=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

tbh it's the same 2 or 3 people actually strafing every time anyway. Just ban them and be done with this nonsense.

That's the jist of the conversation that I've picked up. You have a few people who are vulching because they're not good enough to beat anyone in a dogfight! What better way to score kills than to get them while they're relatively defenseless!

The Germans usually weren't able to surprise the British and hit the Spits and Hurricanes on the ground and while taking off because of the Chain Home Defense. Why now have an announcement to notify an airfield when there are enemy inbound to give them time to get into the air and defend the base? If they can't deny the airspace over the base to the enemy, then it just sucks to be a new bird just taking off. That's more real-life than much of what I've read here.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I have already done a nice notification script for airfields. Will push it to server in a few days.

Currently, I'm looking forward to 2.5 Caucasus release because I'd like to host NORMANDY ANTICIPATION mission to catch some nostalgia :) While it will be hosted I'll have more time to think about Normandy and implement some other changes.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

... , I would suggest there is no effective way to prevent vulching other than player airstarts.

true ... that would be the ONLY way to "fix" vulching ;)

to make it more pactical, just add 5-10 airstartslots ... preverably a little behind the current airfields.

so if there is vulching over an airfield, the vulched one can just take an airstartslot and start with an altitude advantage over the vulcher.

btw ... all that AAA placing doesnt help ... i took out about 7 of the 40mm bofors before one hit me ... so - if i wantted to vulch , id sacrifice a plane and soften up the AAA

It just doesnt work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

@eekz whats the skill level on the AAA?

Excellent

The problem is that even increasing AAA number will not make it significantly more efficient and considering that and the fact that in Normandy airfield all airfields are relatively close to each other it all makes vulching a problem.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Excellent

The problem is that even increasing AAA number will not make it significantly more efficient and considering that and the fact that in Normandy airfield all airfields are relatively close to each other it all makes vulching a problem.

Put some SA-3s on the airfield :P

Server is down eekz.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

If voulching is a serious problem, then maybe it's worth to mention it in briefings and mission description? But then please don't forget to provide the precise definition of when a player is officially considered as being voulched: at what distance from the airfield, after how many seconds since takeoff, what altitude/speed, when attacked from the front, rear or side... Sounds silly, isn't it?

Imo, as long as AAA doesn't solve the problem, a sufficient solution would be (1) providing a message like 'airfield <> is under attack' (already done?) and (2) maybe switching the current second German airfield to a more distant one, the two Allied airfields are separated far enough as it seems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If voulching is a serious problem, then maybe it's worth to mention it in briefings and mission description? But then please don't forget to provide the precise definition of when a player is officially considered as being voulched: at what distance from the airfield, after how many seconds since takeoff, what altitude/speed, when attacked from the front, rear or side... Sounds silly, isn't it?

Imo, as long as AAA doesn't solve the problem, a sufficient solution would be (1) providing a message like 'airfield <> is under attack' (already done?) and (2) maybe switching the current second German airfield to a more distant one, the two Allied airfields are separated far enough as it seems.

While vulching can be a problem I prefer to find solution within mission design but not restricting it.

Also, notification has been already done. I just need to finish new mission. Doing it right now.

Burning Skies

I am looking for an online squad to fly with. I fly German WWII fighters and would like a squad that focuses on the same. I am into historical type flying with an emphasis on being as realistic as possible - no "Air Quake" or such. A historically focused squad would be awesome. The Bf-109 is my current favorite. I am fairly new to DCS and learning. I was once very active flying online.... but that was 20 years ago in Warbirds. I am struggling to figure out how to get online comms working and have not yet actually flown online but I suspect getting with a good squad could help with all that. Thanks!

Server seems to be down again. ITs not showing in the server list for me and couple other people. Could you check it Eekz, please.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I am looking for an online squad to fly with. I fly German WWII fighters and would like a squad that focuses on the same. I am into historical type flying with an emphasis on being as realistic as possible - no "Air Quake" or such. A historically focused squad would be awesome. The Bf-109 is my current favorite. I am fairly new to DCS and learning. I was once very active flying online.... but that was 20 years ago in Warbirds. I am struggling to figure out how to get online comms working and have not yet actually flown online but I suspect getting with a good squad could help with all that. Thanks!

A blast from the past.

You may remember me. Dawger.

While I can't offer what you are looking for I can certainly help you out.

I will PM you my email.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

It appears that server is down yet again ?

Eekz what’s your plans for 2.5? Are you gonna rotate maps between Caucuses and Normandy or abandon Normandy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There will be a rotation between Caucasus and Normandy. Just need to adjust some things in new Normandy mission and will add it to the rotation.

Burning Skies

^^ already fixed.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin