Crash Video

85 people died, including lots of children because of pilots error. Pure horror.

Pilots ejected, and survived.

I don't know how could you miss this on media. This was not long time ago. Worst disaster in airshows' history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sknyliv_(Ukraine)_airshow_disaster

check CNN and BBC webpages for more articles.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Did he just misjudge his maunouvre? did he stall?

Yes. That's exactly what they did.

It was in year 2002 actually..

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I remember as it was yesterday, time flies... :(

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It also looks like its heavier than it should have been for aerobatics in an airshow. too much fuel load?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It also looks like its heavier than it should have been for aerobatics in an airshow. too much fuel load?

Yes, IIRC a published black box transcript showed one of the two pilots (not the one at controls) saying somethig like "Don't do that, we've got too much fuel. Do you understand me?..."

The wikipedia link posted above shows a list of causes including:

fueling the plane with an excess amount of kerosene, causing the Su-27 to become too heavy and not agile enough to complete the manouver

so yeah ^^ thats correct

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

Yeah, what that retarded wikipedia article doesn't mention is that they exceeded the AoA for a fueled plane of 24 degrees, and didn't account for the 2 second delay when going from military to full afterburner thrust, sorry, no engine failures or UFOs here. Also, the flight plane was made for a single seat su-27, with a lower weight and slightly different handling characteristics (better). The pilots come out of their loop on the wrong side of the runway, where the spectators were, this was in their flightplan, which hasn't been changed since they practiced at Mirgorod AB, assuming the public would be standing on the other side of the runway.

The "article", I prefer scribbling, also says su-35 prototype for the 1999 Le Bourget Su-30MKI crash (this one I too remember as if it was yesterday, I was sitting in the back yard, when my dad called me, and I watched the news footage). That crash was due to the pilots doing one spiral too many before pulling up.

A better, but far less known incident that matched the Lviv tragedy was exactly 10 years from that date, namely in 1992, when at Mirgorod AB, a su-27UB was practicing aerobatics routines, and, again, the pilots didn't account for the 2 second time gap from non-afterburning to full afterburner, hit the ground, and as the wreck was disintegrating, the front pilot initiated the ejection sequence, ejecting the rear pilot successfully, but, when his seat left the rail, approximately 0.3 seconds later than the seat of the rear crew member, the cockpit was already strating to roll on the ground, and he ejected into the ground, killing himself, but saving his co-pilot's life.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: