Vikhr missiles are too fast

Vecko

Are you suggesting that I have an obligation to provide speed and performance charts to ED team just to convince them that vikhr missiles are flying faster that it should be or I just need to convince you?

You claim that there is an error and isn't it then up to you to provide evidence for that claim?

Fwiw .... the DCS manual states "610 m/s", too.

But then, a quick test: Vikhr accellerated up to about 1300 m/s before the motor died. That was a missile fired from a hovering Ka-50.

The results would probably look completely different when fired from a Su-25T at 500+ km/h? The remaining launch parameters would probably also play a not insignificant role here, i.e. the slant angle (fired upwards? downwards?)

And last but not least, I bet "600 m/s" is the average speed, not the maximum speed. Because max speed depends of many factors. My guess at least.

:huh: Huh?

Because YOU say something and YOU want to discuss something. Then provide the basis for such a discussion.

Listen Dude... I don't want to discus anything, I'm just reporting a possible bug here which will probably be recognized by correct people and those are certainly not the people who do not know top speed of 9К121 Вихрь missile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

I am of course .. Guessing... but I'm going to suggest that Vecko's Image is showing "Feet Per Second" ... which is Still 1000 fps too fast if the average speed is 600 meters per second (or approx 1800 fps).

FYI >>

"X" Meters times 3.2808 = Feet.

EG: 6m = 19.648 Ft

SnowTiger:joystick:

Listen Dude... I don't want to discus anything, I'm just reporting a possible bug here which will probably be recognized by correct people and those are certainly not the people who do not know top speed of 9К121 Вихрь missile.

Allright, so you say, "beliefe me and **** off"? Cool, Mr. Infallible. So you probably can't even be bothered to post a track here that documents at least the launch parameters and circumstances? Below you dignity? Np.

I am of course .. Guessing... but I'm going to suggest that Vecko's Image is showing "Feet Per Second" ... which is Still 1000 fps too fast if the average speed is 600 meters per second (or approx 1800 fps).

FYI >>

"X" Meters times 3.2808 = Feet.

EG: 6m = 19.648 Ft

Hrm, good point actually. But better not questioning the OP ...

It's a soviet missile based on US data. i believe it's modeled correctly, no 2 missiles are the same.

Quite sure if 100 missiles are fired and data collected on each one. It would average out to 600 m/s

That or the data collected was based on a 1 single faulty missile and therefore the missile in the sim is again modeled correctly :)

Why? Don't you think that ED developers already have all necessary data to correct this issue?

Actually yes I do and that is why I think you are full of it... (I am CERTAIN that they have better information that you do..)

and the fact that you give no reference for your BS statement simply reinforces that ...

Not to mention the fact that your attitude has now simply made everyone not give a rat whether you were right or not in the first place..

Buh bye!

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Why would it be in ft/s? That speed is km/h (knots) if the unit system is set to metric (imperial) in the options.

Hi Corrigan

As I stated, I am only Guessing.

I have no idea what standard measurement the image is showing (with regards to the Speed). It doesn't seem to be indicated. However, it's apparent that the next measurement is definitely Metric. So it would only make sense that the first measurement is too.

And if that is the case (as it may well be), then that missile really is cruising ... ie. just wee bit faster than 600m/s !!

All I was doing is adding my Five Cents (because we got rid of Pennies last year .. so I can't offer my 2 cents !!) with regards to Metric/Imperial Conversion AND what I have only GUESSED to be the case.

That said .. I apologize for wasting Server Space with my posts in this Thread. LOL

Happy Flights Everyone.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Actually yes I do and that is why I think you are full of it... (I am CERTAIN that they have better information that you do..)

and the fact that you give no reference for your BS statement simply reinforces that ...

Not to mention the fact that your attitude has now simply made everyone not give a rat whether you were right or not in the first place..

Buh bye!

You two guys are so funny... You're actually asking from me to prove something which is clearly stated even in DCS manual by ED developers :huh:?! I guess you're not really accustomed to check that PDF from time to time and that's the reason for you spamming and raging in this thread. I encountered that so many times, people just don't like to read manuals, ...

IF you two little fellows are OK with vikhr missile speeding up to almost mach 3 in the sim even if in the manual is clearly stated that speed should be mach 1.8 I really don't care. I don't have time or will for filling two leisured forum bots with knowledge nor do I want to pinpoint you to manual pages... Do your own research and actually learn something!

First post of this thread is aimed toward competent people which will acknowledge or dismiss this bug report with the proper facts and maybe a bit more detailed explanation than it's given in DCS manual. Those people are certainly NOT you two!

And, by the way , tnx for negative rep outlaw :thumbup: , it's actually my first one since I registered on ED forums...The time when you probably didn't even hear for FC and DCS series...

Edited by Vecko
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations