ED Sales: Constant % discounts for Squadrons

Falcon_S

ED Sales: Constant % discounts for Squadrons  

139 members have voted

1. 1. ED Sales: Constant % discounts for Squadrons

Salutation to Eagle Dynamics and to all his virtual Squadrons!

A good part of our life is in this virtual world and in such a tone this addressing. Squadrons are best thing in this virtual world and I think just the every squadron influence in large part to the selection of ED products to its pilots depending on what squadron prefer or how many its members are interested for some module (ED product). Squadmates mutually influence each other to buy the some module for mutual enjoyment. E.G.: Maybe some member don`t like helicopter but if he hear others on teamspeak how they sound happy with it he gets the desire to try that heli. We download, BUY and PLAY in this way many times. Is not it? :) So, squadron definitely improves ED sale in some way.

Therefore, I think the squadrons deserve constant discount for all titles as a reward for promotion and loyalty to the ED.

Why not? Why ED not to have special offer for Squadron members or whole Squadron? ;) This would be to the mutual satisfaction.

Eagle Dynamics might have thought about this but did not know how. Let's help them! :smartass:

This is just the idea and the initiative and I do not want to get into the story that something must be.

S!

Falcon, proud member of =238.lbae= Squadron :pilotfly:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

People will just start creating squadrons to get discounts. There will be squadrons that exist for no other purpose than to get a discount. Others will join squadrons for no other reason than to be associated and get a discount. Who's gonna figure out if they're legitimate squadrons or not.

I fly with some people but we are not an organized squadron. At least 4-5 active flyers with several other who join us occasionally. I can certainly create a logo and call us a squadron. Give everyone ranks and medals and other nonsense. Would that (not) be legit? Even if I'm only doing it for a sake of getting us a discount? After all we're probably a squadron in all but name and some sort of rank structure.

The idea seems flawed at every level.

...DCS products are already (excessively imo) frequently discounted in sales.

Agree but why not allow people who are seriously engaged (that`s squadrons) in this simulator the other titles in discounted offer constantly. That`s why i said Squadrons.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

The problem is there is no way to identify what squadrons are legitimate and what aren't.

Also what measure would be used? Is a group of guys who have families, and only have time to fly together a few times a month to be considered a squadron the same as a unit that runs servers constantly and flies detailed missions every day.

And who at ED will be in charge of "investigating" these squadrons. And imho this will cause squadrons to become "watered down" as people just join them for discounts.

I just don't think its a fair situation

Agree but why not allow people who are seriously engaged (that`s squadrons) in this simulator the other titles in discounted offer constantly. That`s why i said Squadrons.

Heh. I'm "seriously engaged in this simulator", but I don't play multiplayer games and thus I'm not in a squadron. Why should I be a second class customer?

I'm voting no.

I'm seriously engaged in this simulator as well, but due to my lack of time/unregular playing hours, I don't want to join a squadron (and I think many players are in a similar situation). With your discount rule, that would mean that even though I'm an active, ED supporting player I don't get a discount, while equally active squadron member DO get a discount. I think that would not be fair... Thus, I voted NO.

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

People will just start creating squadrons to get discounts. ... ... ...

All this can be arranged. EG. Years of work... Who will pay the site, forum or teamspeak only because discount`s?

I find the reasoning not really conclusive. "Because we influence what will be develped"? You get already what you want and then want it also cheaper? Hrm...

But, for what it's worth, the problem with made up squadrons or how to identify squadrons ... just make it a volume discount. If one person (i.e. squad leader?) purchases 10 keys he gets one for free. Or something similar.

All this can be arranged. EG. Years of work... Who will pay the site, forum or teamspeak only because discount`s?

We have a dedicated website, teamspeak, and all. We're still not a formal squadron... you do realize you can set up a TS server for free, right? I have one running out of my house (not the above mentioned). I have a ddns client running to keep the hostname updated for the system so the others thay use it can easily access it. Setting up a webpage would be no more difficult and could be just as free.

I agree with the majority here. I feel the squadrons have an elevated interest in making sure ED prospers. We all want many years of continued development ahead and the guys doing all of this hard work deserve to reap the rewards.

Perhaps some other approach might benefit both parties? Group discounts when buying a bulk number of keys? This seems to be a profitable strategy elsewhere.

Personally, I feel the cost per module is very reasonable considering the quality of the product and there seem to be plenty of opportunities to take advantage of sales events.

EDIT: Flagrum sniped me in a more concise post. Well done sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

With all due respect, I fail to see any sense in such a practice. There are already enough and regular discounts for all products for DCS, and there is also bonus system.

Such approach would favor an "elite" in community, and could even be seen as a kind of discrimination among userbase.

Besides, even full price of a DCS module is just barely about or less than how much one would spend in a day out at local restaurant/bar/cafe etc with a few friends and/or family, while costs of developing one is sky-high. So if you have a costy, arduously developed product in a quite niche market, where your product price isn't too high either, would you axe income from most active & dedicated segment of said market?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'm all for squadrons, they promote teamplay and some of the best things about online playing. Unfortunately they also promote the worst things about online playing, namely selfish attitudes, elitism and a sense of self importance. This sim will flourish with or without squadrons. It's a very exciting time for the DCS community. EDGE is just around the corner and I'm pretty sure the player base is set to explode. I voted no. If there was a no @#$%$##@ way option I'd have voted that

Good Grief

I find the reasoning not really conclusive. "Because we influence what will be develped"? You get already what you want and then want it also cheaper? Hrm...

But, for what it's worth, the problem with made up squadrons or how to identify squadrons ... just make it a volume discount. If one person (i.e. squad leader?) purchases 10 keys he gets one for free. Or something similar.

Pretty much this.

Voted No.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Story easy go in wrong way. I hope I have not offended anybody.

Like as I said at beginning I do not want to get into the story that something must be.

I voted no, since you didn't have the option of ED charging more for DCS modules for everyone.

I truly hope DCS F/A-18C is released at a $69-79 USD price point to start reaping some beanies for these guys. People who don't want to pay that price can pick it up 3-6 months later on sale. (depending on release)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT