Track IR since update

Mell

Anybody noticed that TRACK IR doesn't seem able to pause or centre any more?

I have cleared any key bindings reapplied by update and it works fine out of game, but in game cant pause or re centre?

Is it just me?

Cheers

Mell

Pausing and centering Track IR works just fine for me - using the shortcuts defined in the Track IR software.

OK thanks, seems odd its as though the TIR software inst receiving any keystrokes when DCS is active.

I will spend more time and see what I can find.

cheers

OK,

now I have tried everything.

Removed keys that I am using across every profile and still no pause/centre.

Tested again in TrackIR screen and works fine.

A friends works OK but mine cannot work with the same buttons so I am thinking that maybe TIR is the issue when the game is running, in as much as it is not seeing any Key presses from the game however it works fine in other games.

All has been fine since I have had TIR 5 and DCS which is for some time.

Any possible ideas?

cheers

Mell

I have tried both to no avail. I have moved it on a bit but with weird results.

I pondered whether DCS was allowing the keystrokes 'out' and to test this I started up FRAPs and set the same keys to perform basic functions within FRAPS, such as snaphot and switch the FPS overlay on and off.

I was quite surprised to se that once I pressed the necessary buttons FRAPS worked fine, so too did TRACK IR!!!

I unloaded FRAPs and TrackIR stopped working as before. I uninstalled Track IR and the USB driver and then re installed, still it will not respond within game.

So, any ideas? :crazy:

Try making the center TrackIR binding exclusive, or making it unexclusive. It's the checkbox next to the key.

I have tried both to no avail. I have moved it on a bit but with weird results.

I pondered whether DCS was allowing the keystrokes 'out' and to test this I started up FRAPs and set the same keys to perform basic functions within FRAPS, such as snaphot and switch the FPS overlay on and off.

I was quite surprised to se that once I pressed the necessary buttons FRAPS worked fine, so too did TRACK IR!!!

I unloaded FRAPs and TrackIR stopped working as before. I uninstalled Track IR and the USB driver and then re installed, still it will not respond within game.

So, any ideas? :crazy:

Well, actually I meant the trap checkbox, not make the profile exclusive, try that if you haven't. Also make sure it's not on toggle or something. I'm waiting for my new video cards, so I can't get into DCS and test it out ATM. Also see if you can bind the center button to a joystick or mouse button. And make sure you don't have Teamspeak on.

Hi,I tried that too. I also tried removing the 'DCS' folder under the users, that made no difference either (just in case something odd had occurred in my settings for the game).

Mell

Well, actually I meant the trap checkbox, not make the profile exclusive, try that if you haven't. Also make sure it's not on toggle or something. I'm waiting for my new video cards, so I can't get into DCS and test it out ATM. Also see if you can bind the center button to a joystick or mouse button. And make sure you don't have Teamspeak on.

no problem here everything works properly for me..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I tried other keys also windowed/full screen.

I reverted to V 1.2.8 and still nothing, although the reversion didn't help particularly but without doing a full re0install it was inconclusive.

I have one friend who has no issue and another in the same boat.

Still weird.

Works for me as well. LAlt-Space to center, LCtrl-Space for precision mode. Or the other way around. Quick to access anyway.

I wonder if fullscreen / windowed modes behave differently? I'm running DCS in windowed mode.

TrackIR was one of the few things that Didn't go wrong for me with the latest update.

Mine works fine now that I had to reinstall everything.

The only thing I noticed was that I changed my Pause and Center buttons/keys from the Default TrackIR 5 buttons (i.e. F9 F12 etc) to Insert and ... something else ... or was it just F12 to Insert ?

Anyway, I hope that doesn't become an issue because Insert is supposed to be for something else in BS2 !!??

SnowTiger:joystick:

And finally.....

Ok, when DCS was updated....... so was my graphics card driver.

Along with SHADOW PLAY!!!

And there we have it. I wasn't using it but it was enabled, disable it and it works fine.

So if you have had any issues try that.

My apologies to DCS :thumbup:

Mell

Hey, I have the same issue:

1. shadowplay did not work (DCS apparently has to be fullscreen)

2. everything worked fine

3. now TIR does not accept hotkeys when ingame while shadowplay runs

What I don't quite understand: why did everything work fine for a few days? I was happy that I found the issue for shadowplay not working (not needed but a neat feature to capture a funny moment without having to record all the time), now I have to tap out in order to center TIR... (or leave shadowplay deactivated...) -.-

Hey, I have the same issue:

1. shadowplay did not work (DCS apparently has to be fullscreen)

2. everything worked fine

3. now TIR does not accept hotkeys when ingame while shadowplay runs

What I don't quite understand: why did everything work fine for a few days? I was happy that I found the issue for shadowplay not working (not needed but a neat feature to capture a funny moment without having to record all the time), now I have to tap out in order to center TIR... (or leave shadowplay deactivated...) -.-

are sure you didn't up date NVIDIA drivers because the new ones are bugged and this is exactly what was causing my issue, the new bugged NVIDIA drivers.. GE 2.1.2 and GPU 344.16

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

If you are still having issues with this, you might wish to try the Solution posted by "cichlidfan" in THIS THREAD. See Post #11

I programmed my TrackIR settings/key strokes in my X-52 Hotas Programming Software.

While I don't have any problems pressing F9 on my Keyboard to Pause TIR, using F7 for Precision Mode is a problem because (in Ka-50 for sure.. maybe other Modules as well) F7 is one of the Wingman Commands in-game (attack data link target .. I think !!?) and F12 is also an issue (can't remember what it is used for in-game.

SO ... using my Hotas Programming Software, I set up 2 TrackIR (TIR) commands.

Fire Button C (thumb button on stick) is my TIR Center using the following keystrokes;

Shift+Backspace

AND

Precision Mode is Alt+Backspace ... which I just use on the Keyboard right now ... Haven't selected a Hotas Button for it yet.

Edited by SnowTiger
OOPS .. forgot to include the URL / Link

SnowTiger:joystick: