loft bombing in 1.12

Loft bombing or level bombing? I suppose it doesn't make too much difference in terms of what you'll see on the HUD. Place your pipper on the distant target (you should not have a solid bomb line showing). Squeeze and HOLD the trigger. You are now in CCRP mode. A director's circle will appear above the aircraft datum. Continue to fly straight toward the target keeping the datum "keel" directly under the center dot in the director's circle. Do not let go of the trigger.

Just before release parameters are met, you will hear a tone. A few seconds later the ordnance will release and you're free to maneuver from side to side. (Now you can let go of the trigger.)

Here's a short track I recorded--no voiceover--awhile ago: DIVE-TOSS_Ironhand.ZIP

It's actually a demonstration of dive-toss bombing, a 3rd use of CCRP. All the fundamentals are the same. But I needed the extra momentum to lob munitions in over the heads of some Tunguskas and have the speed necessary to escape. EDIT: This copy of the track was edited for views and, IIRC, you're not in the cockpit at the moment of release. So start it from the Mission Editor. That way you can take over views to stay in the cockpit at the critical time.

Hope you find it helpful.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

sorry was asking manual over ride mode =8 key?

how do you realese bombs from level flight with this mode

tried =nothing?

You can release from the Setka (8) mode but accuracy is difficult. If you select Setka mode (8) from Nav mode, you only get the grid but no weapons available. You must also press the A2G (7) key. So 7,8 or 8,7 will allow you to release weapons.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand, how do one use Setka-mode? What are the purpoe of the grids in the setka-aimer thingy? An example (training)track for setka will be great.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

You need to know alot data about your aircraft, the weapon used, target size, etc. in order to use setka correctly.. or you can just try it over and over (use unlimited weapons option) until you get a feeling on how it works best :D

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Ironhand, how do one use Setka-mode? What are the purpoe of the grids in the setka-aimer thingy? An example (training)track for setka will be great.

Nscode beat me to it. Because there is no computer helping to determine bomb release, etc in that mode, you would have to use predetermined parameters for each weapon. For example, a FAB-500 might need to be released in a 40 degree dive at 2000 meters altitude with 500km/hr IAS to hit what is under the last line at the bottom of the grid. BTW, those numbers are most probably not correct. I'm just making them up to give you a sense of how difficult the mode is to use effectively. Most of us do not practice bomb delivery (or even flying in general) with that sort of precision.

Rich

_____

Nscode beat me to it. Because there is no computer helping to determine bomb release, etc in that mode, you would have to use predetermined parameters for each weapon. For example, a FAB-500 might need to be released in a 40 degree dive at 2000 meters altitude with 500km/hr IAS to hit what is under the last line at the bottom of the grid. BTW, those numbers are most probably not correct. I'm just making them up to give you a sense of how difficult the mode is to use effectively. Most of us do not practice bomb delivery (or even flying in general) with that sort of precision.

Rich

Even more interesting is a thing described in the (aircraft) manual.. using setka to attack manouvering air targets with unguided rockets :D

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Iron,

Is this 1.12a compatible?

Thanx ;)

It was made with it...so it defintitely should be.

...using setka to attack manouvering air targets with unguided rockets

Now THAT sounds like fun!

Rich

_____