Su-27 engine&drag flying formation

Frazer

Respect for you ED guys, after creating a PFM, having to defend it is real all the time :D :thumbup:

They should be used to it by now, the same thing has been going on since BS1.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

"Thumper" posted this in the other thread discussing essentially the same subject.

You can hear the pilot during taxiing using the same technique you now have to use with the Su-27 - increase RPM till it starts to bolt, decrease RPM and coast, after slowing down a bit increase RPM till it starts to bolt, decrease RPM and coast.

Turning onto another taxiway - he increases RPM and rides the brake through the corner, lets it bolt, decreases RPM as coasts

That's not the point!

I can't see this "break unlock behavior" (nose dive till break unlocks) from our Su27 or a sudden "magical" break if the throttle was pulled down. The Plane glides all the time very smooth.

The Su27 has a "magic" break stop if your throttle is under 72% RPM. There is no slowing slightly down.

If you under 72% RPM, the Su27 breaks on her own even in the air. No slightly speed lost like in RL.

If you stay above 72% you can hold the break and the plane still try to accelerates. @ 72% RPM I can't really break the plane to zero. Under 72% RPM I don't need to break because there is an "autobreak". Now I MUST go above 79% RPM to not break to zero and you can clearly see this "nose down" agian like there is an active braking. If I only pull the Throttle to 72% or 75% again, the plane still breaks to zero very fast.

If the plane stays (zero RPM) and you raise the throttle to 80% the whole plane make this "break till unlock nose dive". It's like the breaks are locked and then suddenly unlock.

And if you are under 72% there is this lock again. If you now move the throttle again to 80% the plane goes forward like a wild horse with this "nose down break unlock showing" (like a F14 Tomcat carrier start).

I have seen so much videos but not one aircraft, even the RL Su27, has shown such an behavior.

It's not the throttle pulling and all this noises, it's all about this magic breaking in air and on ground!

If you all are right, why is there this "nose down/front wheel dampers down thing" IF there is no power, which could pull this plane forward?

The front wheel dampers going down because.... no force = dampers must act? Physic = magic?

That there is some frictional resistance and more at ground then in the air, I do know, but not one Video was showing this behavior that our Su27 is showing.

Please post a Trk File where you guys show how to drive this plane like in RL on the runway.

If I can see you can handle this without breaking and 80% Throttle pushes alle the time, you drive it like in RL, I will never ever say there must be a bug!

Edited by Nedum

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

The Su27 has a "magic" break stop if your throttle is under 72% RPM. There is no slowing slightly down.

If you under 72% RPM, the Su27 breaks on her own even in the air. No slightly speed lost like in RL.

In-SIM it takes 35-odd seconds to coast to a full-stop at idle whilst taxiing to RW (see end of vid as plane comes out of turn - engines at idle and 35 secs to coast to stop). I'd call that slight speed lost any time of the day, just as in RL.

Please post a Trk File where you guys show how to drive this plane like in RL on the runway.

If I can see you can handle this without breaking and 80% Throttle pushes alle the time, you drive it like in RL...

See vid - no braking and yes, it is necessary to increase throttle every so often as per the RL vid. How else does one overcome the inertia (farting won't help) of a 23-ton Jet?

NHUazR8EQ3o

In vid I taxi at approx 40km/h. Could have motored about at 30km/h utilizing same principles but vid would have been longer, hence the 40km/h standard.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

@159th_Viper

Sorry but it's looks not nearly as one of this many Vids.

You can clearly see all the time this extrem acceleration after you have throttle down (pumping). There is no need for breaking after your 80% RPM pushes?

My driving looks like yours but as I said before, looks nothing near the real Su27 and feels also not right! Looks and feels very unnatural!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Sorry but it's looks not nearly as one of this many Vids.

There is no extreme acceleration as I maintain a constant speed, give or take a couple of km/h either way. If it does not look like the real thing then by all means speak up, be more specific and tell me what is different: I'm not interested in guessing.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Where taxiing was concerned, I found it more necessary than ever to anticipate the aircraft. After nudging the throttles forward, if I waited for the accelerative effect before pulling back again, I'd "jolt" forward which is about what you'd expect. That's a lot of thrust potential back there and you're going to certainly notice it, if you wait for its full effect to kick in before reacting.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I have no problem with taxiing or landing.

The constant trim break me.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

If I can see you can handle this without breaking and 80% Throttle pushes alle the time, you drive it like in RL, I will never ever say there must be a bug!

Trying to use the first minute of this video for comparison

Keeping in mind I do not know the version of the SU-27 , ambient temp nor other weather conditions on this video, Additionally, I tried to see the fuel load and RPM but could not see them with certainty. So I used 23K kg average take of weight, no gun ammo, nor weapons.

What do you guys think?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That's not the point!

I can't see this "break unlock behavior" (nose dive till break unlocks) from our Su27 or a sudden "magical" break if the throttle was pulled down. The Plane glides all the time very smooth.

If you stay above 72% you can hold the break and the plane still try to accelerates. @ 72% RPM I can't really break the plane to zero. Under 72% RPM I don't need to break because there is an "autobreak". Now I MUST go above 79% RPM to not break to zero and you can clearly see this "nose down" agian like there is an active braking. If I only pull the Throttle to 72% or 75% again, the plane still breaks to zero very fast.

If the plane stays (zero RPM) and you raise the throttle to 80% the whole plane make this "break till unlock nose dive". It's like the breaks are locked and then suddenly unlock.

And if you are under 72% there is this lock again. If you now move the throttle again to 80% the plane goes forward like a wild horse with this "nose down break unlock showing" (like a F14 Tomcat carrier start).

I have seen so much videos but not one aircraft, even the RL Su27, has shown such an behavior.

It's not the throttle pulling and all this noises, it's all about this magic breaking in air and on ground!

If you all are right, why is there this "nose down/front wheel dampers down thing" IF there is no power, which could pull this plane forward?

The front wheel dampers going down because.... no force = dampers must act? Physic = magic?

That there is some frictional resistance and more at ground then in the air, I do know, but not one Video was showing this behavior that our Su27 is showing.

The exhaust nozzles are centered roughly 2m above ground when the plane is parked or taxiing. So if the engines are on, the thrust is applying a moment to the airframe, and if the thrust changes rapidly (as when the nozzles open or close) it's entirely possible that this moment is large enough to produce a visible change in the compression of the nose gear's suspension.

That's just the expected physics, nothing special required. Not even especially difficult physics either, Newtonian laws and a bit of calculus would get you a fairly decent model.

As far as breaking free, it really depend on what the static versus dynamic friction values are supposed to be interacting with how fast thrust changes when the nozzle position changes.

It may just require the sort of anticipation in throttle operation that is needed when you're trying to free a Su-25T that's stuck off road or in snow in DCS.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

They takeoff without AB. Ill try that.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals