Wheel brakes on a slider

Eldur

Having the wheel brakes on a slider just plays the brake pressure sound, the brake release sound can't be heard at all...

Same here. Brake pressure sound and brake release sound are the same when bound to an axis.

But to play the right sound is a bit more complex if an axis is used instead of a key.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

It probably just has to detect in which direction the axis is being moved and play the right sound. To make it really complex it would even require different intensity/volume to adapt it to different slider movement speeds as well as start and stop sound samples. But it would definately be worth it, the real thing doesn't have a button after all.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

To make it really complex it would even require different intensity/volume to adapt it to different slider movement speeds as well as start and stop sound samples.

That what I meant. I would not blame LN for not implementing this.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

• 6 months later...

Regarding brake pressure sound – I can hear it with the engine running which seems to be odd. Even during flight with canopy jettisoned sound is there. I can imagine that when pilot wears helmet and engine is running this sound should be not audible at all (or barely audible) since engine loudness is much greater that some air going through the valve.