=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

hi eekz.

at which fields am i allowed to repair and rearm?

observed allies doing so, so i wondered

i fly axis

Any that is shown as red on the F10 map.

However I was helping someone out last night and he couldn't get the refuel/arm panel to appear using LAlt ' he had to map it to a key.

I was able to rearm/refuel using Alt ' but it didn't work through the radio menu.

Not sure if this is a BS issue or Normandy map issue.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

ohhh thanks.

didnt try the f10 map, considered it to be blocked as during the missions before

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am making out the different airfields and figuring out exactly where they are? I mean I can find my way around the map pretty easily to the different objectives, AOs and such. But some of the outlying airfields are spaced so close together and in such similar terrain and layout that Im finding it extremely difficult to figure out which airfield Im supposed to land on to refuel etc.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am making out the different airfields and figuring out exactly where they are? I mean I can find my way around the map pretty easily to the different objectives, AOs and such. But some of the outlying airfields are spaced so close together and in such similar terrain and layout that Im finding it extremely difficult to figure out which airfield Im supposed to land on to refuel etc.

It's not easy, that's for sure.

This is 1) part of the problem with the base map and the proliferation of the Advanced Landing Grounds and 2) partly the problem with the lack of information on the F10 map in this server.

Using the kneeboard helps, but has its own problems.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I prefer being active aggressive ;) I thought it's an interesting read..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

hi eekz.

at which fields am i allowed to repair and rearm?

observed allies doing so, so i wondered

i fly axis

Yep, dannyq8 is right. Any that is show as Red on F10 or as Axis in RadioMenu > F10.Other > F2.Airfield status.

As for inability to rearm at friendly airfield, there should not be any server related issue. I didn't touch it in any way. However, mind that radios are tuned only to respawn airfields, and you may need to shut your engine and open canopy and use 'Communication menu' ( \ ) but not 'Push-To-Talk COMM Menu' (LALT+\)

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Hi all. Little update. Tested different variant of what can be added to the mission. Some features that I would like to add (such as trains or moving truck columns) have a number of problems. So in next version of the mission you'll see more or less realistic airfields population (trucks and light AAA) and first iteration of bomber formations. I hope to update the mission approximately on Friday.

Burning Skies

I use the kneeboard and its 4 options and I use the F10 map; it is fairly easy to find my way around the map.

Kneeboard: On/Off toggle, Mark-point, preceding page and next page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TACVIEW

I have the latest update for Tacview on your "Burning Skies" - Alpha server and the latest DCSW Alpha patch and the latest Nvidia driver.

My ACMI files should be dropping to C: Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Recordings folder.

Was working on June 7, 2017, not working currently.

Suggestions from you guys as to what I may be doing wrong?

Did not purchase a key, yet.

Still is working on 1.5.6 Stable version, the latest patch, the "Steel Balls" WWII server.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be actually nice get back some messages about where enemy was spotted or which airfields are under attack not to spawn in front of enemy guns.

For now its just a typical quake flying with no specified purposes and clear vision what to do.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Updated the mission. Still pretty much WIP, but.

1. Added population to some airfields.

2. You can now check mission objectives by pressing Radio Menu > F10. Other > 1. Mission Objectives

3. Added Win conditions

In next version:

1. Smart notifications on airfield attacks (temporary as text messages. Will be radio voice later)

2. B-17s raids that will be important part of the mission.

3. More populated airfields.

Stay tuned and thanks for feedback. Everything is read, and I try to address many issues that you have posted.

S!

Burning Skies

Updated the mission. Still pretty much WIP, but.

1. Added population to some airfields.

S!

Does that mean you have added aa to other than spawning airfields ? I've been under fire notoriously today when flying over German airfields on which Luftwaffe cannot spawn (Longues-sur-mer and few others closer to the center of the map), every time some combat happens and people dive to the ground (in this case Luftwaffe pilots) I find myself under fire from the ground. It got out of hand to me since now combat is more predestined by AA than actual aircraft combat.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Does that mean you have added aa to other than spawning airfields ?

Yes, but not objective airfields (at least for now, until I add more objectives that can be completed solo and safely), only those behind them deeper to enemy territory and it's very few AAA units there. 1-2 per airfield and Average skill level. I don't think they'll predestine air combat outcome if you maneuver and take care.

Anyway it's not final design yet.

Burning Skies

Well, those few were sufficient to cause today damage to me 4 times when in combat, either killing pilot or killing engine since P-51 in DCS is made out of marshmallows. Basically whatever guy has someone on his 6, just dives and gets into AA cover.

I'd very much appreciate getting rid of that crap.

Well, those few were sufficient to cause today damage to me 4 times when in combat, either killing pilot or killing engine since P-51 in DCS is made out of marshmallows. Basically whatever guy has someone on his 6, just dives and gets into AA cover.

I'd very much appreciate getting rid of that crap.

That'll be tuned but anyway there will be some enemy AAA at enemy territory. The question only is how dense it will be.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

That'll be tuned but anyway there will be some enemy AAA at enemy territory. The question only is how dense it will be.

Abandoned airfields should not be covered with AAA. Only those that luftwaffe operates. Why would there be Flak where there is nothing to protect? Not to mention that those are allied fields...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Oh I expect that but that at this size of the mission map and grouping of airfields whoever dives to east or west from med altitude and runs to his airfield can expect that opponent on his six will catch some AA slugs in pursuit.

AA should be stron at spawning fields, its common for either Allies to strafe Luftwaffe guys at their fields or Luftwaffe to strafe and drop bombs at Binville. Those objectives IMO need strong AA, rest should be minimal since mission is not that big. But thats just my few cents mate.