P-51D/TF-51D Bare Metal Template

Whiplash

Edit: If you are getting a corrupt file when you try to unpack this download, try updating your version of winrar.

======================================================

Using the template provided by ED, I modified it to make a bare metal template that could be used as a base for other liveries.

The file contains the Photoshop .psd template files with all of the layers I used to make the bare metal livery as well as the .dds files and description.lua file you need to get you started on making your own livaries. I spent a lot of time tweak the spec layer, it may not be perfect but I am pretty happy with its current state which is why I am uploading it for others to use for their liveries. All I ask, if you use this template, please give credit where credit is due.

Once the mods have reviewed the file you can download it from the link below:

ED User File Download Link

attachment.php?attachmentid=103284&stc=1&d=1408648008

attachment.php?attachmentid=103285&stc=1&d=1408648008

attachment.php?attachmentid=103286&stc=1&d=1408648008

attachment.php?attachmentid=103282&stc=1&d=1408648008

57537389_SpecExample.jpg.e552e17a01a4c8fe2121b79fa0cb82f9.jpg

1649548714_BareMetal1.thumb.jpg.e191708ac273ad612b47ea2aba484b20.jpg

1440712428_BareMetal2.thumb.jpg.2caf69a5a6197e2e73c0124338b2bbdf.jpg

1393633900_BareMetal3.thumb.jpg.9c6db0d4f637ac9fd3f2cdf7a1d090d3.jpg

Edited by Whiplash
Added download link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Using the template provided by ED, I modified it to make a bare metal template that could be used as a base for other liveries.

The file contains the Photoshop .psd template files with all of the layers I used to make the bare metal livery as well as the .dds files and description.lua file you need to get you started on making your own livaries. I spent a lot of time tweak the spec layer, it may not be perfect but I am pretty happy with its current state which is why I am uploading it for others to use for their liveries. All I ask, if you use this template, please give credit where credit is due.

Once the mods have reviewed the file you can download it from the link below:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/779984/

attachment.php?attachmentid=103284&stc=1&d=1408648008

attachment.php?attachmentid=103285&stc=1&d=1408648008

attachment.php?attachmentid=103286&stc=1&d=1408648008

attachment.php?attachmentid=103282&stc=1&d=1408648008

Just waiting for the admin to authorise the link. Very much appreciate you sharing your work, cheers, MP

Thanks, hopefully it can be a good base for others. I just check and the file is still under review by ED. I have no idea when it will become available. Usually it only takes a day or two. However, this time it appears to be taking a little longer. Probably because of the weekend.

Great Work Balto.

Just one question.

When are you doing the F-86F Baremetal?

Hey, I got the link for your template. When I get time I will look at it. I'm currently working on a new DoW member's skin at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Thanks, hopefully it can be a good base for others. I just check and the file is still under review by ED. I have no idea when it will become available. Usually it only takes a day or two. However, this time it appears to be taking a little longer. Probably because of the weekend.

Hey, I got the link for your template. When I get time I will look at it. I'm currently working on a new DoW member's skin at the moment.

Cheers bud. Will catch up with ya sometime.

i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz

Asrock Z77 Exreme 4

16Gb DDR3 1866mhz

Samsung evo 850 SSD

Nvidia GTX 970

Does this mean there is an F-86 template floating around? Me wants! Me wants!

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not an official one that I know of. Hopefully soon though!

No doubt. I started playing around with one but it had no layers and was going to be too big of a pain to try to recreate lines, shadows, rivets, and dirt. So I gave up. Oh well. Soon enough I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe the issue with the corrupt download is your version of winrar. To keep the file below the 10 0mb requirement set by ED I had to use rar5 compression which can only be opened by the latest version of Winrar. I know this fixed the corruption issue for others.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]