DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Dojo

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx that was great:thumbup: shoveling Cow shit and 2 hrs later in the Pit.. Too Funny and Cool:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Brilliant. Very interesting and entertaining. Good work Dojo - if that was without editing, I'm very impressed - very fluid, perhaps a media career awaits?

i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 6GB EVGA GTX1060 SC, Oculus CV1, Track IR 5, BenQ XL2720X, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Microsoft Windows® 8.1 -

This was really good to hear Peter perspective.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

@Dojo Just wanted to thank you for the latest episode and for the excellent Podcast in general. I've got all of the episodes on my phone to help me through those work days with some boring routine work :)

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Just listend to the last episode. I really enjoyed it!

As I'm from Germany, I can remember seeing jets almost every day in my childhood. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I see one in a year...

Just listend to the last episode. I really enjoyed it!

As I'm from Germany, I can remember seeing jets almost every day in my childhood. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I see one in a year...

Im a swede and its the same here =(.

Between the 40s-90s you would very commonly see Fighter aircraft even if you did not live next to a Airbase.

But nowadays unless you live at one of the few bases that remain you are unlikely to see a Millitary aircraft.

And i feel like its sad.

Because it give less of a Pride/Connection with the Military / Airforce.

@Dojo Just wanted to thank you for the latest episode and for the excellent Podcast in general. I've got all of the episodes on my phone to help me through those work days with some boring routine work :)

This is exactly how I envisioned the podcast being used, which is why it's audio only, and I'm very pleased to hear others do the same! Please don't misunderstand me: I love that others are doing video podcasts, demos, news reports, and other general Youtubery. As I'm frequently engaged away from the computer, I listen to a lot of podcasts (news, sports, etc), and I wanted to provide that option for our hobby. It's a learning experience, trying to get better at it!

Thanks for the continued support everyone, apologies for the amplification artifacts in the last episode, and more to come!

-dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a fantastic podcast! Pete seems like a really genuine dude and I'm looking forward to hearing more from him in the future...I'll wait for the next announcement thread to ask my questions. ;)

What I found most intriguing were his views and insight on the F-35 program. Regardless of your stance on the topic it's hard to beat insider knowledge!

System Specs:

Corsair CX600 PSU, ASUS P8B75-M/CSM mobo, i7-3770 @ 3.9GHz, ASUS Strix GTX960 2GB @ 1300MHz running 358.91, 8GB DDR3, Dell E2715H 27" monitor, Windows 8.1

Sim Peripherals:

TrackIR 5, CH Fighterstick Pro, Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X (using the stock throttle, modified the stick to have a gear handle, flaps, and master arm switch), Logitech G13 for UFC and misc. cockpit functions

• 2 months later...

Episode 13 is live!

As Dojo passes the hosting baton to me, I hope I can continue to deliver the standard he has set.

We discuss VR, including the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as Tactile Transducers; Primarily the Buttkicker Gamer 2, and how it can be improved with the addition of the SimShaker software.

This is my first foray into Podcasting, so I welcome any feedback from the community.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

476th vFG Alumni

Great episode.

Just a few additions:

The advantage of the Gametrix Jetseat over the Buttkicker setup is, that SimShaker controls each of the 6 motors/transducers separately. Thus, you can locate where the 'source' of the impact is. E.g. dropping something from your right wing = vibration on the right side or touching down with only one landing gear...

In my setup I use a Basspump bass shaker and the jetseat in conjunction. Jetseat is used for 'precise' effects and the transducer for the heavy stuff (eg GAU-8) ;)

Here are a few links regarding SimShaker:

SimShaker Website

Voicemeeter2SimShaker tutorial

SimShaker SoundModule Thread

Gametrix Thread

Currently all information are spread in several posts/websites. I'm planning to create one 'official' thread combining all knowledge but currently my time is limited. But if someone likes to help me with this, feel free to write me a message!

Donations are always welcome: the F5 should be my next project :)

Edited by f4l0

Thanks f4l0, appreciate the extra detail!

Glad you enjoyed the episode!

Your welcome.

Some kind of show notes would be great. Thus one can find the stuff you are talking about much easier.

Interesting podcast once again, thanks!

I just have one question (I don't think this came up in the podcast, but as I listened @ work I may have missed that part): Does my downstairs neighbour want to kick my butt, if I install a buttkicker into my office chair at home?

I.e. I'm wondering how powerful these are and how much they "leak" to outside world?

I'm living in a Japanese apartment, which are generally not known for their great sound insulation...

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

I just have one question (I don't think this came up in the podcast, but as I listened @ work I may have missed that part): Does my downstairs neighbour want to kick my butt, if I install a buttkicker into my office chair at home?

I.e. I'm wondering how powerful these are and how much they "leak" to outside world?

If I were in your situation, assuming you don't have carpet, I'd get a carpeted chair pad to be safe. Like so: https://www.floormats.com/content/product/large/Black%20Chair%20Mats%20600.JPG

Also, here's a Youtube of the Buttkicker's sound. You feel it much more than you hear it. And when game sounds are on (either via speakers or headset), you don't hear it at all. See here:

Edited by Dojo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]