Sabre Directional Stability Issue in Flight & Trim Control

NatoBoomerang

Hey Guys - I've been having control-ability issues with the Sabre in flight (Clean profile)...if I leave the Stick (Warthog) in neutral position the jet slowly goes into a right-hand roll and will eventually nose over into a dive...not sure what the issue is, I need to keep constant stick pressure which sometimes lead into over-correction

Also - Trimming the aircraft works, but there is no Trim reset option (ex like in DCS F-15C)...so the jet gets over-trimmed...I'm fighting to keep the Jet in stable & level flight. Im also trying to understand how this relates to the Take-off position indicator in the cockpit...

Any help on this please?

BTW - my Warthog is calibrated and works fine with the other my other Modules.

thanks,

Nato.

"it don't matter, no more..."

==========================================

Pretty sure Sabre didn't have a trim reset in RL while the 15 might have one. This could explain that issue.

Most of the aircraft don't, as you don't need to do that during flight.

Some military aircraft have a takeoff-trim button.

The F-86 has a lightbulp. When you trim "nose up" and the light flickers briefly, this means that you are in the takeoff-trim position for the vertical stabalizer.

When you trim "left/right wing down" and the light flickers, you are in the takeoff-trim position for the aileron.

You don't want to mess with that lightbulp during flight though. Trim out your control forces. Don't expect an aircraft to be completly stable. It always needs small controll imputs.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Thanks guys :thumbup:- I figured this was the case...I just just surprised at the amount of work that was required to keep the jet in stable flight with the contact control input...was worried my install was spiked, LOL.

It takes some adjustment getting used to using the trim on the Sabre without out a a trim reset option to avoid over corrections.

Nato.

"it don't matter, no more..."

==========================================

Hey Guys - I've been having control-ability issues with the Sabre in flight (Clean profile)...if I leave the Stick (Warthog) in neutral position the jet slowly goes into a right-hand roll and will eventually nose over into a dive...not sure what the issue is, I need to keep constant stick pressure which sometimes lead into over-correction

Also - Trimming the aircraft works, but there is no Trim reset option (ex like in DCS F-15C)...so the jet gets over-trimmed...I'm fighting to keep the Jet in stable & level flight. Im also trying to understand how this relates to the Take-off position indicator in the cockpit...

Any help on this please?

BTW - my Warthog is calibrated and works fine with the other my other Modules.

thanks,

Nato.

Might try various settings, experimenting what works best in

OPTIONS \ CONTROLS for (F-86F Real) \ Axis Commands \ Axis Tune

for

Pitch, Roll and Rudder

This sim is early Beta, so is the current flight model going to change some?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It will change, I've pulled more then 14G without the plane coming apart, that can't be realistic, especially since I had 8 HVAR :)

Not necessarily; just because it's rated for 9G doesn't mean it instantly falls apart at 9.1 G- and an F-15C (which I believe are also rated at 9G) managed a 12-plus G turn in pursuit of a MiG25 in the Gulf War, so there's planes out there that have done it...

An f15a (rated at 7.3g) pulled 14-15g. It had to be made a museum piece after because the airframe was bent.

12g over-g is not unheard of in training, though rare.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The F86f has SUPER Sensitive controls at high speed,and even more so theAleierons., there is a old Instructional Video ide recomend going to see from teh '50s The aircraft tends to roll even fully trimmed out(at high speeds) but at lower speeds it flies straight. Its like the P51D just to a lesser extent.