wheel brakes?

i dont seem to have left/right wheel brake mappings available like i received with the f15c update... is this pending?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

The Su-27's brakes work with a lever on the stick, you control differential braking with the rudder pedals.

This is not true and I wish people would stop spouting it off.

Watch this video, skip to 54:32 if you must. The Su27 has standard toe brakes, and NOT a brake lever.

Edited by Lawlcat

Isn't it the opposite you are talking about? First with the lever on the stick, then they changed to pedal braking, which was not accepted by the pilots so they changed it back to the old braking methog (lever on the stick). Or i dont understand... As i know they RuAF never used the pedal braking on the Su-27S and MiG-29s, only for testing purpose at the Test Pilots school used it in that way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't it the opposite you are talking about? First with the lever on the stick, then they changed to pedal braking, which was not accepted by the pilots so they changed it back to the old braking methog (lever on the stick). Or i dont understand... As i know they RuAF never used the pedal braking on the Su-27S and MiG-29s, only for testing purpose at the Test Pilots school used it in that way.

In the video, they describe that the pilots initially hated the toe brakes and wanted lever brakes, but the designer was told to "keep it how it is" because what they made was better.

Herewith excerpt of a Marine test-pilot's commentary after a ride in a UB:

Marine test pilot checks out an old adversary

.....Having also flown the MiG-15, -21 and -29, I immediately noticed that the Su-27’s cockpit displayed a generational leap in human factors and an abidance with industry convention. Gone was the single hand-brake lever on the control stick for normal braking in favour of individual toe brakes.......

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If I remember correctly the Su27SK manual, there are toe brakes for normal braking, a lever on the left for emergency, and start brake lever on stick (it is supposed to command higher pressure for main brakes while engines are spooling up before takeoff roll).

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

• 6 years later...

Feel free to delete, my bad. This is fixed in 2021.

wheel_break.png

Edited by Xupicor
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)