Mustang's land textures zip file package

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unoficial mods are not supported by DCS so its exclusively the responsability of the user about any undesired problem or shortcoming when using this mods.

In this case because changes in 1.5.7 Mustang's terrain mod is not passing the integrity check, so its only the end user who must decide to use it or not.

Is not DCS fault and of course not Mustang fault.

Like i've said, live with It and enjoy It or uninstall.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Guys please re-download the package on the first page, as mentioned a few posts above it has been updated to support 1.5.7.

This is completely silly. WTF ?

Apparently some people were using the open nature of the terrain textures to 'cheat' although i have seen ZERO evidence of this.

Downloading...

Mustang, you are the best :pilotfly:

Thank you for update :thumbup:

Edited by EL_LEJI

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Oh goooood mediafire is using suuuch a slow connection... can you put it on dropbox pls?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Weird for me it's low as 5 MBit/s or so. Hm.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Oh goooood mediafire is using suuuch a slow connection... can you put it on dropbox pls?

Sorry no can do, Dropbox got all pissy with me since I maxed the download limits of the free account i have with them, they want me to pay up to continue using their service and i cannot afford it.

How are you circumventing the IC? Are you doing it in some kind of legitimate way, that other texture modders can also use, or is it an oversight by ED that you are making use of?

Guess what I'm asking is if they won't just nuke it in the next patch, and if texture mods are gone for good in MP.

Fixed my issues that I was having. Mind me asking what needed to be changed?

All that was done was make sure the files were extracted to folders instead of overwriting the zips.

Now that this is revealed i bet ED will close this hole up, you guys ask too many questions....

Mediafire performance seems to be region-dependent. For me it's always been ~20 minutes of downloading for every Mustang's pack. Not bad, at least it's not errr.... dropping connection in the middle, like dropbox liked to do :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

After downloading the updated files, my Integrity Check still fails. Also, the Ka-50's Shkval and ABRIS are messed up :(

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Mustang,

sad to report that after following the installation instructions for 12th July terrain DCS 1.5.7 still comes up with "tainted" only unmodified game allowed when connecting to a IC restricted MP server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Hi,

After a long moment I've can download your complet Mod and I would like to know if it's normal to have no folders zip into the path:

104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (23rd June)\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures ?

After to have unzip your Mod into vfstextures's folder there's no zip but just these simple folders, is it normal ?

I join you one screenshot:

ea2466d999189b813fa3db5b446c92681.jpg

EDIT:

I don't know if for you use MediaFire and it's always slow but I've using "Internet Download Manager" for download the last Mod of Mustang and it's really more fast: http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support/firefox8_integration.html

Mustang, thanks in advance for you work, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Mustang,

sad to report that after following the installation instructions for 12th July terrain DCS 1.5.7 still comes up with "tainted" only unmodified game allowed when connecting to a IC restricted MP server.

Yep. Im actually having the same problem. I had mistakenly tested on a server that was not running Integrity Check... Opps...

Hi,

After a long moment I've can download your complet Mod and I would like to know if it's normal to have no folders zip into the path:

104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.21 (23rd June)\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures ?

After to have unzip your Mod into vfstextures's folder there's no zip but just these simple folders, is it normal ?

Custom terrain textures can be used either in form of zips (Starway, Mustang), or folders with extracted files (Barthek). Mustang used to use zips in previous versions of his mod, but now that they cannot pass Integrity Check in DCS 1.5.7, he switched to folders method.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Custom terrain textures can be used either in form of zips (Starway, Mustang), or folders with extracted files (Barthek). Mustang used to use zips in previous versions of his mod, but now that they cannot pass Integrity Check in DCS 1.5.7, he switched to folders method.

Art-J....please read posts above. At least two of us checked in with Mustangs 12th July on a IC protected server.

At first (before joining) you get the "green thumbs up" and you are happy but after logging in to IC protected MP server it turns to red and says you are "tained".

So at present it seems that on multiplayer (IC on) we are not able to use terrain mods.

And it goes even further: if you stick with or revert back to 1.5.6 you don´t see anymore servers that are upgraded to 1.5.7. That did not happen in the past.

To me it seems that preventing the use of terrain mods is of "high priority" to ED and I really do not know whats the policy behind....but some will know. I feel more than frustrated right now as I really do not appreciate the stock terrain in 1.5.7. I can not agree with this ridiculous "cheating" argument. Simulation is about immersion...and well....thats gone for now if you are a low and slow flyer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Again, this is a non official mod not supported by ED so.

Use it at your own risk.

Or ask servers to deactivate IC

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Sorry doc, I didn't understand your previous post, as I fly only offline and I don't know how online GUI looks like and what messages should or should not be displayed there.

So MP guys get shafted anyways, huh? Well, in that case, I understand your frustration. I sure hope updated 2.5 map will be worth it and won't need custom textures then.

Sorry guys it seems that ED's IC check wins, it was working on 1.5.7 up until a few days ago but something has changed and like you say the 'tainted' message now comes up during the loading phase....oh well back to the stock textures it is.

Edited by Mustang

Any official word from ED on this? There seems to be the idea, ED want's to block texture mods, which I find silly when looking at the official starway support. Is this maybe unintended change while fixing something on the IC system?

Bug report it?