3x27" or large monitor?

If you're going to invest in Oculus, you have to understand that the monitors will be temporary. I have 3X24" monitors (can't fit anything larger) but if I had to do it over, I would have gotten a larger 4K display. While the 3 monitor setup is fine, watching some of the youtube videos, I'm getting the feeling that the larger single display gives you a better experience. But ultimately, it comes down to personal choice.

I also have DK2, and the three monitors will be used for work (I have a kvm so I can use it with my laptop or home PC). Once Rift gets the necessary upgrades, there's no going back. Even now, in the low resolution, it's just "fun" to fly around in.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Out of those choices, I would get the UW monitor. The distortion of three screens is unacceptable to me and your 980 will only drive that TV at 30Hz. That makes the UW the only acceptable answer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I say: buy a 27" g sync monitor if you have an nvidia card, because you will have smooth gameplay most of the time.

otherwise if there was a 34" 21:9 gsync monitor, I would sell mine immediately ;)

So the 34" would be my other primary choice ;)

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

Out of those choices, I would get the UW monitor. The distortion of three screens is unacceptable to me and your 980 will only drive that TV at 30Hz. That makes the UW the only acceptable answer.

Are there any other choices then that i have missed? Can spend up to £1200..

I would choose nothing right now. Wait for a confirmed HDMI 2.0 video card and then get the 4K TV.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Bad news about the Vizio, though, it doesn't look like it does full color in 4K at 60 hz. If you don't know what that means look up 4:4:4 vs 4:2:2 chroma. On the desktop this will be noticeable compared to a regular PC monitor. If you can accept that downgrade in image quality, it is a great low-input lag display.

For my flight sim I went from 3 screens to a single tv and with trackir I find that it is better because the frames are much better.

With trackir you still pretty much look at the centre screen even with three screens and without using trackir I find the distortion on the sides too much.

It does seem cool in the beginning with the extra peripheral but once it was gone and I got used to the peripheral being gone I didn't feel like I was missing out on much.

I went that way in preperation of the rift and can't say I am unhappy.

For my flight sim I went from 3 screens to a single tv and with trackir I find that it is better because the frames are much better.

With trackir you still pretty much look at the centre screen even with three screens and without using trackir I find the distortion on the sides too much.

It does seem cool in the beginning with the extra peripheral but once it was gone and I got used to the peripheral being gone I didn't feel like I was missing out on much.

I went that way in preperation of the rift and can't say I am unhappy.

What size single tv did you get?

I recently replaced my 3x 27" monitors with single 58" 4K TV, I think also single large screen (preferably a 4K one) is better (I used to use 3 viewports with 3 monitors and framerate is now better with 1 viewport even if number of pixels are bit higher)

No longer active in DCS...

Get a high quality 1080P diplay.

Pretty sure OR dosnt display higher resolutions.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Well i ended up ordering this instead

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM95[/img]

So far that is the only UW that is big enough for me to consider. The others feel like you are looking through a slot.

I want the curved one though! ;)

So far that is the only UW that is big enough for me to consider. The others feel like you are looking through a slot.

I want the curved one though! ;)

if i waited 3 days i could of bought the curved one although i couldnt justify the extra cost really

Need about 4 of them to fall off the back of the truck into my Cave:megalol::music_whistling::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: