A few new parts can make all the difference...

What's described below.. are only a few parts that were introduced..along with some old ones...I still have on the way, 16GB of Kingston 2400mhz ram, and the ASUS strix GTX970 4GB along with track IR5

It's not just a video card that carry's the weight of DCS.... Using MSI afterburner and seeing that i'm using almost all of my 1GB of Vram... i'm getting away with murder here.

CPU and motherboard upgrades alone can have a huge impact on DCS..... from just upgrading those two components...it is almost night and day... good frame rates....Feels like I upgraded my video card.. for real.

Old system...

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.2Ghz, Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard, 16GB PC1333 DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD6800 1GB GDDR5, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick.

Add the new CPU .....Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz and Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150)

Brought this video card back from the dead.... substantial frame rate increase..... and noticeable graphical enhancements....

From what I can tell over the last week... the CPU.... does do most of the heavy lifting. Start with the CPU and mainboard if your gear is more than 3 years old.

cheers

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

Amen, brother!

DCS relies on CPU more than anything. I spent a few years flying DCS on a 2.5 GHz machine and living with 10-40 FPS. I decided enough is enough and put together an i5-4670K based machine this last spring for ~$600 USD.

Since you have a K proccessor, I highly recommend overclocking. My haswell is on a stable 4.5 GHz which will crank out butter smooth 60FPS all day long. From what I hear the devil's canyon CPU's are significantly better than haswells for OC because they solved the thermal issues, so you should be able to get a nice & cool OC out of your chip.

PS, time to update your sig. :)

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

What's described below.. are only a few parts that were introduced..along with some old ones...I still have on the way, 16GB of Kingston 2400mhz ram, and the ASUS strix GTX970 4GB along with track IR5

It's not just a video card that carry's the weight of DCS.... Using MSI afterburner and seeing that i'm using almost all of my 1GB of Vram... i'm getting away with murder here.

CPU and motherboard upgrades alone can have a huge impact on DCS..... from just upgrading those two components...it is almost night and day... good frame rates....Feels like I upgraded my video card.. for real.

Old system...

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.2Ghz, Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard, 16GB PC1333 DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD6800 1GB GDDR5, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick.

Add the new CPU .....Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz and Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150)

Brought this video card back from the dead.... substantial frame rate increase..... and noticeable graphical enhancements....

From what I can tell over the last week... the CPU.... does do most of the heavy lifting. Start with the CPU and mainboard if your gear is more than 3 years old.

cheers

Nice.. It also makes a difference running a Intel instead of the amd.. I always use to run amd processors and swore that i would never touch a intel until i bought the 3570k and now i will never go back to amd lol... Ohh and the trackir will make a huge difference to your gaming experience.. Wasnt i flying with you last night on the 104th server?

Nice.. It also makes a difference running a Intel instead of the amd.. I always use to run amd processors and swore that i would never touch a intel until i bought the 3570k and now i will never go back to amd lol... Ohh and the trackir will make a huge difference to your gaming experience.. Wasnt i flying with you last night on the 104th server?

Yes you were flying with me. Since this upgrade....multiplayer is playable for me. I added you on teamspeak.

I can NOT wait to get track IR 5. I placed my order last night.

I agree with your statement on AMD as well. I will never skimp on PC parts again. For something that I enjoy so much it's best to have it running at full steam.

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.