=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Rgr thanks eekz

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

we had some great fights yesterday on =BS=

though we won the fight - it was never clear and we had to work hard for it :joystick:

Special THX to the BLUEs :thumbup:

you did a damn great job, but you have to keep in mind ... you fought vs a 5shipflight with approximately 2500h of "DCS warbird online experience".

its not only about the plane or the weapons ...

enjoy the video, up or downlike it - whatever rocks your boat .

see you in the skies ... the =BurningSkies= :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Regarding labels or no labels.

Im a VR driver, and I just did a few tests using the BF109 Instant Action free flight, with this and that pixel density and AA amount.

Anyway, spotting targets at a distance, even against the mountains, wasnt much of an issue - the lower the pixel density, the easier it was to spot. At 2.0 it became hard to spot), and I could follow the target in for quite some time. Wasnt until I was within 2 km, maybe even 1½km, and it would completely disappear - zoom or no zoom. Maybe at around 0.7-1 km or so, it would reappear. Hard to put exact distances on. And I remember this from when flying without VR too. Even without AA and 1.0 PD, the target would just pop out of existence.

So for me, the problem is that dead spot at fairly close distance, and not targets at a great distance.

Edit: Forgot to add. In one of the tests, I was using 1.0 PD and no AA, and I reached a AI plane, when it was on final and had turned on the nav lights. This caused a shimmering between dark/bright pixels, and was really help full. That shimmering, now that is something Id like to see added.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

server isnt visible in the serverbrowser

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Future plans update

Hi everyone! I would like to share some info on the nearest plan of how we'll be improving the server.

1. Spitfire will be added to the current mission upon it's Early Access

2. Considering that the server became more popular and I expect even more pilots on Spitfire release a new mission will be added to the rotation with frontline between Gudauta - Senaki. Pilots who have been flyin at Burning Skies probably remember Battle for Gali mission. It will provide more space for action.

3. On the web part we'll implement a counter that will count mission wins by side. It will be the very first step to the online war.

See you in the skies :)

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Can you please revert to the settings when you put the labels back on, as that was the best for spotting contacts. I fly with 2 other people regularly on your sever and we all use different resolutions,and we all agree that this is the worst it's been.

Can you please revert to the settings when you put the labels back on, as that was the best for spotting contacts. I fly with 2 other people regularly on your sever and we all use different resolutions,and we all agree that this is the worst it's been.

I will revise the current symbol used for labels for something better visible but not too much. It's a very thin balance that is easy to spoil. I need do some additional testing for different variants before change.

Burning Skies

Hi eekz,

have you considered making the flak not invulnerable? Or maybe restructuring the mission to stop things getting constantly stopped up around novo? The constant cat and mouse gets a bit boring after a while...

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Regarding the current mission:

It's quite logical outcome that everything end up around Norossiysk as Red team usually stronger (in average: more in numbers, better climb rate planes, more skilled pilots around) and locks blue team there. If AAA were vulnerable it would result in even worth outcome when all Blue team would left because Red would have destroyed all AAA and would have been killing Blues on respawn. AAA give a chance to take off at least.

I believe that invulnerable AAA is a must (or less evil) for such kind of a dogfight mission when airfields are few and close to each other and killing planes on runway and during takeoffs and landing approaches is not forbidden (and I don't plan to forbid ever).

So no, no changes to the current mission is planned in regards to airfield AAA. (however I admit current mission's lack in design, and 30+ km spotting of 1.5.5 update only empowers it)

I'll make a new mission soon with more fields and better positioning. Problem should be solved.

Also, as Mustang can hardly compete with Bf109 in turn fight if starting positions is relatively equal it will always end up in cat and mouse game I believe, regardless of AAA, just like P-51 vs FW190.

At least you can be happy that you are a cat.. for now.. :music_whistling: :)

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

It's quite logical outcome that everything end up around Norossiysk as Red team usually stronger (in average: more in numbers, better climb rate planes, more skilled pilots around) and locks blue team there.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but you clearly state what is a fundamental problem in DCS WWII. The planes combined with a numerical disadvantage of players in BS make for miserable experience for Blue.

I know you've discounted it in the past, but I'd like to raise the idea of AI aircraft being added to the mix. Is it possible for a formula of AI to player ratio that can boost the number of Blue aircraft to compensate for a structural game disadvantage?

The advantages I see on this are several. The P-51D human player relies on surprise as the chief advantage to bringing down a 109. AI distract human players and open up the possibility of getting more surprise drops on humans. Urgency will be created by forcing Red into a defense role (something historical to Luftwaffe roles) if AI aircraft punish Red ground targets and force Red to protect their assets rather than waiting to pounce on Blue taking off from Nov.

I've pretty much given up on BS even though its a quality server and I love the work you put into it eekz because its just not that fun on the weekends to see the overwhelming superiority of Red over Blue. Just food for thought.

-SLACK

Hi eekz,

have you considered making the flak not invulnerable? Or maybe restructuring the mission to stop things getting constantly stopped up around novo? The constant cat and mouse gets a bit boring after a while...

It's the fault of the German players, that constantly fly over Novo like vultures

BTW, I have noticed that 190 and P51 get destroyed easily by AAA, while 109s fly around without any harm and strafe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

It's quite logical outcome that everything end up around Norossiysk as Red team usually stronger (in average: more in numbers, better climb rate planes, more skilled pilots around) and locks blue team there. If AAA were vulnerable it would result in even worth outcome when all Blue team would left because Red would have destroyed all AAA and would have been killing Blues on respawn. AAA give a chance to take off at least.

I believe that invulnerable AAA is a must (or less evil) for such kind of a dogfight mission when airfields are few and close to each other and killing planes on runway and during takeoffs and landing approaches is not forbidden (and I don't plan to forbid ever).

So no, no changes to the current mission is planned in regards to airfield AAA. (however I admit current mission's lack in design, and 30+ km spotting of 1.5.5 update only empowers it)

I'll make a new mission soon with more fields and better positioning. Problem should be solved.

Also, as Mustang can hardly compete with Bf109 in turn fight if starting positions is relatively equal it will always end up in cat and mouse game I believe, regardless of AAA, just like P-51 vs FW190.

At least you can be happy that you are a cat.. for now.. :music_whistling: :)

Eekz, what monitor do u have? I use Samsung 21,5 inch at 1920x1080 and my ability to see an airplane is as follows. From 25km I can see a P51 as a dot, from 15km the 190 and from 5 the 109. That is, if they don't disappear due to magic.

I had once a situation, where I was looking for bandits and saw a single dot. I've turned into him. I flew closer and saw that the one bogey is not alone, but is in a close formation with 3 109s. Later the same day I saw another formation with similar numbers and spotted the 190 way before 109s.

I want to mention, that overall spotting is very tough, and dots pop in and out and airplanes disappear in thin air.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

It's the fault of the German players, that constantly fly over Novo like vultures

BTW, I have noticed that 190 and P51 get destroyed easily by AAA, while 109s fly around without any harm and strafe.

Solty that's just not true. It is definitely part of the problem but it's not the whole story. About 90% of the flights I've had in the last few weeks on the server have gone about the same 2 ways. Usually I take off and fly towards any contacts I see. If I see none I take a look around the ground targets, wander through the middle or go towards Krymsk a bit and then cross back in towards novo. Most of the time I find nothing till I get to novo, and on the occasion that I do find someone they often give it about 15 seconds of effort and then if they don't have a perfect 6 O'clock saddled up position they dive for the deck and give up all their energy at once or they run straight to the flak as fast as they can. Of course we follow and then all of a sudden look at that we're playing the same old game again. If we go out and hold back in the middle of the map it only takes about 2 turns till the whole cycle starts again...

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people deciding that they aren't gonna push their luck and want to live to fight another day. It's the smart decision to make. However I would have thought that most would even attempt to fight back before giving up... I don't know where it came from but for some reason certain people here seem to believe that the Mustang has the same dogfighting capability as a 747. I've flown it and against the 'average' 109 pilot in DCS you have decent chances if you know what you're doing. Against better pilots it's a bit trickier and requires a bit more understanding and some practice in making use of high speed maneuvers etc but it is by no means Impossible. There are plenty of pilots who fly here regularly and who definitely have the stick and rudder skills to pull this stuff off, I'm honestly mostly just puzzled as to why they don't.

Also you guys have 2 airfields... Anyone ever thought of taking off at Krymsk and bouncing the Vultures from above?

9./JG27

I fly 3440x1440. I have tried lesser resolutions and my monitor stretches the image. I struggle to spot stuff. Dcs via is terrible. They need to look at falcon and it's visibility model as it's pretty decent no matter your resolution.

Need secondary af's. so if primary is camped can take off from a rear field climb up with time. I don't think you can forcs a balance and ai is not the answer, they are unrealistic and do stupid things. Plus never black out

If your interested in a realism WWII squad, drop by our Discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/BK7kxZx

Or all planes on both sides? At least till spitfire comes or something.

9./JG27