Master disconnect when testing missions with 2 PCs

During the testing of my missions, I use a dedicated server PC, which i configure as a DCS server with proper port forwarding etc on my router.

I also use a separate machine, which i configure as my DCS client, connecting to the server.

Since version 1.2.9, i am experiencing errors on the server side: disconnects from the master. When I join the client on the server (on the same LAN), the server disconnects after a minute or so from the master. The server gives the error: "Cannot connect to Master". Also the client stops working.

The method used to work for all versions since 1.2.8.

Therefore, i have two questions:

1. Am I allowed to install the purchased DCS modules on two PCs that I own, with the same license key? Or, do I need to purchase for each PC separate licenses (I really hope not, because that is going to cost me a fortune!)

2. Is somebody else in the community experiencing this kind of problem? (Xcom, ENO?)

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Two PC with same license can`t go online in same time. So, you need separate licenses in your case. Or on server install only DCS World and you don`t need FC3, F15C, A10C...etc license, clients have it. Just in mission desing make client slots for F86, F15C... actually, come to think of it, maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Aha, i think you are right... Ill try that. I just got a brand new pc, you see... And was trying out the same testing concept, but with a different configuration. I'll uninstall modules gradually on the server and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. I will have to "unprotected" these modules.

[/TABLE]

...I'll uninstall modules gradually on the server and see what happens...

No need to do it "gradually". All what server needs is DCS-World, which you can get free (no license/key required). IIRC you still need to have different (unique) DCS-account for server, but again, that's not a problem.

The thing is, I have all these modules registered. So I need to unregister them first. Simply uninstalling DCS does not unregister the modules.

[/TABLE]

The thing is, I have all these modules registered. So I need to unregister them first. Simply uninstalling DCS does not unregister the modules.

Use a clean DCS World installation without any modules and with a new account as server.

Use your main account with installed modules to play with.

This should work with no problems.