839 members have voted

1. 1. AH-1 S or W? What do you want?

• AH-1G
    • AH-1S
    • AH-1W

voted Whiskey, but is it pushing it to ask for a AH-1Z Viper? :D

+1 this

• Like 1
Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PilotMi8 just confirmed that they MAYBE switch to AH-1S or W Variant.

What do you think?

P.S.: I will add the G variant to show them what the community thinks

THIS NEWS!

MY JAW DROPPED!

I WILL BE EXCITED FOR EITHER S or W VARIANT

THIS MADE MY DAY

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

This is potentially fantastic news :) I was really excited to hear of a Cobra being developed, but then I read about it being the G version, and how that wasn't really going to be much more capable than a Huey in the DCS environment... If the developers can make the switch to a variant that can pack some anti-tank fire power then game on again! :D

• Like 1

I guess I would buy any combat chopper, I think they should do the W version, as we are having and getting plenty of old-school and WW2 a/c in the coming time.

I'm more of a gadget guy so would love some MFD's etc :P

and please, please get the F/A-18C/E ready together with this chopper ;)

• Like 1

Way not make all of them :)?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Way not make all of them :)?

Hrm ... there is only one thing better than a Cobra ...

MOAR COBRAS!

hehe

well, yeah, why not. If the G would be "almost finished", they really should not scrap it. Release it. And if a S is "just" a different chin turret plus TOWs ... make it, too, if the effords are not that big. Then we will be occupied for a few weeks - and they could do the W. Another guaranteed blockbuster (literally! :o)

Not interested in the Cobra if it doesn't have guided missiles of some kind. I'm a fan of the Zulu Viper, but I think it's too automated for the DCS universe... and I can already do a crude autotrimming. Then we'll be all set for an alternate version of the early 90s across the plains of Europe. I prefer flying the helos with MFDs, as I like to fly in no cockpit mode in DCS World with BS2.

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

F86 and UH1 were two simple airframe with little to no internal system. 40$.

AH-1W with full computer suite ? Prepare your a**s.

I'd gladly pay more for a W, while I would not pay $40 for a G. S would have been an improvement over G, but why not go all the way and do a W (or an F, but I'd prefer a W because it provides an assault ship option) which would fit well against the Ka-50.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

F86 and UH1 were two simple airframe with little to no internal system. 40$.

AH-1W with full computer suite ? Prepare your a**s.

I think you shouldn't exaggerate it. You know A-10C has detailed systems, and Ka-50 can be count in as well, but their price were not higher than $49.99, right?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

...and was $59.99 until well after initial release.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeppers..$59.99 for the BETA!:megalol::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Yeppers..$59.99 for the BETA!:megalol::music_whistling:

tbh. the A-10C was totaly worth it's $59.99 Beta even with the fact that i still wait on my nevada map which was included in the beta purchase

well now i'am interested what PilotMi8 things about the current poll result

Edited by tobaschi

I never said it wasn't worth it. Just pointing out the facts about the price.

The price dropped when ED went to place the product in retail outlets (i.e. Amazon, Best Buy) in the U.S.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Such a hard decision to me.

It basically (for me) boils down to if the more modern version will come at the cost of a lower accuracy and/or fidelity.

If BST is able to model the "W" and all its systems just as accurately as they could do the "G",

then I'm all for the "W" no doubts about it (pre-order tonight).

If not, honestly the (even if more modern) module would be less interesting for me.

In that case I'd vote for the next older variant without drawbacks in accuracy/fidelity, even if that means it gets back to the "G" again.

I'll hold my vote for now, until we get an official statement about potential shortfalls of the newer models.

Greetings

MadCat

Best $59.99 spent EVER:doh::smartass::D ^ you like an old shoe my Brother..hope all is well..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

ill gladly pay $59.00 USD for AH-1W beta access

Likewise.

I'm stupid enough that I'd happily pay even more than that! :hehe:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

++1

isn't it crazy that the LEAST expensive component of this hobby is.. the software!

i'd gladly pay several hundred dollars for kickass TIGHT flight simulators

i consider it an investment

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AH-1W would be more interesting, with capability to take out a few tanks.

AH-1G is from what I have read very much more like the Huey, on weapons.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: