=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Considering latest fixes by ED to event system and in order to add some realism to gameplay, chat messages on events has been turned off for the server.

To clarify, this means you won't see "eekz took off from Novorosky" but will we still see the updates about the amount of targets remaining at each of the target sites?

-SLACK

gentlemen, auto rudder? seriously? :(

please switch it off :thumbup:

thank you

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

To clarify, this means you won't see "eekz took off from Novorosky" but will we still see the updates about the amount of targets remaining at each of the target sites?

-SLACK

Yup thats how it was this evening.

On another note both I and =STP= Razorblade had issues with the labels this evening. I had contacts appear at ~ 15NM (30km) and then disappear only to pop back in again at what felt like the normal distance. I also got the feeling they disappeared too early again (before 1km) which made spotting weird. At one point an aircraft dived down and the label disappeared against the ground.

If I'm honest I would also reiterate what Slack said and ask if you wouldn't reconsider the Imposters as an option. Sure they aren't perfect but in my opinion they work better than the current solution. It was an interesting attempt and worth a try but I think the Imposters just work better/I find them more realistic.

Otherwise thanks for all the hard work keeping the server running etc etc

Cheers,

DefaultFace

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

gentlemen, auto rudder? seriously? :(

please switch it off :thumbup:

thank you

Strange as I didn't enable it. Rechecked settings - should be turned off. Please check. Also are you sure that DCS server can currently force this setting to clients? I haven't rechecked for a long time.

If I'm honest I would also reiterate what Slack said and ask if you wouldn't reconsider the Imposters as an option. Sure they aren't perfect but in my opinion they work better than the current solution.

Likely labels enforcement bug will be fixed soon.

I would rather try everything off, but I'm afraid that people would not like it in general.

What do you all think about probably no labels days or something like that? Worth trying?

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Likely labels enforcement bug will be fixed soon.

I would rather try everything off, but I'm afraid that people would not like it in general.

What do you all think about probably no labels days or something like that? Worth trying?

Maybe a poll as to what the BS community would prefer. Labels, Imposters (with the different settings as sub options) and nothing. You could then take the top two options and have a second poll to see what everyone prefers.

I also think I speak for everyone when I say that Burning Skies is a great place to play and I really admire your willingness to adapt and try new things on the server to make things fun.

Of course I have my own requests (please enable export for Tacview!) but to my earlier point, thanks for creating a great place to play. I can't wait to see what you create once the Normandy map is out!

-SLACK

Alot of people play on acg without complaining about imposters. They arent that bad once you get a bit of practice with them. As far as no labels days I think that would be frustrating. Part of the annoyance here is getting used to tbe lanels which make it too easy in close and then hopping on to the acg and not being able to see anything since you're used to looking for black dots. That and the labels make spotting at long distances overly difficult, which i would argue that although realism may be somewhere between the 2 options making it easier makes it more fun (for dogfighters). Ive had several times when there werent many people on the server and we all flew around looking for eachother for like 30 minutes before we happened to get within 8k.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Alot of people play on acg without complaining about imposters. They arent that bad once you get a bit of practice with them. As far as no labels days I think that would be frustrating. Part of the annoyance here is getting used to tbe lanels which make it too easy in close and then hopping on to the acg and not being able to see anything since you're used to looking for black dots. That and the labels make spotting at long distances overly difficult, which i would argue that although realism may be somewhere between the 2 options making it easier makes it more fun (for dogfighters). Ive had several times when there werent many people on the server and we all flew around looking for eachother for like 30 minutes before we happened to get within 8k.

The problem with impostors that they are visible at about 50 km. You can see a plane over Anapa when you take off form Krymsk and have inappropriate size at far range which results to the situation when a target at larger distance 10+km had better visibility than same target at smaller distance (7-10km).

But the main issues is that they can flicker at middle ranges. One second you see and enemy and next second he disappears.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

I agree that those are the big issues with the impostors. Hopefully ED will come up with a creative solution at some point.

9./JG27

Strange as I didn't enable it. Rechecked settings - should be turned off. Please check. Also are you sure that DCS server can currently force this setting to clients? I haven't rechecked for a long time.

Hi, thanks for response.

I immediately checked my setting after i left BS server and tried it in offline and online on another server. And it was OK, no autorudder.

Did not change any setting and tried Burning Skies today and everything is OK now. It is strange but definitely it was unknown trouble with my DCS installation.

So, sorry. :)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Was first time flying today since long time with David, found the spotting solution with the label dot good Idea keep it.

The imposter are poor, you see them over 20 km away dogfighting, when you got in range all contacts vanished there help the dot from labels a lot.

My 5 cents great Server :thumbup:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

So just an update on the labels thing. I seem to be consistently getting the bug whenever I connect. I know at least 2 others who have seen the issue at least once as well. I can post a track or try and test it more scientifically next time if it will help with the bug hunting.

9./JG27

Alright hopefully I can test it out again tonight or over the next few days. Thanks eekz.

9./JG27

Hi eekz. Sorry to report that im still having the issue. It seems much better and has definitely improced but i still occasionally get a little flicker of an icon out at 12-15 miles. lasts a few seconds, not as bad as before.

9./JG27

• 2 weeks later...

Stats page update:

- 'Air Wins/Loses' parameter replaced by 'Air Wins %'

- In pilots list 'Air Wins/Planes Lost' replaced by 'Air Wins %' (you need at least 10 dogfights to see your 'AW %' at Pilots List page)

- Pilot death now negatively affects pilot's ranking

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Ban policy

Prohibited:

1 offensive language and insults in chat, groundless cheating accusations

2 intentional team-killing

3 intentional destroying of friendly AI units

4 cheating

How to report:

1. offensive language and insults in chat

PM a report to eekz on this forum providing screenshot of the violation.

2. intentional team-killing and destroying friendly AI units or cheating

PM a report to eekz on this forum providing time and date of the violation as exact as possible.

Measures:

Players who broke 1-3 paragraphs of these rules will be added warning list or temporary ban will be issued according to the severity of the violation.

Players who broke 4 paragraph of these rules will be permanently banned on the server.

PS:

All decisions on bans are made only by eekz impartially.

Bans can be appealed via PM.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Hi eekz, the flak stopped working completely at one point today... One of our pilots had to go down and discuss it with the stang guys while we tried to figure it out :megalol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=151207&stc=1&d=1478466678

Screen_161106_214200.thumb.jpg.651b80e2eed5db9a035b3b066375867f.jpg

• Like 1

9./JG27