Mustang's land textures zip file package

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Mustang and Accipiter,

Thanks for your explanations, yes I've try to forcing the Anti-Aliasing with Nvidia Inspector but it's really an FPS killer.

I've tested Anitialiasing - Transparency Supersampling 8X or more but my FPS drop. With 4X my FPS are perfect but the grass flash...

Here I show you my settings AA with Nvidia Inspector, please can you tell me if I must change other values from these lines ?

379201NvidiaInspectorGrass.jpg

Thanks in advance, Skull.

I fiddled about with the Nvidia settings, (don't use Inspector) and it doesn't make any difference. To be honest, I never noticed the grass shimmer until you pointed it out. Just looks like a breeze over the prairie?:music_whistling:

The overall textures are such a massive improvement on the base, like Mustang says, these are the best we have until DCS do the big upgrade and merge all the maps.

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

You know summer starts on 21 June?

Esac_mirmidon, yes it's correct.

Thanks for your answer +1

I fiddled about with the Nvidia settings, (don't use Inspector) and it doesn't make any difference.

Accipiter, please if you don't use Nvidia Inspector please can you give me your Nvidia Settings ?

If it's possible please can you make a screenshot of your Nvidia pannel that you use for DCS ?

Of course you have reason these ground textures are really the best for DCS.

Thanks again for all, Skull.

What i mean is for me is normal that June could be Spring and make the change on July to Summer.

Because in the editor you can only change the whole month for season change, not specific days.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Accipiter, please if you don't use Nvidia Inspector please can you give me your Nvidia Settings ?

If it's possible please can you make a screenshot of your Nvidia pannel that you use for DCS ?

Of course you have reason these ground textures are really the best for DCS.

Thanks again for all, Skull.

Supersampling use native in-game MSAA to work.

Nvidia Inspector:Antialiasing Mode: Override

Antialiasing Transparancy Supersampling: 2x or 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling

If you choose 2x Supersampling>MSAA in game x2

........................4x Supersampling>MSAA in game x4

Also be aware that those settings depends of your original screen resolution.... 1080p at 4x SparseGrid: it's like trying to render the full scene at 4k....

Putting 21st June aside, or real calendar for that matter, does anyone know what the "switching" dates are that DCS mission editor uses to load next season textures?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

July for summer. October for autumm. January for winter. April for spring.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

WOW Mustang I really like this cracked textures, like a desert but is it for autumn or other seasons ?

One more detail perfect for us, awesome.

WOW Mustang I really like this cracked textures, like a desert but is it for autumn or other seasons ?

One more detail perfect for us, awesome.

It's for spring summer and autumn, as usual the colour depends entirely on the surface it's sitting on, for example here's how it looks in the spring map

78zlF0f.jpg

Why not see for yourself, this version is now available :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?biqlf5388w7dgmz

1.21 18th May

Introduced another new noise_small.bmp.dds texture to the package

Further tweaked the sharpness of all tree textures.

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

Hi Mustang,

Thanks for this new version, I go test this new textures.

Please can you check your MP box ?

Thanks, Skull.

Putting 21st June aside, or real calendar for that matter, does anyone know what the "switching" dates are that DCS mission editor uses to load next season textures?

you can also change the 3rd line "ChangeDateBySeason = false" to true in the World.lua here E:\DCS World\Config\World then as you change season in editor it'll change month to suit the season chosen,

However if you wanted to portray an Antipodean climate you'd leave as default "false" so you can choose to have summer in Decemeber, winter in June etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Hi Mustang,

I downloaded the latest yesterday and I tried it on the AO server, I can say very nice, the performance hit which I was getting was due to the water which I have made it to low and amazing performance using Medium Visibility Range , but I have noticed one thing, at Sochi Adler on the southern side where the hangars are there were filled with trees now with your mod it seems to be just barren ? I still have to check the area east of Novo / Gelenz if they are without trees.

I have trees to 8000 in the settings can't go any higher

The other texture mod which I have has those trees.

Edited by humptydumpty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Nice find. Also noticed the default year month and day are in there too and that the editor now allows you to set dates in years like 1944 etc.

<edit> ok doesn't seem to work for me - either season or default dates changing.

you can also change the 3rd line "ChangeDateBySeason = false" to true in the World.lua here E:\DCS World\Config\World then as you change season in editor it'll change month to suit the season chosen,

However if you wanted to portray an Antipodean climate you'd leave as default "false" so you can choose to have summer in Decemeber, winter in June etc...

Edited by Stonehouse

Hi Mustang,

I downloaded the latest yesterday and I tried it on the AO server, I can say very nice, the performance hit which I was getting was due to the water which I have made it to low and amazing performance using Medium Visibility Range , but I have noticed one thing, at Sochi Adler on the southern side where the hangars are there were filled with trees now with your mod it seems to be just barren ? I still have to check the area east of Novo / Gelenz if they are without trees.

True, water hit hard the FPS. But i've noticed something, if you choose "ultra" for the visibility range, i have far better FPS than with medium or high setting :doh:. Something is a bit off in the .lua's i think. Otherwise, geat mod :thumbup:

True, water hit hard the FPS. But i've noticed something, if you choose "ultra" for the visibility range, i have far better FPS than with medium or high setting :doh:. Something is a bit off in the .lua's i think. Otherwise, geat mod :thumbup:

Ultra NO GO for me , this is my current config, but I will give it a try later tonight on the AO server

Toshiba Satellite L755

i5 2430m (underclocked to 2.0)

8 GB RAM DDR3

1GB GT525m

:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Hi Mustang,

I'll check the trees, it might be a side effect of the mipmap sharpening that i've been using the past few versions, i'll revert this if it turns out to be the cause thx.

Sochi airport. High settings.

Trees where they should be.

gnBzart.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Esac_mirmidon

Yep those trees , I think medium has a problem then

Medium and Low scenes have always had no forests, even with stock textures.

Don't get the scenes and visibility mixed up, they're two different things.

Medium and Low scenes have always had no forests, even with stock textures.

Don't get the scenes and visibility mixed up, they're two different things.

I don't understand ? I don't even remember what the stock textures look like and what was the forest density showing.

What should I change to get those trees back ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I don't understand ? I don't even remember what the stock textures look like and what was the forest density showing.

What should I change to get those trees back ?

Set Terrain Textures to High.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Small update to package (also updated in first post of this thread)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/90b9dno9g5f63gv/104th_Terrain_Textures_Package_DCS_World_1.5.x_v1.21_%2821st_May_2017%29.rar

- Changed r_for_t.tga texture (forest base texture) in all seasons zips to point based mipmapping, this helps give slightly better detail of texture over a longer distance and helps blend better with the tree textures

- Altered terrain.cfg.lua to have more evenly distributed grass amounts on terrain.

NOTE: With the expected merge of Nevada and Normandy in the coming days development of this mod will significantly slow down.

Edited by Mustang