swapping AI with player

Was wondering how I could do this without too much hassle, but I will still do it with alot of hassle too. :)

anyway, im making a series of scenarios that can have just a few or alot of players but I would like the Player slots that are not taken to become AI so as too keep balance in the scenario. is this possible?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess you could start off with all slots filled with AI and remove an AI plane every time a player joins. Bonus points for setting the AI to "uncontrolled" and only starting it when the first human player takes off, so in the expected case that all players join a slot before anyone takes off you don't end up removing AI from mid-air.

I think you're overestimating the ability of the AI in "balancing out the scenario." Seriously- by the time you've found a formula that works, it might be better to consider the amount of resistance and activate additional units as more players join. You can always set the conditions to ensure the players are out of the "danger" zone before the additional threats are activated so that guys aren't ambushed by spawning units when they're already in the battle area.

I spent more time trying to get AI to do what I wanted it to do than I did building any mission I ever dabbled in- especially with ground AI but aircraft AI was a nightmare as well. I'm not seeing ANYTHING in the update logs showing ANY work done on the mission editor or AI function... so I'd be VERY careful committing too much time to such pursuits.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Was wondering how I could do this without too much hassle, but I will still do it with alot of hassle too. :)

anyway, im making a series of scenarios that can have just a few or alot of players but I would like the Player slots that are not taken to become AI so as too keep balance in the scenario. is this possible?

Same idea I have been working on, I have patched up a mission using my limited skills, using other lua code and such. (so wish I was good at programming).

As Eno suggests, it requires a lot of time and complexity, I am trying to get it down to the simplest method so that I could use it as a module to plug into all of the missions I play.

Senario:

Mission requires Human 8 x A10c, 8 x ka50.

- 2 extra AI flights added for each type of aircraft with AI logic

At mission start, start counting humans pilots that jump into cockpit of each aircraft, giving humans 10 minutes at mission start (use flags to count for each type of aircraft).

After 10 minutes of mission start, Activate Ai flights to fill slots that aren't taken by human pilots, ie If you want to test mission logistics or for 0-1 person = 2 flights of 3 + 4 AI, if 4 people = 1 flight of 4 AI, 8 person = 0 Flights of AI

Lua code that monitors the AI flights to see if the whole group is dead, landed, or out of fuel, if either of these is the case old flight is either told to return to airfield, refuel or decommisioned and a new Flight of the same group is relaunched automatically with same objectives - simulates out of ammo / fuel and RTB for reloading, etc.

Want to program it further, so that as humans join in later into mission and become airborne / active in attacking objectives, that the AI Flight would be recalled and decommissioned on landing back at airbase so as to keep the overall flight groups at the required level.

(Haven't figure out how to do this yet,LUA code I suspect)

- I need to be able to continuously tell when a human enters a aircraft and when they die or leave the aircraft and what type of aircraft it is.

- Want to be able to increment a Flag counter for each type of aircraft that gets a human pilot.

- Want to be able to decrement a Flag counter for each type of aircraft that gets a human pilot that is dead or left.

Here is a mission with work so far, may not quite work as intended, but pretty close, if you want some ideas.

Cheers, Ian.

DRAGONs_TheDam_v73.1210.21.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I spent more time trying to get AI to do what I wanted it to do than I did building any mission I ever dabbled in- especially with ground AI but aircraft AI was a nightmare as well.

I feel your pain brother, it is a great way to waste hours and get nowhere.

Shame the state of DCS regards the Mission Editor and AI.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.