Aerobatics with Su27

Rikus

Hi guys, in the old Flanker, i used to fly formation in a Su27 with 20% of fuel and 1 pod of smoke. The speed at 80% was around 550 IAS

Now, with the actual Su27 and 50% of fuel and 1 smoke pod, level flight at 80% rpm, the speed is 930 IAS

What should we do to fly aerobatics? add more fuel?

Also i noticed that the airbrake deploy very slow.

Cheers

More fuel will not change anything, The Su-27 currently will takeoff easily and cruise around 660 IAS @ 4000m at 80% even with full fuel and ECM pods. It must not be mentioned that this is not the only problem with current beta FM for Auerobatis...the other one is the sudden and hard to recover negative AoA departure.

Edited by Beagle One

The real Russian Knights and many other real jet teams fly formation aerobatics with maneuver entry and cruise speeds between 700 and 900 km/h. I have doubts though about the enormous thrust you get at 80% in the simulator. It makes the usage of the airbrake required to fly formation at slower speeds. Anyway forget about the slow maneuvering speeds we used to fly in FC2, they are not realistic and just required because of the extreme sensitivity the jets had at 650km/h and above. Oh and, throw the jet full of fuel, it will fly fine. :thumbup:

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

After last patch that as you know add this:

Su-27. Flight dynamics corrected

Su-27. 3D model corrected

Su-27. Gear corrected

Su-27. Adjusted keyboard controls

Su-27. HUD indication field is corrected

Su-27. Updated campaign

Su-27. Wrong IAS indication is fixed

With 50% of fuel, at 80% rpm the flanker flyes at 850 IAS

• 1 month later...

The AB should be full open in 4 seconds. That's the speed I could see in all the Vids. The open speed is much faster than the close speed in RL (more or less double the time to close the air break). :pilotfly:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.