New Black Shark screen shots - 17 March 06

These vehicle pictures are great. I really want to ... blow them up! :D

But, I am afraid of how the much improved level of detail on these vehicles will affect my FPS. When you are flying the Ka-50 you will perhaps not need that many FPS, since the speed you are flying at is much less than, say, when you're flying the Su-27 or F-15C, but still, I'm curious as to how the flying experience will be for me. I still can't fly with all graphic settings set to max the way the sim is today, so...

Well, a decreased FPS count won't keep me from buying BS. I will just turn the graphics even lower, and wish for a new computer and graphics card :)

Looking forward to ED releasing info about how BS 1.2 will affect FPS.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Damn, you all are really inpatient, or is it due to sand clogging your boxes?

Define "inpatient."

How many years of waiting, and seeing other*, (IMHO) less-critically-required 3D models worked on instead, would you call, "patient?"

*not speaking here of Linebacker

-SK

These vehicle pictures are great. I really want to ... blow them up! :D

But, I am afraid of how the much improved level of detail on these vehicles will affect my FPS. When you are flying the Ka-50 you will perhaps not need that many FPS, since the speed you are flying at is much less than, say, when you're flying the Su-27 or F-15C, but still, I'm curious as to how the flying experience will be for me. I still can't fly with all graphic settings set to max the way the sim is today, so...

Well, a decreased FPS count won't keep me from buying BS. I will just turn the graphics even lower, and wish for a new computer and graphics card :)

Looking forward to ED releasing info about how BS 1.2 will affect FPS.

The three magic letters you're looking for are LOD ;)

Don't draw all polygons until you're within a certain distance of the object - of course, this means you'll have to moderate your flying to stay outside that range . . . .

It's kind of ironic considering that if you're close enough to the object to see all that detail, you're WAAAAYY inside the threat zone and are probably about to die. But anyway :p

It's kind of ironic considering that if you're close enough to the object to see all that detail, you're WAAAAYY inside the threat zone and are probably about to die. But anyway :p

lol! well said.. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I second the guy that said these models rival Battlefield 2!

I also second the guy that said we'll all need new computers ...

... but that's not a criticism!

AMD and Intel's flagrant flouting of Moore's Law shouldn't be allowed to hold humanity back. ;)

LOL I guess they are for psicological efects for low flying aircraft. Even an average AG guided missile has standoff range against it. I dunno what we were thinking when we aquired 30 of them. Im almost sure that at least half have been cannibalized by now or rotting somewhere. We could use those missiles on the F-16's.

From curiosity:

Why would the same missiles be useful on an F-16, but "almost useless" on Chaparral?

-SK

Guest ThomasDWeiss

The Chaparral uses an old AIM-9 model (either the -B or -E I forget which) which cannot engage head-on.

They are very usefull to piss off a pilot and make him come back and strafe the idiot that fired it.

The Chaparral uses an old AIM-9 model (either the -B or -E I forget which) which cannot engage head-on.

They are very usefull to piss off a pilot and make him come back and strafe the idiot that fired it.

lmao :cool: :icon_supe ...that is sooooooooooo true....lol! :D holy shit....that was good... :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

... Until you slap some Ms or J's in there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

That's not really true. The MIM-72G is fitted with the AN/DAW-2 which is based on the FIM-92 Stinger. This provides all aspect capability and improved resistance to countermeasures. This was retrofitted to all Chaparral missiles during the late 1980s. New missiles where produced between 1990 and 1991.

http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/chaparal.htm

Guest ThomasDWeiss

That would explain why Taiwan added them to their LaFayette frigates - I never understood why they did add such an outdated SAM to a state of the art frigate.

So ... the pilot gets pissed off and ... tail between his legs go home. ;)