level (about 50%) or each individual item (below 45%) seemed to make this better.  That led me to the conclusion that the provided power supply may not be sufficient on US 110v power with the plug adapter.  It is a 500ma supply and has to have an adapter to US 110v.  I tried a 2A power supply I had laying around from a USB hub and now it works with the levels at 100% and no USB disconnect, reconnect noises or stutters.  A replacement 2A power supply can be purchased from Amazon for about $10 in the US.  The plug on mine is 5.5mm x 2.1mm.

I've had this same problem from day one and I always thought it was something I did or it was my PC so I guess I'll get one too and try out the A2 power supply, thanks for the tip! I've been scratching my head bloody and raging when the seat disconnects mid flight/race and does this "br br br br br brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" just like you said when it disconnects and reconnects rapidly. I was just going to send an email to Andre but I hope this will fix this infuriating problem.

sigh.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MasaMan said:

I've had this same problem from day one and I always thought it was something I did or it was my PC so I guess I'll get one too and try out the A2 power supply, thanks for the tip! I've been scratching my head bloody and raging when the seat disconnects mid flight/race and does this "br br br br br brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" just like you said when it disconnects and reconnects rapidly. I was just going to send an email to Andre but I hope this will fix this infuriating problem.

 

 

I hope it works for you.  This is the power supply I purchased that is working well.

 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2E5IXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Visit SimStix for HAT Switches, HAT Switch Caps and other products for the DIY sim control builder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Andre


I've been using a JetPad seat for less than a year and 4 motors just died. 

at first one of them made a strange squeaking sound just before it stopped vibrating.

 that's very disappointing because I love it.. what can we do?

 

Hope you can help

I've also PM'd you just in case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ZedTank said:

Hello Andre


I've been using a JetPad seat for less than a year and 4 motors just died. 

at first one of them made a strange squeaking sound just before it stopped vibrating.

 that's very disappointing because I love it.. what can we do?

 

Hope you can help

I've also PM'd you just in case

Hello ZedTank,

Please don't worry. We will fix it free of charge, under the warranty.

I will provide you with more details by email.

 

Kind regards,

Andre

  • Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

 

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hello ZedTank,

Please don't worry. We will fix it free of charge, under the warranty.

I will provide you with more details by email.

 

Kind regards,

Andre

Thank you for your quick response 

Your reputation for good service preceds you, I'm sure we'll work it out. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...