OSA SA-8 and Maverick Ranges

rss0900

I read in other post that using agm65d or H ranges should be much better than that of the OS-8 OSA. I'm not finding this to be the case and not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I can't lock up the OSA until I'm well within it's range and it's already fired at me. Is there a profile setting or something to increase maverick seeker range? My only option up to this point has been to let it fire, evade, then re-engage until within range.

Use AGM65 H/G/K (CCD versions), try 'Force Correlate Tracking Mode'

Yes AGM65x max range is better than SA8's, but on-board sensor will not lock at max, you will have to get too deep if you wait the lock.

Edited by L0op8ack

You should be able to consistently get a lock at around 7.5-7.7 miles with an IR seeker, at which point the 8 will fire, just do a 180 or a diving notch after launching and throw some chaff. Or force correlate with a G maverick and you should get about 9 miles range above 10,000ft.

While this technique might be effective in DCS, Forced Correlate mode is not meant to be used against point targets such as armor, and in the real world would result in misses. It is an area tracking mode intended to be used against large targets that exceed the tracking software's ability to detect and track the object's centroid.

Yes, we know it.

Keep a missle in the sky, SA8 will have to bet it will not hit him.

If SA8 intercept the missle, you will have a chance to go deeper and get a real lock.

It's strategy, not technique.

Edited by L0op8ack

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we know it.

If SA8 intercept the missle, you will have a chance to go deeper and get a real lock.

It is tactics, not strategy.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, we know it.

SA-8 will not intercept Maverick.