profiles help

DCXX

Is it a .tmc or a .fcf?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK. That is designed for the Target GUI. When you installed Target, two desktop icons were created. You want the one with the yellow star next to the joystick (Target GUI). The other is the Target Script Editor which you don't need for this file.

Once the main GUI screen is up you will see a Run button near the top right. When you click it you can then navigate to, and select, the fcf file to open. Once you do that a new window will open as Target executes the file. Assuming there are no problems, it will end up looking something like this.

TargetGUIscriptrunning_zps1487830d.jpg

Now just ignore that window and start DCS. You will need to configure your axis settings (and anything else the profile author asks you to set, if any) and then you should be all set. Also do not forget to clear any existing button assignments so that they don't conflict with what the profile is trying to do.

EDIT: One thing to be aware of. When you use Target, it combines your Throttle and Joystick into one controller as seen by the sim. Both controllers are now listed as Thrustmaster Combined when you are in the Options>Controls screen.

When you are done with DCS. Just click the 'Stop' button in the upper right of the Target window and once the main window reappears, close it.

If you have not done so, do yourself a favor and download the manuals for the Target software from TM.

Main Manual http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_User_Manual_v1.6_ENG.pdf

Basic Script Editor Manual http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_Script_Editor_Basics_v1.5_ENG.pdf

Script Editor Appendix http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_SCRIPT_EDITOR_basics_v1.2_Appendix.pdf

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. :)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Good deal. :thumbup: