DCS MiG-21 fails to activate

Mrgud

My computer begs for an upgrade for a some time now so I decided to spend few bucks on a cheapest possible upgrade. Today RAM arrived so I installed it. When I started DCS to see if there is any changes on my MiG-21 baaaad fps I was surprised that I needed to activate the module again. It the thread about moduls deactivation, I read this:

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90596&page=3

But, what can I do, I had to go on with activation again. Activation screen remembered my key so i clicked next, I waited few moments, then I have been noted that everything went fine and that I have 8 activations left. I clicked OK but then new window popped out saying: Helper Application has stopped working! I had to click Close program and my MiG-21 mission resumes loading but activation actually failed and I can not enter the cockpit so MiG in my mission became AI and it starts up and taxi away... So my activation is spent and failed at the same time.

Do I need to reinstall DCS, try to repair it or what should I do? Also, I am waiting for new graphic card and new processor, so should I deactivate modules before installing new graphic card? For the processor I now that I have to.

Thanks!

P.S.

This is the screen I'm talking about:

rPO6an5.jpg

Hi MrGud,

Try using pcmsl.exe found in Mods/Aircraft/MiG-21/bin/x86_64 to reactivate your module using your current key again. Should you run out of activations, just e-mail me or PM me here and I'll fix you right up.

Let me know if that will work,

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

@Cobra

I have tried to activate using pcnsl.exe but it is the same thing, and the same message pops up. So, it's not working.

I've sent you a PM with the same content, just in case.

EDIT:

I also tried DCS repair and that didn't help.

Edited by Mrgud

I would like to say that my other modules (I have Mi-8 and FC3 installed at the moment) still works without asking for activation again. It makes sense because changing RAM is only 6 points in chart I gave earlier (I don't know why MiG-21 stopped working at all). But when I am loading mission even if MiG-21 is not in it, this module (MiG-21) asks for activation. When I choose not to activate it, mission loading goes on, and nothing happens - I still get to fly Mi-8.

Now I have to delete entries in registry so I can activate MiG-21 again (EtherealN's suggestion) so I will see what will happen.

I am writing this so that developers (LN Simulations) have some data how MiG-21's activator behaves so maybe they can fix it.

EDIT:

I have deleted registry entries and it didn't help. When I try to activate MiG-21, my key is already entered (unlike for other modules) and the same error message appears.

Now I wait.

Edited by Mrgud

after reinstalling mig21 i´ve deleted all registry entries... so i ´ve startet another activation with the pcnsl.exe . It looks like the activation was ok.... but i get a new hardwarecode ?! when i start DCS a new errormessage appears... still not working :-(

194665681_activationfail2.JPG.1fc58ded6e43311a42bb5cc0759b23ec.JPG

Edited by Hellfinger

What do you mean about the shortcuts Hellfinger? Which registry entries did you delete? Can you please post up the steps you did?

I'm getting the exact same error and like Mrgud cannot activate Mig21:

Faulting application name: ridysywa.x64, version: 5.70.50.1, time stamp: 0x5417d8ec

Faulting module name: ridysywa.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5417d9dc

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000062f5e320

Faulting process id: 0x13a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd7e2596b43dc

Faulting application path: F:\mypath\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\bin\ridysywa.x64

Faulting module path: ridysywa.dll

I think you may have run the wrong one although I don't really know. There are scripts down at the bottom of the page that Feeleen has linked to which are individual scripts for each module. ie one script = a particular module.

Anyway sometime in the last couple of days they have added scripts for all the new modules as well as the BF109K. I ran the Mig21 script and it deletes the keys folder from the Mig21 registry entry (I opened the script using Notepad++ to see what it did first so you can do it manually via regedit if you wish). This time starting a Mig21 instant action mission acted as if I'd just installed it for the first time and my serial number worked at last.

@Cobra847

One more question Nick, I noticed that my activation count is now down to 7 because I could not deactivate my original activation. I think I remember reading something ages ago that this resets monthly for DCS modules?? Is that correct or am I permanently going to be short an activation. The reason I am mainly concerned is that I know I will be replacing DDR3 modules very soon so guess that I will have to do this again. Which will take me down to 6 and if I have problems getting hardware sorted I can see that I could easily run out. Can you advise what the situation is around this for Leatherneck modules please?

Thank you to everyone for their help.

Cheers,

Stoney

I have run the first one which deletes registried for all the modules. And all modules are reset except the MiG-21. I can try to delete again with fix at the bottom of the page (just the MiG-21 module).

I'm also waiting for new processor and GPU so I will also be using some of my activations in next few weeks, but I think that we will normaly spend activations now, but when we come to the last one spent, that last one will be replaced with another next month. That is how I understand things.

I had some CPU overheating problems so I wasn't in DCS for a few days. Today I decided to activate MiG-21 again and it was succesfull!

All I had to do was: run MiG-21_delete_activation_data.reg from the ED site.

Deleting ALL MODULES ACTIVATIONS didn't help so don't do that!

I hope that my new GPU won't trigger activation request again whet it arrives because I lost some activations during this mess.

Thanks to Cobra for takin' care!

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads-up: Today I've made a small change in bios and allocated +1gb of shared vram to the gpu part of the APU, just to see if there will be any difference in DCS behaviour. Since I only have Mig21bis module and can't compare with other modules, I was kinda surprised that it really did spent additional activation, thanks to the auto-activation feature. However I couldn't enter the cockpit and after exiting the mission, DCS crashed exactly same as for the OP.

I know thanks to the experience of others here that it can be fixed with regedit or running the standalone mig21 script and activating again, however I want to point out that it seems to be impossible as of now to deactivate spent activations on starforce page (it reads: Attention! This feature is not supported in the current version of the protection system.).

It is no problem for me yet, as I reverted the amount of vram back to the original value and the module works with original activation again without me doing anything, however it might be a problem for someone unaware of this strange or even strict behaviour when down at very low activations-left limit. Can imagine the pain of getting the new hardware and having that "30day single activation credit-back" kick in, slowly ticking away, all while looking at the Mig from outside, just because of tinkering with the hardware settings.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

• 2 months later...

Ran into this after upgrading the GPU to a 970... one activation lost for Mig-21bis.

Now, why does no other module act like this? Only the Mig wanted to reactivate???

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just in case, since this is a common mistake: are you attempting to use the transaction number, rather than the serial number?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Did you register the keys with the Eagle Dynamics database? Did you use the SAME account to register all keys?

I'm quite certain you did, as it seemed to have worked before, but may be you had a steam install before? If you never had the Steam keys in DCS World from ED, you need to register them first so they are bound to your multiplayer account.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have read somewhere that I was supposed to de- activate first before deleting files..

not sure how true this is, after closing that stupid activation window a few times it works, but I

think it's stopping me from joining multiplayer??? I still have old pc with same hardware, perhaps I should re-install there again de- activate and then delete, don't know giving me a head ache tbh, thanks for your responses EtherealN and shagrat appreciate it

ps: I am using the serial number

register them first??? not sure about that tbh I will look into that and report back thanks