Before purchase

Ty89m

Hello,

so just how realistic is the Huey? Reading threads it looks like there's still some issues (collective buggy) that have yet to be resolved, and it sounds as though updates are slow to arrive. Are the developers even supporting this module any longer? Can we expect more updates?

Basically I'm looking for the most realistic heli sim I can find at the moment (at the consumer level, not necessarily commercial level sims) and hoping this will fit the bill.

Also, I assume these modules will work just fine in the new DCS 2.0? That was always my complaints with DCS A-10/P-51, the visuals for terrain and environment aren't up to the levels obtainable in other flight sims, but judging from screen shots of 2.0, that will no longer be an issue.

So in closing, at this point is most everything simulated fairly well? Are we expecting to see any improvements? Would you buy the module over again knowing what you know how?

Thanks and much appreciated.

Ty

Go for Huey and Mi-8. There's no better realistic sim out there.

Check Ka-50 by the way.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Unfortunately there are some issues with the DCS Huey.

BUT!!! There is nothing comparable. This Huey sim is the closest thing to a real Huey you can buy for that "little" money.

I really really hope Belsimtek´s firstborn(for DCS) gets some love with EDGE.

It is the best UH-1H sim to date.

Fox

edit: Check Steam

Edited by iFoxRomeo
Steam sale
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Think I'll give it a go with the hopes that they come through on the added features (engine managment etc)

Think it'll still be enjoyable in the mean time. Do we know if these modules will work with DCS 2.0 or will they require updating?

They will work with v2.0

Don't worry. When DCS 2 is released, these modules will be compatible with new version.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I went ahead and bought the Huey with the understanding that the devs DO intend to finish what they started. If I'm being honest Id say Im not terribly optimistic that it will be completed, as they have several other beta projects on the table and the Huey's been out for quite some time. Hope I'm wrong.

I haven't had time to setup my Warthog HOTAS yet, so haven't actually gotten airborne, but - even though damage isn't modeled, can we still fly "by the book" or do the engine instruments stay mostly static? I can look past the damage if the gauges perform correctly (EGT etc)

Seems between this and the Dodosim for FSX, that these are the two best sims for the home user! If only we could get some of those Dodosim features into the Huey and we'd be in business :)

Thanks for everyone's input, and here's hoping they continue developing the UH-1 and release updates in a reasonably timely manner.

if you want to fly with huey virtually, there is no better option for home simmers.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Agree so far, flight dynamics seem great and the model is very well done. Any photoscenery or some nice textures for DCS World? That's the one thing I miss vs a decked out FSX, wonderful ground textures and photoscenery.

not until EDGE 2.0 is released. Sometime 'soon' there's a whole thread on it. Search for "DCS EDGE"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Would you buy the module over again knowing what you know now?

Absolutely.

The most glaring omission IMO is the missing engine heat damage model, but that notwithstanding I still think it's the best chopper sim ever. The FM is unsurpassed and the systems modelling, apart from maybe a small niggle here and there, is just outstanding.

There have been questions about BST's willingness and/or ability to deliver a finished product in the end, but for my part I still believe they'll pull it off eventually. It's just that some nuts are tougher to crack than others...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131964

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I find it hard to understand why the collective sensitivity issue is so hard to quickly patch ?? For me that makes it super hard to learn how to fly "properly" being a relative newbie with a "more realistic" Heli Sim.....:joystick:

I fly the Huey exclusively. I have struggled with the collective hypersensitivity from day one. Made controlled hovering a nightmare. I had been using the Flight Link collective. I recently ordered a Komodosim Huey collective. Won't arrive for another month or so. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will perform. In the mean time, I've rigged up a Saitek Throttle Quadrant to function as a collective (and throttle). It works beautifully.

Titrating the collective for subtle controlled changes in altitude is a joy.

If I could get past the way it "looks" I would keep it.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I fly the Huey exclusively. I have struggled with the collective hypersensitivity from day one. Made controlled hovering a nightmare. I had been using the Flight Link collective. I recently ordered a Komodosim Huey collective. Won't arrive for another month or so. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will perform. In the mean time, I've rigged up a Saitek Throttle Quadrant to function as a collective (and throttle). It works beautifully.

Titrating the collective for subtle controlled changes in altitude is a joy.

If I could get past the way it "looks" I would keep it.

I'm not following either of you about the "collective sensitivity issue" I'm using a TM warthog without any curves and it handles just fine... :huh:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

I'm not following either of you about the "collective sensitivity issue" I'm using a TM warthog without any curves and it handles just fine... :huh:

THAT'S the point. The collective sensitivity that some have griped about is not a DCS Huey issue. It's a sim equipment problem.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Well that is strange indeed, I have tried my Saitek Throttle Quadrant ? PZ45 ? my Warthog Throttle Quadrant, my MSFF2 Throttle Thumb Wheel, and also my Logitech G940 Throttle Quadrant, I would say I have given it a fair run with various equipment :music_whistling::thumbup:

With, without curves, the collective is always right on a knife edge, all or nothing with a very tiny marginal middle ground, all IMHO, so in other words the problem is ours and it won't be fixed then ?? Nice

Well that is strange indeed, I have tried my Saitek Throttle Quadrant ? PZ45 ? my Warthog Throttle Quadrant, my MSFF2 Throttle Thumb Wheel, and also my Logitech G940 Throttle Quadrant, I would say I have given it a fair run with various equipment :music_whistling::thumbup:

With, without curves, the collective is always right on a knife edge, all or nothing with a very tiny marginal middle ground, all IMHO, so in other words the problem is ours and it won't be fixed then ?? Nice

Yah Phantom_Mark that aint good. My situation doesn't sound quite as bad as what youre dealin with but I know how maddening it can be. Have updates made a difference? Reinstall?

JUST CHOPPERS

I think there may be a problem with the meat servos in your helicopters. ;)

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals