HOTAS F18

Rikus

I rather see Saitek take it on. I get that you guys like your thrustmasters but I just don't see the value.

Wasn't there a guy on here somewhere that had a actual stick from a Hornet that he wired up using gamer HOTAS?

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I rather see Saitek take it on. I get that you guys like your thrustmasters but I just don't see the value.

Wasn't there a guy on here somewhere that had a actual stick from a Hornet that he wired up using gamer HOTAS?

Dale

Saitek gear is bad man. Really, really bad.

Well arriflex, your of course welcome to your opinion. I've had CH Products, Thrustmaster and now Saitek. All I can tell you is that I really don't think there's a difference in performance, reliability, feel, or ability to control the aircraft.

I don't want to see this get off topic. Enjoy what you have. I'm not bashing thrustmaster, as I said, I just dont see where the price is worth it given my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Thanks for that link. The guy is doing amazing work.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Saitek gear is bad man. Really, really bad.

Agreed, 100%. Had two X55's when they were first releases, both had to go back due to quality control issues. After sending the second one back I got the Warthog instead because I was tired of dealing with the BS; I couldn't be happier with it. Much better HOTAS overall and much more reliable.

I did get the Saitek Combat pedals and those seems to be much better quality. Still, having the Saitek name on them makes me fearful they will have some quality control issue in the near future.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I think people were having issues with the toe brake components on the Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, but the Combat's are a bit better in that regard. I haven't had any problems with them. With the center detent removed, I see no reason to upgrade unless I can put some load cell brakes on them.

• 2 years later...

Logitech just bought Saitek-Madcatz

I hope Logitech improve the quality of their products, because Madcatz has decrease a lot.

I´d rather to buy Thrustmaster with more quality.

But notice that also Thrustmaster has problems. Good products but need maintenance, look the HOTAS Cougar, and also Warthog...

Anyway, F18 is getting close to BETA, i hope to see HOTAS F18 soon.

Cheers

I have owned quite a few sticks since I started PC-Sim flying back with TFX and from what I can tell, no Saitek gear ever lasted long enough to satisfy me but the Combat Rudder Pedals I own now.

Over the years I had a few Saitek devices and all were bad so I really had stomachache when I ordered those pedals 2 years ago, luckily they do still work.

I have owned 3 full blown TM Hotas sets and all of them were great with respect to the service the older gear needed when heavily used ( solder pots in & out, replace broken springs..etc.. ).

The Warthog I am using for 2 years now is just great.

The only "acceptable drawback" imho is the cold steel grip, it just feels so damn cold when my room is at 12°C when I walk in and grab that stick...COLD METAL ...all the way...and heavy like a Truck.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Don't you think that New Thrustmaster throttle Looks like F-18C throttle? I know that it is a single quadrant vs split in real one but otherwise shape , buttons , hat switches look very alike, maybe this is a sign that Thrustmaster is working on replica HOTAS HORNET?

image025.png.7f9f38b2ec2a22e6f1dd1acbfdc4e6fd.png

FA-18_Throttle.jpg.fdb95d0343818f43b2be0a158b8a0b4b.jpg

1.jpg.259bb7078678bf4199d1a229783049fe.jpg

might be cheaper to 3d Print your own and mount to an old Suncom frame and replace electronics w/ USB BU board.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Await 2021 to know. :)

oh, I did not pay attention to that timeline scheme, maybe they know some info from ED regarding F-18 release? ( 2020-2012?) and that is why they postponed the release of HOTAS HORNET? Sad.But this throttle definitely has features of real F-18 throttle control

It is really similar to the F-18 throttle If Only They would have made it a split throttle would be good to go

Just cut it half, there is two Rails inside so it should be "easy" to mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]