Stuck with a simple trigger - Ultra Newbie

Phantom_Mark

I have created a test mission and just been playing with some really basic stuff.

First up I added a couple of soldiers either side of a building I wanted to flag as dead or not, when dead it flashes a message saying mission complete blah blah, works great, so it seems I have at least grasped the very basics of a trigger and how to do something at least.

So the next stage was to try and hook into that and expand my understanding, the idea being that when the target was detected as destroyed (which I have achieved already by virtue my first trigger works) I would have a flight from a nearby airfield take off and do an intercept.

So I created a flight on the airbase I wanted that flight, setup the waypoints etc, flight works fine, but trouble is the flight starts executing it's "mission" immediately.

So my first idea was create a trigger at mission start to pause the flight, it soon became apparent that the AI OFF stuff seems to be for ground units etc, same with GROUP STOP etc, so I managed at least to get the GROUP DEACTIVATE to work, now the mission starts and the flight immediately disappears, as expected.............trouble is I think that seems to Deactivate the flight for the rest of the mission no matter what, my logic based on the next bit....

I tried virtually ever option in those triggers last night, spent about 4hours changing stuff around etc......nothing helped it seems.

So then I hook a trigger into the destroyed building, saying GROUP ACTIVATE, but I fear once that flight is removed at the start it can't be restarted, the trigger works because I tested UNIT DESTROY on that flight once the building/soldiers were destroyed, so again, my logic says the trigger works, just my syntax incorrect or something ?

So in summery, I want my created flight to execute their waypoints and take off "once" the building destroyed trigger goes off......

Any help appreciated, I have browsed many topics here and it all seems waaaaaaaaaay above my pay grade at this moment, super simple baby steps first is what I need to do super simple things if possible, then I will expand on that. :book:

real quick answer.

In the mission editor for the aircraft group you don't want to start when mission is started, either:

Tick the box called LATE ACTIVATION

or

Change the groups start day at the end of the time fields to a day higher than actual mission day.

Time might look like 8:0:0/1

you want to change the figure after the /

Now the group will not startup at mission start, You will now need a trigger set up to ACTIVE GROUP when needed.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Think I tried that actually Ian, I set the group to late activation like you say and it changed the start time to plus 12hrs iirc, maybe I never combined that with the Active command, it was one of the very last things I tried and it was getting late, 3am, so might have fluffed that one :D

Give that a burn, thanks mate.