GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Ive been using the JetSeat and SimShaker for Aviators (USB) for approximately 6 months with Rift VR.

I had some initial difficulty setting up - the customer service was rapid and effective. Thanks Andre.

Yesterday - I inadvertently shut down the SSA app and went "flying" in the gazelle. the experience felt detached and sterile - I then realised the Jetseat wasn't on!

The tactile sensations it provides - adds a significant layer of realism.

As a RL rated helicopter pilot - I am familiar with the vibrations which are a significant phenomenon i.e. through ETL etc.

I don't enjoy flying DCS without it - particularly with helicopters.

I can't recommend this highly enough.

Cheers

• Like 1

The more I use it the more I miss it if I fly without it. I don't start the SimShaker software until I am ready to fly. But it becomes immediately apparent if I have forgotten to do so. I immediately quit back to the desktop and get it running.

I would very much like it if the software had native support for Aces High 3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

which is the best one an why? Livesence or turbojet.

Im getting one for Christmas, flights sims, fps and racing sims in future.

Please read about it here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/faq.html

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre,

I am really enjoying my Jetseat, especially with the DCS Huey! It's a great addition to my simulation and the perfect companion to VR. I've tried it with DCS and X-Plane and it's great.

Will SSA / Wings support Aerofly FS2?

Thanks

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre,

I am really enjoying my Jetseat, especially with the DCS Huey! It's a great addition to my simulation and the perfect companion to VR. I've tried it with DCS and X-Plane and it's great.

Will SSA / Wings support Aerofly FS2?

Thanks

Yes, beta version of Wings already supports Aerofly FS2.

Please read my post here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/2017/11/simshaker-wings-beta-v110-with-aerofly.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre, is this one still for sale? I absolutely need this version because I am only seeking this seat type for my ejection seat I'm building.

Gametrix JetSeat SE (flight Sim Edition mod)

https://andres.shop/jetseat/24-jetseat-sim-edition.html

Yes, for sale, why not.

It seems I've recently answered this question. Please check your spam email folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, for sale, why not.

It seems I've recently answered this question. Please check your spam email folder.

When browsing your store site it doesn't come up along with other products. Only found it because it came up by chance in a google search. Makes it appear to be a link to a product no longer for sale if you catch my drift.

Hi Andre,

My jet seat seems to have died.

I left it switched on during a two week holiday and after getting back I flew in DCS and everything worked. A day later my jet seat was dead. There is no light on the small controller when I switch on and there is no glorious vibration. The standard power supply measures a 12.3 Vdc output so this seems ok… but as it is a switched mode power supply there is a possibility it is chasing the voltage at the expense of current. I have ordered a much beefier supply to replace it..... just in case.

Inside the controller box, the fuse is good but there were some badly crimped connectors that allowed the wires to pull free from both the motor connections and the power supply input connectors. Once I corrected these wires they proved not to be my initial problem.

I will next check the power cable for continuity between the external 5mm x 20mm power supply connector and the connector at the controller’s fuse.

After that I would like to check for voltages within the controller box, but where can I reference a ground (neutral point) within the controller?

I should note that I have not spent much time working out how the rotary (vibration intensity pot) disengages to allow the controller board to be completely removed from the front casing.

I should also note that the left leg motor died 2-3 months ago so it is possible that this is a cable problem.

No flight time here Andre…. I just cannot fly without my vibration!

Help needed desperately!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hey Andre, I will have to check my emails but I think 03/2016 was around the point of purchase, so it may be out of warranty if a 1 year warranty applies.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

What email address do you use when you send purchase confirmations.... Hehe... uhmmmm.

PM sent

Got it, thank you.

The warranty expired in May 2017.

Well, let's try to reload software as described here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/jetseat-firmware-reload-procedure.html

and try to give the silent motor number of good punches by a palm. Sometimes the motors just temporarily got stuck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is not software I am sure. The light is off on the main controller for the jet seat.... no one is home.... it is dead.

This fault lies in the real world.

The brain is dead.

I need to find at which component part the system is dead.

I believe the powered light to the controller comes on regardless of connection to the USB. Therefore it gets power from the mains supply.

Are these assumptions correct?

or Andre, have you had a dead light on the controller due to software problems?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

Oh and I suppose I should ask; Do you sell component parts?

Ok, I will try this.

I am amazed that the software can really kill the light on the controller, but alas it would not surprise me that every thing physical has been exposed to a digital hacker.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the replies. I did a quick continuity check of the cables and all was good.

I then reloaded the firmware as you suggested and it now works perfectly (except the left leg motor, Left butt motor is good).

I really should have saved myself a lot of time and just contacted you and done as I was told!

Thanks Andre, excellent advice.

I am back in vibration heaven.

Also thanks f4I0 for the recommendation, I have a beefier 12V supply inbound for future use.

Edited by Rogue Trooper