F-86 Engine sounds

Devil 505

• ED Team
Do you know when the current release version will sound like the one in your video? The sound is a huge part of the simulation, at least for me...

I dont know. I've asked to make the patch/update with this fix as soon as possible. But when it will be - that doesn't depend on me.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

I can confirm as well that my Saber sounds nothing like this. I greatly appreciate ED looking into this so promptly. I am glad I brought this thread up. Thanks again for an amazing aircraft and I look forward to hearing the new sounds in the next update. She needs to sound as good as she looks.

Regards

Robert

There is the same bug with Browning machine guns - wrong sounds.

But GAR-8 is AIM-9 in old designation. Thats why GAR-8 uses these sounds for now.

If we'll find more info about how it could sounds (or maybe you can help us) - we will change it.

Hi. Yup, I know GAR-8 is the old designation. I'm really just guessing that the sounds would be somewhat different between the older and newer versions of the Sidewinder. I really have no idea.:)

Kinda disappointed that the sound isn't fixed in 1.2.10

Especially since it was already fixed before 1.2.9 even came out according to BTD.

That makes two of us.

I originally thought that the placeholder sounds heard in game were being utilized intentionally as a temporary work around. In spite of the fact that the desired sound files are present , I figured that they may have their reasons for not tapping into them yet. But apparently it's a bug? A very clever bug at that.

Either way, in my opinion, it is certainly an item that deserves a high degree of priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@btd great textures! but sounds are still too generic .. and please do not be afraid to load a good amount of buffets sounds.

BTW I hope this is not EDGE yet.. just by observation.

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

• 1 month later...

Hi - just wondering if anyone knows if this issue has been resolved yet. I bought the Sabre in the latest flash sale and given the level of immersion that sounds provide, I am planning to wait until the issue is fixed before diving into the module. Thanks!

Depends on what "issue" You're talking about. Placeholder sounds from pre-1.2.9 are gone and the new ones are miles ahead of previous experience. I wish I had these in MiG-21! If some folks are still not happy about'em, well, I guess that's all one can do with current sound engine. We're told, however, DCS 2.0 might open the door for some future improvements here.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

We're told, however, DCS 2.0 might open the door for some future improvements here.

Source? DCS 2.0 is a graphics engine upgrade.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: