ED Sales: Constant % discounts for Squadrons

Falcon_S

ED Sales: Constant % discounts for Squadrons  

139 members have voted

1. 1. ED Sales: Constant % discounts for Squadrons

I prefer that ED would stop with the discounting , take my money, and delivery a solid sim.

Ive lost track of which discounting scheme they have up now (some sort of Bonus points program?!) But its opening up to more and more discounting.

Im investing(with my full purchase price) into this company because its got the chance to deliver. I just want a solid sim with a focused objective.

(whats up with WWII, Korean War, Vietnam helos, and trainers jets! Lets get f-18 in air. A modern jet for a modern sim, modern map, etc At this rate , Im expecting an announcement that there's a Star Wars or BSG addon in the pipeline.!

Where's this mythical EDGE I hear about?

The Nevada map?

etc...

sorry for the rant, but my point is just this: Take my money and deliver!

thank you and Im going for a smoke now...

I prefer that ED would stop with the discounting , take my money, and delivery a solid sim.

Ive lost track of which discounting scheme they have up now (some sort of Bonus points program?!) But its opening up to more and more discounting.

Im investing(with my full purchase price) into this company because its got the chance to deliver. I just want a solid sim with a focused objective.

(whats up with WWII, Korean War, Vietnam helos, and trainers jets! Lets get f-18 in air. A modern jet for a modern sim, modern map, etc At this rate , Im expecting an announcement that there's a Star Wars or BSG addon in the pipeline.!

Where's this mythical EDGE I hear about?

The Nevada map?

etc...

sorry for the rant, but my point is just this: Take my money and deliver!

thank you and Im going for a smoke now...

Not to offend you or anything, and believe me I want the F/A 18 as much as the next guy, but DCS isn't just a "modern sim." This has been stated here.

WW2 is coming on scene, with the new aircraft and map. I personally believe it is a very good thing. I love dogfighting and that feel of one on one with your adversary. Close in, knife fighting.

Not to go too off topic but I believe WWII will bring a lot of new people to DCS. Some people are very reluctant to learn the A10 , Ka50 or future F18 with its sophisticated avionics. WW2 aircraft are much more approachable from a systems and avionics perspective. Flying them is a whole other thing, but many people seem to be less afraid of that. Besides, sometimes people like challenging flight dynamics rather than challenging avionics

WWII has a huge market, and I believe they can pull in players from IL2 and Warthunder. THen once they understand DCS, they will maybe try a less complicated aircraft like the Sabre and trainers and move up from there. I do believe it will be nice stepping stones, and will help attract new people.

Also I'm a huge rotor head and I personally love the influx of Helos, as there are no other sims that come close to the Dcs Huey and Hip. This has opened up new market potential as well.

I envision DCS in the future to be a home of all generations of aircraft. New maps can be released to work with Vietnam, Korea, Pacific Theater and many other future scenarios.

Not to bash, but just my thoughts

^

No. To me, everyone should pay the same for a product that is the same for everyone.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

It should be 99.00 for F/A-18 with carrier ops,who am I fooling,I would pay 199 if thats what it took lol

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Not to offend you or anything, and believe me I want the F/A 18 as much as the next guy, but DCS isn't just a "modern sim." This has been stated here.

WW2 is coming on scene, with the new aircraft and map. I personally believe it is a very good thing. I love dogfighting and that feel of one on one with your adversary. Close in, knife fighting.

Not to go too off topic but I believe WWII will bring a lot of new people to DCS. Some people are very reluctant to learn the A10 , Ka50 or future F18 with its sophisticated avionics. WW2 aircraft are much more approachable from a systems and avionics perspective. Flying them is a whole other thing, but many people seem to be less afraid of that. Besides, sometimes people like challenging flight dynamics rather than challenging avionics

WWII has a huge market, and I believe they can pull in players from IL2 and Warthunder. THen once they understand DCS, they will maybe try a less complicated aircraft like the Sabre and trainers and move up from there. I do believe it will be nice stepping stones, and will help attract new people.

Also I'm a huge rotor head and I personally love the influx of Helos, as there are no other sims that come close to the Dcs Huey and Hip. This has opened up new market potential as well.

I envision DCS in the future to be a home of all generations of aircraft. New maps can be released to work with Vietnam, Korea, Pacific Theater and many other future scenarios.

Not to bash, but just my thoughts

oh no offense taken :)

No..and no offence, but I guess ED can not even count the benefit of squadron members telling each other about awesome modules. Wild guess..90% of all people playin DCS know nothing about this Forum, or even some squadrons out there..

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I'm sure this had already been mentioned, but you cant have a discount for some people and not others. That would be the most ridiculous marketing strategy I have ever heard of; not to mention that it would alienate the majority of your customer base since most people don't even fall into this category. Sorry but voted no for this absurd proposition.

I would pay more - I was even thinking they should charge for DCS World, just to make sure they make enough money to attract the best programmers and make this game better, faster. I still cant believe how long ago I bought the very first game!!

Although whilst I think the modules are very fairly priced (if not too low) I cant speak for everyone, it maybe that wherever the OP is from, these are expensive. I happen to live in Australia and have a good job, I cant help but think to some countries, it could be expensive, but no more than any other game (in fact less).

Oh..no vote for me.

Here is a thought, perhaps we can have a Platinum Membership, so we can pay % more but get early releases of everything and bonus weapons and skins! (this is a joke BTW!).

• Like 1

I'd say no also..reason is the free DCS-World would tend to attract new members.

Reason is they get to test drive a few planes before they go all out..in purchases...

It's like a test drive...:music_whistling::thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I voted no. DCS products are already (excessively imo) frequently discounted in sales.

Agreed...

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5