DCS Missiles Mod

They were just working on aerodynamics on this one, so everything was done using an AIM-9L body and there is no mention of using a different motor in the paper.

The AIM-9L shot is an actual missile fly-out, and using this data, and a modified AIM-9L (we'll call it AIM-9V) in a wind tunnel they computed performance characteristics for what you might want to call a radar-guided sidewinder. It's shape is very similar to the Israeli Derby, which is reasonably similar to AMRAAM.

If you read any literature by Fleeman (And probably a lot of other sources as well), you will read that the main driver of drag for a supersonic missile is the nosecone.

This is exactly what we see here, although there is some contribution from the fins also (the 9V removes those big sidewinder fins with rollerons).

Edit: I have no idea where you would have heard that the Variant would be using a different motor. I'd love to know where such hearsay came from, it's like reality TV :P

Are you sure the variant using a different nose cone was the result of increased performance, i've heard that the variant used a different motor as in the development of the WPU-6/B and this is what gives the different performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it takes you to Mega and you cannot download it through Steam.

I know it can't be downloaded through steam. My question is how do I get it to work with my steam game files? And yes, the link takes me to Mega, but upon downloading the file and opening it, I am directed to gamestop.

I have no idea why it's taking you to Gamestop? Malware on your PC? I just got six people to all try the link and they are reporting no behaviour that you describe.

As for getting it to work, you have to just paste it into your DCS World folder. It will overwrite a core game file that should be saved but can be recovered using the DCS Repair tool.

I have no idea why it's taking you to Gamestop? Malware on your PC? I just got six people to all try the link and they are reporting no behaviour that you describe.

As for getting it to work, you have to just paste it into your DCS World folder. It will overwrite a core game file that should be saved but can be recovered using the DCS Repair tool.

For some reason my computer was selecting gamestop app updater as the default program to launch the file with. Obviously this isn't correct, I've had this problem with another mod as well, but I don't know what program I should be using.

you dont use a program to apply the mod, its simply a file overwrite.

when you download the mod there should be instructions that says what folder to copy the file to. You just copy in via Windows Explorer, then when you re-open DCS it will be in effect.

As noted you may want to backup the original file incase you decide to revert.

Once you get a handle on how the mods work you can start using something like JSGME to manage a bunch of mods for you at the same time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i tried and its also dead for me. Until its corrected here is a copy of the mod (v1.2)

DCS Missiles Mod 1.2.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 1 month later...
If anyone is interested I have merged changes from DCS 1.5 and compiled a patch for only the relevant changes for this mod. The differences are contained in missiles_data.diff file and it can be easily patched on any DCS version* with the patcher utility I've included.

*99% should work

Yeah we always use the mod in our server, thanks for the patch!!

EDP71st RuSh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DCS Missiles Mod

Never mind. I figured it out. Stupidity is a painful thing.

Hi all. I tried walmis's patch, but got this error when running the .bat file. Is this normal? Or do I need to do something to make sure the vchange is applied?

bandicam_2015_11_13_21_11_34_677.jpg

I got the same message. Is this OK?

Edited by Markeebo
If anyone is interested I have merged changes from DCS 1.5 and compiled a patch for only the relevant changes for this mod. The differences are contained in missiles_data.diff file and it can be easily patched on any DCS version* with the patcher utility I've included.

*99% should work

Is this mod dead? I have recently tried some F15C missions in 2.0 and the Missiles in the game have turned the game into airquake. THe BVR fight has been dragged down to 10-15 nm range, no matter what I do I can get one missile of the rails and then I have to turn and run from the flankers to have a chance to survive to try another BVR run, otherwise Im in a merge (or dead from an ER/ET) in seconds.

Anyway, can I use this patcher to patch the mod to 2.0?

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.