Angle of attack after reload

Vita_CZ

Also noticed that sometimes during rearming, you don't notice weight/COG changes (airplane does not move when a new heavy load is attached, whereas a new plane is clearly affected). Could have something to do with it... Maybe it adds the drag from your previous loadout to your new loadout...?

Those are some really interesting lines of thought. Is there a clever way we can test this?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Hello guys,

I would like to know if you meet this problem in multiplayer or single player ?

Maybe tonight I've meet this problem but I'm not sure...

Thanks for your answer, Skull.

I've experienced those problems in MP since I'm not really playing SP. It really feels like it adds the weight of the old armament to the new one. I think TurboHog made a good point there.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have also noticed this in MP.

On a new aircraft with no JATO pods and a 480l fuselage fuel tank loaded, the t/o behaviour is normal and rotation is smooth.

After landing and re-arming with the exact same load out, trim set to same position I try a take off and need a LOT more rearward stick and a longer take off run to get it off the ground, acts as though the drag from the previous flight has been added to the drag calculation of the current (same) load out and I am given twice the drag!! I have even tried a repair between flights thinking I have picked up damage somewhere, but this seems not to have an effect on the take off at all, it still behaves as if the aircraft is much heavier than it was on the initial departure.

Hope this makes sense to someone!!

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Someone ought to try landing, then reloading to a clean loadout, then reloading to a heavy loadout and trying again—is it all drag over the whole 'session' in the aircraft, or is it just the last loadout?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

There is definitely something going on...

I rearmed after a 1.5hr sortie, my friend was shot down and took a new plane. I rearmed the default loadout and of course my friend also took the same loadout.

We then joined up in formation after a difficult take-off (high AOA, low speed). As we were flying the same speed we turned of the AFB switch and engaged full military power. He just pulled away from me under identical conditions (loadout, fuel, direction of flight and ofc atmospheric conditions). maximum speed was 5kts slower (ground speed), but the acceleration difference was far more significant than that!

The landing was really weird. After flying a perfect large box the final approach was perfectly on the glideslope, but when my speed reduced to 380km/h I had to compensate really hard to not fall short of the runway. I eventually had to pull 20 degrees AOA, full throttle, only to come down pretty hard on the grass just short of the runway (no damage though).

The track is too large unfortunately. It happened 2.5hrs into a complex mission with many players participating.

'Frett'

There is definitely something going on...

I rearmed after a 1.5hr sortie, my friend was shot down and took a new plane. I rearmed the default loadout and of course my friend also took the same loadout.

We then joined up in formation after a difficult take-off (high AOA, low speed). As we were flying the same speed we turned of the AFB switch and engaged full military power. He just pulled away from me under identical conditions (loadout, fuel, direction of flight and ofc atmospheric conditions). maximum speed was 5kts slower (ground speed), but the acceleration difference was far more significant than that!

The landing was really weird. After flying a perfect large box the final approach was perfectly on the glideslope, but when my speed reduced to 380km/h I had to compensate really hard to not fall short of the runway. I eventually had to pull 20 degrees AOA, full throttle, only to come down pretty hard on the grass just short of the runway (no damage though).

The track is too large unfortunately. It happened 2.5hrs into a complex mission with many players participating.

I can concur this too, been flying a few hours on a MP server and just kept the same load out and kept repeating the same sortie profile, landing, rearming and repeating with similar results as Turbo hog above. I did a repair too between sorties just to make sure I didn't pick up ant slight damage that may affect the result.

Something isn't quite right.......

Hi Guys,

Here is the preliminary changelog for the next MiG-21 update.

DCS MiG-21bis

First Phase of Performance Improvements

– Corrected ordinance drag calculations

Was this included in the last update? as it wasn't mentioned in the change log post by Chizh in the "DCS 1.2.10 Updates" thread. There were 33 fixes listed on that post, but in Cobra's preliminary Change log thread there were 42 fixes listed not including the FPS improvement fixes which were definitely included in the latest patch.

Some official word on what was and wasn't included would be good......as one post seems to contradict the other.

Edited by bart

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Here is another track from today. Please watch for AoA on the final approach, power required and rate of descent on first series of approaches and then after reload.

After reload, the power required was significantly higher.

Also the lift-off after reload was made on higher speed (nearly 400).

Also notice power and AoA required for flying straight an level at 600 km/h and then when turning to the base leg and final. After reload I had to use more power and higher AoA.

MiG_AOA_II.zip

I can concur this too, been flying a few hours on a MP server and just kept the same load out and kept repeating the same sortie profile, landing, rearming and repeating with similar results as Turbo hog above. I did a repair too between sorties just to make sure I didn't pick up ant slight damage that may affect the result.

Something isn't quite right.......

Was this included in the last update? as it wasn't mentioned in the change log post by Chizh in the "DCS 1.2.10 Updates" thread. There were 33 fixes listed on that post, but in Cobra's preliminary Change log thread there were 42 fixes listed not including the FPS improvement fixes which were definitely included in the latest patch.

Some official word on what was and wasn't included would be good......as one post seems to contradict the other.

Most of the 10 removed things in Czich's thread are included, yes.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Most of the 10 removed things in Czich's thread are included, yes.

Thanks for clearing that up Cobra :thumbup:

I'm wondering if this a new bug, or an old one that hasn't been addressed yet, or indeed considered a bug at all?

I would say it is, and spoils multiple flights with the same aircraft. I tried flying a clean aircraft last night, multiple times and the take off performance definitely seems to degrade the more you fly (carrying out repairs in between flights as before to rule out any small amounts of damage).

Still the BEST module in DCS currently though...by far :joystick:

I love the Mig-21. This bug is a problem, if you have to refuel and/or rearm during your mission.

I made a testflight with five take offs. After each landing I refueled and selected the "EMPTY" loadout. Repaired, when necessary.

Takeoff procedure:

Flaps in take off position

Bakes on till full mil power

Brake release, Afterburner on.

Fuselage rotation to 10° up

L/G up, flaps up

at approx. 600Km/h AB off

Acceleration to 700km/h with 10° nose up

To shorten the needed landing distance I used full mil power with deployed chute (try for yourself, you will stop in no time together with wheelbrakes)

Watch takeoff speed, AoA, acceleration, climb performance.

I think the Mig gets extra weight with each refuel/rearm cycle. The bouncing while taxiing increases with every refuel/rearm.

When the ground crew reports "refueling completed" nothing happens with the fuel indicator. After reporting "rearming complete" the fuel gauge increases instantly to ~3000kg and continues to increase slowly(best visible with timelapse) untill you switch on the battery. Then it goes back to ~3000kg

Fox

• Like 2
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Nice work Fox :thumbup:

Hopefully this is or will be on their fix list now.

Edited by bart

When the ground crew reports "refueling completed" nothing happens with the fuel indicator. After reporting "rearming complete" the fuel gauge increases instantly to ~3000kg and continues to increase slowly(best visible with timelapse) untill you switch on the battery. Then it goes back to ~3000kg

Just to avoid any confusion: The fuel gauge doesn't measure the contents of the tanks. It is set to the total fuel available (which the ground crew is kind enough to do as part of the "rearming" which includes topping up the other consumables and loading the braking chute) and it continually subtracts from that what the engine is consuming.

So it is to be expected that it does not match actual fuel during refueling. That it slowly increases until engine start seems fishy though.

Just to avoid any confusion: The fuel gauge doesn't measure the contents of the tanks. It is set to the total fuel available (which the ground crew is kind enough to do as part of the "rearming" which includes topping up the other consumables and loading the braking chute) and it continually subtracts from that what the engine is consuming.

So it is to be expected that it does not match actual fuel during refueling. That it slowly increases until engine start seems fishy though.

Yes, I know that. And in my opinion it doesn´t make sense that fuel gage, chute, alcohol and oxygen are reset with rearming.

With the refueling confirmation the gage, the chute and the alcohol/oxygen should be set, attached, refilled.

A mission could be patroling for an hour without shooting a missile. So RTB and refuel. No need for rearming. But as it is now you would need to rearm.

But I´m drifting from the topic.

(Battery - on stops the increase on the fuel gage, not engine start)

Fox

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Any word from LN on this maybe?

Currently the most irritating bug in my opinion since me and my flying buddy do quite a lot of rearming (we are getting better at not getting shot :thumbup:)

Fixed in latest bins, not tested, but initial fix is there.

I don't think they will make it into 1.2.11 rel - apologies.

We try to fix as much as possible in each version; but we do have limited resources.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We try to fix as much as possible in each version; but we do have limited resources.

No apologies needed. Just wanted to know if you have identified the problem. And you did, so I am happy. :thumbup:

'Frett'

This is great news......

Don't worry about testing the new fix...we will do that for ya no worries :D

Nice work guy's. The MiG is going from strength to strength, I've not been flying any other module since its release!

Tack för det!

Fox

Spoiler

Good to know you sorted it out! Thank you!

Vita