GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

1 hour ago, Dadnar said:

The last in update from EMS is on December 10, 2020 stating that it was released from customs in Russia.  Is that normal for their to be no updates for 6 weeks? 

A kind of normal. We had to wait longer, sometimes.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all! Yesterday I received my SimShaker JetPad and It's great! Although I'm afraid Inreceived a somewhat defective unit... It seems that one of motors (marked as #1 in the GameTtix utility) is dead: it's not moving in the test utility, nor in SimShaker for Aviators or DCS. Altlready tried to reupload the firmware and checked that all the pins are perfectly fine... Does someone have some tip? Please tell me I don't have to ship it back... 😩

EDIT: My mistake, it's not Motor #1 but Zone #1, so both motors of the left lower side. Other motors are fine. 

EDIT2: Ok, I opened the pad in order to obtain more informations with the multimeter. Here's what I gathered:

1- When testing zone 1 to test with the Gametrix utility, there's 0 volts between the pins at the M2 socket (the one wired to the zone 1). I tested other zones and they showed ~8V when testing that zone

2- There is continuity between the M2 socket pins and the motors

3- I also tested the power source, and it's outputting a stable 12.17V

So, my very limited knowledge of electronics tells me that the problem is either in the firmware (but as I said, I already tried a restore), in the board itself or in some of the wirings coming from the cables. The wirings from the board (M2 socket) to both motors seems ok.

Edited by =36=Witcher

Ok, thanks to Andre's support it seems I could fix my issue. Apparently there was a bit of a weak contact between the 13 pin connector and the remote. I disassembled the remote in order to check voltages, and when I reassembled it Zone 1 came back alive. Let's hope it holds!

• Thanks 1

First of all let me say this thing is wonderful, the immersion factor is indeed increased and the build quality and software support is just plug & play. Great!!

BUT... there is a but:

It's TOO POWERFUL!!!

I tried tuning down the vibration intensity via the wheel on the physical controller and via control panel, but with all effects set to 50 in simshaker for aviators, the minimum vibration intensity is still too high.

It's like the "main volume" vibration intensity setting is being ignored.

Sorry but I couldn't find the answer elsewhere, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

By default the control dial at Gametrix controller is disabled for USB mode, you can enable it via Gametrix Control Panel software.

Until the dial is enabled you can change the vibration strength by moving the USB slider and pressing "Apply" in the Gametrix Control Panel.

(If no luck, please try to use the Russian version of the Gametrix Control Panel to enable/disable the dial.)

It's like the "main volume" vibration intensity setting is being ignored.

If you mean Vibration Level slider in the Seat Handler, it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it ever worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 ora fa, =Andre= ha scritto:

By default the control dial at Gametrix controller is disabled for USB mode, you can enable it via Gametrix Control Panel software.

Until the dial is enabled you can change the vibration strength by moving the USB slider and pressing "Apply" in the Gametrix Control Panel.

(If no luck, please try to use the Russian version of the Gametrix Control Panel to enable/disable the dial.)

If you mean Vibration Level slider in the Seat Handler, it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it ever worked.

Uhm... as I said I'm a new customer, but I'm quite confused here. What is it exactly that never worked? The slider in the Gametrix application or the rotatory know on the JetPad remote? And, speaking of this, how is it supposed to work exactly?

4 ore fa, =Andre= ha scritto:

Ok I already tried enabling the control dial, but it didn't work. I'll try with the control panel slider or the russian version, thanks

5 minuti fa, OttoPus ha scritto:

Ok I already tried enabling the control dial, but it didn't work. I'll try with the control panel slider or the russian version, thanks

I'm interested in this too, but cannot try right now because of a data migration in my PC. Please let us know if you manage to use the dial!

48 minutes ago, OttoPus said:

The control panel slide works, but I think that these motors are not capable of "light and subtle" vibrations (at higher frequency but with less amplitude) but only low rumble power ones.

And you get used to it. in the first week I thought the same and reduced the level. Later I increased it again. Secondly you can adjust the individual events that trigger them. I reduced the engine from 50 to 35.

• Thanks 1

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

10 ore fa, DutchCoolHand ha scritto:

And you get used to it. in the first week I thought the same and reduced the level. Later I increased it again. Secondly you can adjust the individual events that trigger them. I reduced the engine from 50 to 35.

Yes I know but it's not only a matter of amplitude, it's really a mismatch between the sim events (engine RPM, just as an example) and the vibrations frequency.

Well I saw there is an "uwp" editor, maybe something can be done with that.

11 minutes ago, OttoPus said:

Yes I know but it's not only a matter of amplitude, it's really a mismatch between the sim events (engine RPM, just as an example) and the vibrations frequency.

Well I saw there is an "uwp" editor, maybe something can be done with that.

The vibrations frequency is mostly out of our control. I don't think we could really match engine RPM and the vibrating motors RPM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So.

Jet seat has developed a problem. One of the "motors" has developed a whining noise when running. Any way to fix or troubleshoot this or am I SOL. I can manage to get it to stop for a few seconds by squeezing it/area around it but only for a few seconds. 

Also, secondary issue, I always get crashes and fails when flying the F14A, (B is fine, every other jet is fine). 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 2/7/2021 at 10:01 AM, Harlikwin said:

So.

Jet seat has developed a problem. One of the "motors" has developed a whining noise when running. Any way to fix or troubleshoot this or am I SOL. I can manage to get it to stop for a few seconds by squeezing it/area around it but only for a few seconds. 

Mine started doing the same. one of the motors, on the right side, second one down, squeaks.  sometimes it just is a few squeak squeak squeaks, and it goes away.  other times it is fine, but then suddenly it is just squeaaaaaaaaaaaaaals constantly and i have to unplug the seat.  nothing looks physically wrong with the motor, but i haven't tried popping open the plastic holder or anything yet.

1 hour ago, gardnerjr said:

Mine started doing the same. one of the motors, on the right side, second one down, squeaks.  sometimes it just is a few squeak squeak squeaks, and it goes away.  other times it is fine, but then suddenly it is just squeaaaaaaaaaaaaaals constantly and i have to unplug the seat.  nothing looks physically wrong with the motor, but i haven't tried popping open the plastic holder or anything yet.

I believe we discussed that more than once above, here is the video how to lubricate the JetSeat motors 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

After reading these threads and the YouTube reviews:

I don't want THIS, I really NEED this! 

• Import and duty Fees to Canada will be as high as $95. Yikes 
  • Hope l can find a way to tell my wife it is just a massage pad for the Herman Miller Aeron Office chair. Lol
  • Has anyone ever put a sheepskin pad on top for that F-16 look? 

I think Andre is back from what looks like a working vacation by the weekend. I hope he is in a good mood and received lots of sales to what looks like an excellent product. 

Cheers. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

7 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hope l can find a way to tell my wife it is just a massage pad

Simple strategy for you: Complain about your back and ask your wife every evening to give you a shoulder / back massage with oil etc.

and I assure you, after a week or so, she will gladly approve your investment for this JetSeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1